1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - ALIEN Warrior - HT Facebook says "coming soon"

I'd really love for them to tackle on the Colonial Marines again. I can't imagine how much better they've gotten in the decade since the originals.

I thought the armor on the marines was great, and the weaponry. The camo paint apps could have been more accurate. But as a whole, for $80/$85, they were really good.

I love how many people were so ready to dump on this figure, then the photos come out and it looks good. It's easily Hot Toys' best rendition on the Alien. That said, that rubber body gives me pause. The mouth tendons on my HT aliens (I have the AvP warrior, brown Aliens warrior, and dog) have all held up fine over time, but those damn rubber bodies are absolute dust magnets. I don't want to buy a figure that I have to keep in a hermetically sealed display case just to keep clean. And who knows what the joints will be like (all my HT aliens are basically ragdolls, their joints are so bad). Add in NECA putting out great looking solid plastic 1/4 aliens for half the price of Hot Toys, and I feel no urge to immediately pre-order this. I can wait for in-hand reviews before making my final decision.

As for all the terrible inaccuracies some people are complaining about, what is wrong with this figure? I consider myself a serious Aliens fan and it looks pretty good to me, lackluster paint job aside. Someone has already pointed out that some props only had six ribs, so what else is inaccurate?

Really sad and disappointed, such a long wait for another rubber crap.
Unless this is just their part of the April Fools' Day...

I'm all too familiar with HT rubber problems from my own ED 209...but does anyone have experience with a rubber alien suite breaking down?

I was just cleaning my old g.i. joe vehicles and the rubber on them are still in great shape.

I want this...but don't want it to break down...nor sure what to do...

I'd really love for them to tackle on the Colonial Marines again. I can't imagine how much better they've gotten in the decade since the originals.

I do too, the sad thing is they'd probably use seamless rubber bodies and everyone would cry about it. Or worse yet, they'll see the bitching and moaning about these Aliens and other rubber figures and not even bother making them. :(

I thought the armor on the marines was great, and the weaponry. The camo paint apps could have been more accurate. But as a whole, for $80/$85, they were really good.

At those prices, which at the time I thought was high until I got one in hand - those were the days. The armor was great as well as the weapons, they did a lot of great things with those figures. I could see if they make 2.0 versions of the Marines they would use the same molds for the armor and make a few tweaks here and there with webbing & paint schemes. I would definitely be in if they make the BDU's more accurate and please get the actor's likeness rights this time. Can you imagine what they would look like if they actually looked like the actors.

I admit with this Alien Warrior it looks a lot better on the full reveal pics than it did in the catalog pic. Definitely a huge upgrade over the previous release but the plastic worries me like everybody else and the paint doesn't pop to me, if the blue accents were highlighted I think it would look really good but as is looks dull and boring paint wise.

I'm all too familiar with HT rubber problems from my own ED 209...but does anyone have experience with a rubber alien suite breaking down?

I was just cleaning my old g.i. joe vehicles and the rubber on them are still in great shape.

I want this...but don't want it to break down...nor sure what to do...

I have five Aliens total and the only one that has anything wrong with the rubber is the Dog Alien, there's a couple of tears on the lower legs (hardly noticeable), but I think that more from the previous owner putting the legs on and off to bow it up before selling it. Those legs are such a pain to get on. There isn't any signs of deterioration though, other than the "shine" they had originally has sort of worn off. I fixed that with some high gloss Mod Podge though, now they all look good as new. :D

Looks good. Lot nicer look than the first Warrior

At those prices, which at the time I thought was high until I got one in hand - those were the days. The armor was great as well as the weapons, they did a lot of great things with those figures. I could see if they make 2.0 versions of the Marines they would use the same molds for the armor and make a few tweaks here and there with webbing & paint schemes. I would definitely be in if they make the BDU's more accurate and please get the actor's likeness rights this time. Can you imagine what they would look like if they actually looked like the actors.

I remember getting Hicks Boots on legitly pissing me off:lol People don't know how good they have it these days not having to build Hot Toys anymore.

Can't wait for this! I think it looks great. As someone who missed the whole first run of Aliens (and I guess in a lot of ways that's a good thing) I'm glad to see this finally. Hopefully the Ripleys and queen will be announced on or before 4/26!

So do this mean no Big Chap?

I remember getting Hicks Boots on legitly pissing me off:lol People don't know how good they have it these days not having to build Hot Toys anymore.

Yeah, I remember that. I think from memory those old figures were marketed as 'model kits' on the box which you had to put together. Then they did the small snap-together figures and seemed to move to assembled movie action figures soon after and about that time Sideshow got the distribution license and prices went way up. Initially is was a little tricky to get the first marines, I think I got mine from ToySquare.

Though the rubber kind of sucks. I'm digging the design myself. I'm not a stickler for 100% accuracy, and am pretty satisfied with my Big Chap (whose rubber has fared reasonably well over the past 6 years or whatever it has been). Will buy unless it's outrageously expensive, as I never wanted the original ones with all the broken joints and cheap, deteriorating rubber.

This is going to sound like a really dumb question, but can someone please elaborate on the cons of a rubber body: maintenance, longevity etc. I like the idea of hiding joints but at what cost? Sorry for the noob question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I can’t help but be more turned off than excited with new announcements due to knowing figures are going to cost a minimum of $355 CAN (based on $220 US). It won’t stop me from purchasing characters I am excited about (Penguin or Ripley), but it 100% eliminates any “considerations” for other announcements like this Warrior Alien.

I look at this image and say “I’m not paying $360 for that”!! And in that instant the “excitement” is gone. This is what we call priced out folks.

Unfortunately I can’t help but be more turned off than excited with new announcements due to knowing figures are going to cost a minimum of $355 CAN (based on $220 US). It won’t stop me from purchasing characters I am excited about (Penguin or Ripley), but it 100% eliminates any “considerations” for other announcements like this Warrior Alien.

I look at this image and say “I’m not paying $360 for that”!! And in that instant the “excitement” is gone. This is what we call priced out folks.

Isn't that mostly due to the Canadian dollar's exchange rate though? For $220 USD, I'm all over this, at least two of them in fact. I'm guessing they'll be closer to $250 though.

Yes, the Marines and the Predator build kits were a love/hate type of thing when it came to building them - I loved it but also hated it at the same time. It was a great feeling though when you finally got the figure built and put it in your display for the 1st time. I remember spending a lot of time building the power loader and having a good time doing it but I also remember trying to build the 1st release P2 Elder before I knew about the hair dryer trick and nearly pulling out my hair trying to get the lower leg armor on.

Those were good times though:)

surely the release of aliens colonial marines 2.0 can't be far away now! Can't have an alien warrior and no marines to kick its ass. Caman hot toys doo ett. Its the one big release everyone wants to see!

surely the release of aliens colonial marines 2.0 can't be far away now! Can't have an alien warrior and no marines to kick its ass. Caman hot toys doo ett. Its the one big release everyone wants to see!

I was thinking the same thing, the battle damage pieces leads me to believe that's HT way of teasing us about USCM 2.0.

Back