1/6 Desert Sands Sandtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2f1811f6.jpg

^Agreed, although i only have the SS stormy to compare, but these sandy's blitz it.

I received a couple of these today from SSC, with a xmas card and gift card.
Thanks SCC:)

Last edited:
I bought one of these Desert Sands bodies to rebuild my Sideshow Stormtrooper. Are the joints on this body tighter than the old Stormtrooper one? He couldn't stand on his own or hold a pose very well.

Question: Does this guy come with a regular Star Wars stand as well? I'm very OCD about these things. All my Star Wars figures have the standard Star Wars stands which is why I never buy exclusive Clones. Yeah, I know. :slap

On the Sideshow site it says that he comes with the standard Star Wars logo base. I guess the sand part is just an optional cover you can put over it, so the answer to your question is yes.

I just got the Sandy yesterday, which is my first OT figure, as I've only had Clones until now.

He looks great all geared up! I'm tempted to get another one to display in the other colour shoulder pad if he goes on sale later on or something. But I'm a bit bummed about the lack of hands, as the ones provided don't hold the weapons that steadily.

Are you gonna change any of the pauldrons to different ranks? I have got to get one one these, and the Dewback.

I've only got the (brown and white) that came with this figure, so will mix them up. Not up too speed on which represents which rank? Someone else could chime in here.
BTW, get one or more, you not be disappointed. You get a lot of accessories with this one:yess:
And if budget allows, dewback is a must I reckon. It seems to complement this figure perfectly. I thought the display at SDCC looked awesome!

I want to get another desert trooper and repaint it brand new. My only concern is how I would repaint the blue grill on the helmet. It's not indented and hand paint would not look good. You guys have any suggestion?

Back