1/6 Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So does anyone know how this figures compares to the first? I look at some of the pics of the new figure and I don't see Marty McFly but that first figure is spot on.

So does anyone know how this figures compares to the first? I look at some of the pics of the new figure and I don't see Marty McFly but that first figure is spot on.

Are you kidding, you can't compare the two versions as being the same because he physically didn't look the same in the two films.

The first HT captures Fox's likeness in the 1985 film and this version captures fox in part 2 where it was four years later in 1989 in which Fox was older and gained some weight. Not only that Fox's hair was longer in Part 2. :lecture

Now if a Part 3 western Marty comes out it probably will look no different than this since Part 3 was originally filmed during Part 2.

So think of this version of Marty as a little older version of Marty four years later from the first Marty. In which IMO, HT nailed his likeness

So were pre-ordering a year in advance now?:slap

Typical HT, too many lines. Strictly SW and Marvel with DC are their moneymakers and their focus probably for the rest of this year . All other lines including Aliens will take a backseat :lecture

Wait until this fall you're going to be sick with all the focus on Rogue One with HT and probably SS , and B v S with CW mixed in . You know that's what HT will do

I think with having to wait a year for this I'm going to order this and Doc sometime in 2017. I'm getting a custom radiation suit doc and will be happy with that but would like the characters from each movie. This was always a favorite of mine then never got toy love. FINALLY I'm getting some of the long lost toys of my childhood

Well they seem to have USA Today and Mattel rights so it could be that the deal with Nike has to be finalized.

Are you kidding, you can't compare the two versions as being the same because he physically didn't look the same in the two films.

The first HT captures Fox's likeness in the 1985 film and this version captures fox in part 2 where it was four years later in 1989 in which Fox was older and gained some weight. Not only that Fox's hair was longer in Part 2. :lecture

Now if a Part 3 western Marty comes out it probably will look no different than this since Part 3 was originally filmed during Part 2.

So think of this version of Marty as a little older version of Marty four years later from the first Marty. In which IMO, HT nailed his likeness

This makes a lot of sense. And yet to me, HT's 1985 Marty looks older and a bit heavier than the 2015 Marty sculpt that JC posted.

Is it just me seeing that?

This makes a lot of sense. And yet to me, HT's 1985 Marty looks older and a bit heavier than the 2015 Marty sculpt that JC posted.

Is it just me seeing that?

Nope,
I definitely felt the 85 version looked a little too old but mainly the likeness was off and the sole reason why I didn't pick it up.
This 89 likeness looks about as close as you can get in 1/6, excellent work.
I just hope they keep the production version out of the tanning salon. The guy had pale skin in these films and the dark tan that came with the first figure really affected the likeness.

Duh not digging a water stand, its looks good with hover board but not leave possibility for other pose.

Back