1/6 Desert Sands Sandtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why don't you stencil it no need for fine hand work

Can I get some pointers on the best way to stencil it? I guess I can try to photo copy the print, cut and make a stencil.

I don't have an airbrush. What paint do you suggest? You think I can get away with spraying a light coat of emerald white paint?

@shrapnel

Google stormtrooper helmet decals. Print 2 of them, one with the colour cut out, the second with the reverse cut out. Place one after the other to get a layered effect. Although test this a few times on a piece of paper until you are happy with it. Acrylic spray cans should do fine.

He's finally arrived!

Questioning the local spy as to the whereabouts of an Old Man, a Kid, a Walking Carpet, a scruffy looking Nerf Herder and some Droids.

The last pic is of my own Sandie that I put together from parts I got from various sellers and TA and his gun is the "Beru Burner" (a customised Alien Flame Thrower).

sandies11.jpg

sandies2-1.jpg

Sandies3.jpg

Last edited:
He's finally arrived!

Questioning the local spy as to the whereabouts of an Old Man, a Kid, a Walking Carpet, a scruffy looking Nerf Herder and some Droids.

The last pic is of my own Sandie that I put together from parts I got from various sellers and TA and his gun is the "Beru Burner" (a customised Alien Flame Thrower).

wow,so fast!!looking good:yess:

As much as i don't like the headsculpts and armor in places on these SS troops, i got to say the weathering on this guy looks way better then previous Sandtroopers released..its almost tempting.

Nice overall shots but you should have raised the leg armor a bit, it looks to doll-ish this way.

Great photos, Pantone!

You must be involved in design with a name like that and such great skill in photography!

Thanks! Yep, I work as a graphic designer. Maybe I should start matching my Clones up with the matching Pantone swatch. :lol

Nice overall shots but you should have raised the leg armor a bit, it looks to doll-ish this way.

Will keep that in mind!

"Beru Burner" (a customised Alien Flame Thrower).

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Yeah I know...comedy gold! Ha! I just always thought that one of the Sandtroopers should have a flame thrower to explain the two flame grilled corpses. It turned out a lot better than I was expecting. It's a mixture of a SS Clone rifle, an Alien Flame Thrower and bits from my parts box.

I caved and picked this guy up, going to fix the chest plate and paint more black around the aerators and the inner lip of the helmet. If i can find a Marmit stunt or even a recast of it then i'll probally swap the SS one out.

This is a great figure, weathering looks so much better then previous releases and comes with a good amount of gear, body is nice and stiff this time around.

2lo6cfk.jpg

2qckm5z.jpg

6dvhqs.jpg

2s1keg4.jpg

The pictures of this guy are making me regret my decision not to buy him... I already have 2 and its hard to justify a 3rd :lol

Normally I'd be okay just swapping one out... but I really like the Orange Pauldron (Squad Leader) and have a soft spot for the "Look Sir Droids" Exclusive from the first release.

Hi guys...

I've got a really embarrassing question. This is my first SSC Sandtrooper. Is there a link or some kind of tutorial on how to put all the bells and whistles on the trooper? I wanted to assemble the survival pack but I'm kind of afraid to put the cycle filter on. I don't want to force anything and break it.

Sorry for asking a stupid question like this.
thanks.

BTW Nice photos Valfar.

Back