1/6 George Clooney - Dusk Till Dawn - updated P.9(finished & opening for sale))

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 George Clooney - Dusk Till Dawn - update 18.11( P.5 ) )

I'm trying to help myself own this head sculpt, and if he wants to make it available to everyone as he already stated I'm going to help him spend my money by giving him my opinion on how to improve it. Thainer maybe you should try doing the same in the future with one of your custom projects instead of assuming what everyone is thinking or what everyone one wants, you could ask people for their opinion on it, instead of taking things so personal. No one is bashing this sculpt, all we have done is praise it and commend him on his skill, he showed us his interpretation of Clooney and it looked like it was from ER, once he asked for our suggestions he started sculpting Seth, so actually this project he's sculpting is based on our feedback that he has been very appreciative of us for providing.

I'm trying to help myself own this head sculpt, and if he wants to make it available to everyone as he already stated I'm going to help him spend my money by giving him my opinion on how to improve it. Thainer maybe you should try doing the same in the future with one of your custom projects instead of assuming what everyone is thinking or what everyone one wants, you could ask people for their opinion on it, instead of taking things so personal. No one is bashing this sculpt, all we have done is praise it and commend him on his skill, he showed us his interpretation of Clooney and it looked like it was from ER, once he asked for our suggestions he started sculpting Seth, so actually this project he's sculpting is based on our feedback that he has been very appreciative of us for providing.

:exactly: :exactly:

Thank you all of your comments,Guys!
I will fix the eyebrows & hair later !
I know many peple like Seth in here , so I will do my best !
Cheers !

I'm not trying to be a richardhead. Really, I'm not. I just have a tendency to stick up for the little guy. He's new. He's trying to do this head in a way that people are going to like it and want to buy it. I have just seen this happen here before. He is trying to sculpt by committee and you can't please everyone. If there are people who are visual artists who can help him see what he is missing and want to help him fix it that is awesome. But I have also seen it where everyone has an opinion and the sculptor goes crazy trying to make all the suggested changes. Don't wanna see that happen here, is all. Ryan seems like a nice guy and a talented sculptor. Don't want to see us poison the well.

You can see I chopped a good section off.

clooney-1.jpg

Eyes are usually center of the face.

portrait-proportions.jpg

This is a very good and useful suggestion:wave

Thank you all of your comments,Guys!
I will fix the eyebrows & hair later !
I know many peple like Seth in here , so I will do my best !
Cheers !

I can forsee you will be my next farvorable sculptor.:wink1:

It's good...even da details on face is much better than Beckham's one.. :) Add oil~

It's good...even da details on face is much better than Beckham's one.. :) Add oil~

Remark : "Add Oil" is a kind of Chinenglish which is commonly used in HK... it means : Go for it, you can make it :lol

Remark : "Add Oil" is a kind of Chinenglish which is commonly used in HK... it means : Go for it, you can make it :lol

:rotflThanks Kato....i ain't good at English :slap

I'm not trying to be a richardhead. Really, I'm not. I just have a tendency to stick up for the little guy. He's new. He's trying to do this head in a way that people are going to like it and want to buy it. I have just seen this happen here before. He is trying to sculpt by committee and you can't please everyone. If there are people who are visual artists who can help him see what he is missing and want to help him fix it that is awesome. But I have also seen it where everyone has an opinion and the sculptor goes crazy trying to make all the suggested changes. Don't wanna see that happen here, is all. Ryan seems like a nice guy and a talented sculptor. Don't want to see us poison the well.

I understand where you are coming from and it's applauding. However, with all constructive criticism and suggestions, they are just that, suggestions. The artist doesn't have to do the changes suggested unless he agrees that it may make the piece look better. Sometimes when sculpting, you get too close to the sculpt and there comes a time where you go blind to what is sometimes needed to further improve the thing and sometimes other eyes can help you see things you have been missing.

The people making the suggestions should also realize that even if they think it would improve the piece, the artist may not agree and decide not to use the suggestion. That's his/her prerogative as he/she IS the artist.

I only ever offer my opinion and suggestions if I think they could help improve a sculpt, but I have no illusions or demands on that my suggestions has to be used. They are just things I saw that could potentially help the artist improve the piece and the suggestions may even get the artist to spot other things as well and improve on those too, in case that is needed.

And with quality sculpting such as shown here, I can't wait to see more of that talent.

Re: 1/6 George Clooney - Dusk Till Dawn - updated 18.11( P.5 ) )

Ok. That's cool. I get that. My wife broke her ankle in September and is trying to learn how to walk again after 10 weeks in a cast. We are breaking a human gait down into it's basic component movements in order to make sure that she is doing them all correctly so that she will, in the future, walk without a limp. If I just patted her on the head when she asked my advice she would never get better and will never walk properly again. So I have to offer advice and criticism in order to help her.
I probably jumped the gun but I do think sometimes we take our dolls a little too seriously. I see the details in a 1/1 picture and strive very hard to replicate those in 1/6. You can ask people here who have bought stuff (figures, decals, patches, etc) That my stuff is detailed and accurate. Or at least detailed and well accessorised. But the thing is that no matter what kind of details, and finickiness, and OCD we bring to a figure at the end of the day they are still toys. There is going to be a psychologically disconnect because it is not a real person. I have people come over and say "Wow. What a cool collection." But I am still the whackjob who plays with dolls.
I love buying heads and painting them and outfitting the figures. To me that is the best part of this hobby. I will stop and look at a figure I built on the way by my bookshelf. The ones I take out of a box go on the shelf and are quickly and almost totally forgotten. But I don't stress over a tiny missed detail or big ears. I just tell myself it is a toy and love it for the joy it brought me putting it together and when I walk by the shelf it is on.

You may see the whole thing as a toy, but I see the head sculpt as a singular piece of art or artwork. I don't care what anyone else thinks of my collection, just as well as anyone else don't really care about my opinion regarding what they enjoy and collect - and everyone collects something.

Any artist strives to improve his/her skills and sometimes the suggestions of others help hone those skills and the artist may push himself/herself further than he/she dared by just doing it without input. To create a likeness in sixth scale is incredibly difficult... to do it to this level as shown here is even more difficult... and I admire the skill shown off here and the strive to go the extra mile and using suggestions that can improve things, instead of just calling it done before it really is.

This sculpt is shaping up to be near perfect. With all the suggestions I'm really seeing Seth in there. Can't wait to own it! :rock

Just revised the hair! Look much better!
Thanks for your suggestions,Robbiethepainter !

11455373.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Re: 1/6 George Clooney - Dusk Till Dawn - updated 20.11( P.8 ) )

Turned out great ryant. Can't wait to see many more sculpts from you.

Re: 1/6 George Clooney - Dusk Till Dawn - updated 20.11( P.8 ) )

perfect head!

Back