1/6 Desert Sands Sandtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously? Someone had a buy-it-now for less than $110 (130 with shipping I suppose)? Damn, good score.

Well it was £102 shipped so maybe around the same with customs etc. and it turns out his a freak on the boards as well:wave

wow...such a good deal you guys are able to buy your sandies for,i manage to find a local dealer was selling the Sergrant standard version for $190 USD,even thou alittle expensive but due to so rare to find one nowdays so had to but it..

Picking up the stormtrooper commander tonight too..
no lunch money this month..****..lol

They are all sold out at the SS site.enless SS will produce more but you might have to purchase Dewback at the same time.(hope not)

You can still find it here and there online retail but the price is quite high

I came across one on eBay a few months ago, but lost after a fierce bidding war. The regular trooper's available, but most people are selling those for well over £250 :(

Seems like bad business not to provide what the buyers want. I get that one of the big things about all figures or statues or whatever is the "limitedness" and the joy of having what other people can't have but some stuff like the stormtroopers/sandtroopers should always be available. That's just common sense and the definition of capitalism for me. You make stuff, you sell stuff, you make some more and sell some more. Now they're letting others reap the benefits from their work. The original cost for doing the figures is already payed, they stand to make more money per unit the second time around.

Last edited:
They know that too. ;) That's why they've released the Stormtrooper 5 times so far. I'm absolutely certain they'll do so again in the future.

These dates may be off, but they're the best reference I have from SSC's site.

Sandtrooper (Jan 2009 $110)
Stormtrooper (Mar 2009 $90)
Sandtrooper Squad Leader (Oct 2009 $110)
Sandtrooper Corporal (Dec 2009 $110 in-store only)
Sandtrooper Deluxe: Desert Sands Detachment (May 2011 $135)

These guys produce too much variety to keep every product line going all the time. And they risk getting stuck with too much inventory if they over-produce. The exclusivity helps to keep the price up too.

I was lucky enough to snag a deluxe Sandtrooper from a board member a couple months ago, but it's nearly impossible to get a good price on the older ones, especially the squad leader.

I agree that it would do them no good to have every different product in stock in perpetuity but the stormtroopers? I mean any person starting up would want a few and all others will buy to build armies. :)

Don't get me wrong, I'd be fine with it, but I suspect some people would be disappointed at the loss of exclusivity. Some different variation of pack-in items could be used to denote exclusive versions as is done now though. But there may be other factors at play. Maybe the edition size is one of the stipulations of the licensing deal with Lucasfilm? We're not likely to ever find out about that.

I just stumbled on a store that (apparently) still has some stock of the corporal (black pauldron) @ US$160 if anyone is interested.

You're not going to buy and then scalp it right? Because I could have done that (the store is local to me so I wouldn't even need to have it shipped).

PM sent.

Last edited:
The store apparently only had 1 left in stock and one of the lucky guys above must have snapped it up already.

Probably the 2nd person I PM'd - they didn't post here in the thread. Toys2 price was actually a few dollars cheaper than I just picked one up "used" on eBay last week. The site is legit, a scam site would most definitely use much more attractive pricing and list more unattainable figures as "in-stock" like the original Stormtrooper.

Back