1/6 Desert Sands Sandtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine a few days ago. Wifey got it wrapped & under the tree for me. Hoping Sandy Claws gets the dewback to us before the big day. Can't wait! Haven't been this excited over a Sideshow release since Jabba & his throne. :clap

i have had this for two days and still haven't had the time to open him & go over everything. work & family = sandtrooper buzzkill............:lecture:

I heard that! I have to hold off till after Christmas. My kids apparently need toys on Christmas morning.:)

After hearing good comments and seeing the production pics, I decided to give this a try. My first SS figure. I hope it lives up to my expectation.

booyah................awesome trooper
st4.jpg

st3.jpg

st2.jpg

st1.jpg

not sure if i'm completely happy with the body.........as i ported the st commander over to a tt slim & love his look.............but....time will tell if i just cant live with it.............i know it's a nit noid thing but right where the armor meets the thigh is where it gets a bit wonky to me. :dunno

Gotten mine.

I really prefer the the weathering for this one compared to the previous releases.

Just got mine open and yeah, I'll fix up the chest armor with a little heat but absolutely fantastic paint. Love it! Got mine from Razor's Edge and Michael threw in a Watto Hasbro figure on the Episode I card. Very cool of him to throw in a bonus!

Last edited:
Just ordered 2 of these for a dewback dio similar to the one displayed at SDCC this year. I want too get another sandy but maybe a different version? Any opinions on the other versions?
This new one is great value with everything you get with it.
Maybe better off getting another one of these, since the other versions are sold out and hence cost more on ebay?

Just ordered 2 of these for a dewback dio similar to the one displayed at SDCC this year. I want too get another sandy but maybe a different version? Any opinions on the other versions?
This new one is great value with everything you get with it.
Maybe better off getting another one of these, since the other versions are sold out and hence cost more on ebay?

well if you want your troopers to look consistent for a dio project stick with the desert sands version. you can change out the pauldrons easily enough or even pick up a loose one. but the weathering on the armor is fantastic & while the others arent bad they are very different.

well if you want your troopers to look consistent for a dio project stick with the desert sands version. you can change out the pauldrons easily enough or even pick up a loose one. but the weathering on the armor is fantastic & while the others arent bad they are very different.

Yeh good point barryo. 3 desert sands it will be.:lecture
And a bit of beach sand:lol

Totally agree. I picked a few sets of armor (Desert Sands Version) from Toy Anxiety and replaced my previous SS Sandtroopers. Man, what a difference:yess: Still have a couple more sandtroopers to set up.

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_131.jpg
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_141.jpg
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_143.jpg
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_134.jpg
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_139.jpg
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_135.jpg
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_137.jpg

Back