1/6 Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You seem to be approaching this as if it was NECA or something. Most people aren't going to spend $240 on a Clara Clayton figure or 1955 Marty or Biff or own multiple DeLoreans. Sure, there's going to be a few who would, I would love a Clara, Bufford and Marty and Doc in western gear but that's not the way Hot Toys operates. Even massive sellers like Iron Man have some big gaps in their lines. No Killian from Iron Man 3, or Happy Hogan. Batman V Superman didn't see Lex Luthor, Lois Lane, Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent or Doomsday figures made. The list goes on. They do a few key characters and move one because every Marty they make takes up a spot in the factory where they could be making a new Thor, or Darth Vader or Batman which is going to sell massively more than any BTTF figure and those figures need to be out at a certain time while the film is still relevant.

As for the DeLorean those extra parts to make all the variations would have driven the price up more and probably would have meant even less sales. As you said, Marty and the DeLorean didn't sell as well as expected. At the end of the day Hot Toys is a business and if a line isn't doing well for them it's kind of silly to expect them to delve deeper into it, isn't it? If Marty in his iconic outfit from Part I didn't sell well then a Johnny B. Goode version isn't going to do any better, would it?

Yeah, Hot Toys has handled this licence wrong. No BTTF Doc is a mistake, as is showing the hover DeLorean before the first is out but as someone who also has been wanting Back to the Future figures my entire life getting one very good Marty, one decent one, a Doc Brown and a very nice DeLorean to go along with them is more than I had for the first 30 years of my life.

:goodpost:

Having both a BttF Marty and Doc (radiation suit) I think could have potentially boosted sales of the DeLorean as well. All three items would have had a symbiotic relationship and helped feed sales of each.

For many collectors, I think a BttF Marty and Doc, as well as the BttF DeLorean, would have sufficed just fine as a BttF representation. Even without the Part 2 figures.

As I mentioned though earlier, perhaps their logic was make the Part 2 Doc so that way people who want a Doc would be tempted to also get the Part 2 Marty as well, despite already having the first one, so that way it's an accurate pairing of the two.

I think this came out alright and its not half as bad as people are saying. My opinion might change once I have it on hand. Already got my pick up notice from Secret Base.

With these classic licenses, I always assume that every figure will be the last one. So... although I would have preferred a hover DeLorean, still quite happy with the one they released. The only complaint is how they handled Doc Brown as I really wanted the 1955 version...... way more then the radioactive suit.

I think this came out alright and its not half as bad as people are saying. My opinion might change once I have it on hand. Already got my pick up notice from Secret Base.

With these classic licenses, I always assume that every figure will be the last one. So... although I would have preferred a hover DeLorean, still quite happy with the one they released. The only complaint is how they handled Doc Brown as I really wanted the 1955 version...... way more then the radioactive suit.

I ageee about the figure. It looks good but they could have improved a lot. My biggest gripe are the clothes. Doesn’t look like HT quality in my opinion

I love the box. The current design has the delorean going back in time. This has the delorean travelling forward into the future. Genius.

I don't think anyone in China gives two hoots about BTTF, So gonna have to wait for US & European collectors to get their hands on this, before we get many more pics / vids.

This will be it for this line as soon as Doc is released- BTTF was more of general interest two years ago but now nothing- HT is just getting these out and moving on fast as they can

I hope to see radiation suit doc and part 3 stuff in the future but right now hot toys likely has too many irons in the fire.

Still no in hand pics? Shame reviewers like Dean Knight and I Am Toys don't appear to be getting this.

It would appear TheClipperKing has this figure. Looking forward to the review! :yess:

Here you go guys , fresh out the box.

Possibly one of the first

2QE7IzW.jpg

If that hover board does not float over that water base.....then I call BS!
LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So..... if the shoes go in the shoe carry case. Does it include extra shoes? or are you suppose to pose the figure on its pegs with the shoes in the carry case? Or does he come with feet and socks?

Back