1/6 Desert Sands Sandtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, that's straight out of the box. I have to admit, the China version of my paint apps makes for an even better dirty sand look than what I did. I think the product outshines the proto this time. I love this piece.

And you can't really tell in the pic, but the trooper does have the accurate dark green lenses.

Okay, here are some pics. No fancy poses and no accessories. I'm waiting on the Dewback before I set his pose and have his rod.

Just a note: I covered my fingers with a folded paper towel, and then pinched the sides of the chest plate together as I heated it up with a blowdryer to make the plate curve around the body. Normally, it looks like the too-wide plate all of the troopers have come with.

Sandy05.jpg

Sandy06.jpg

Sandy07.jpg

Sandy08.jpg

Sandy03.jpg

Sandy02.jpg

Sandy04.jpg

Sandy01.jpg

Last edited:
nice..............that weathering is better than the others for sure.

This might be my first Sandtrooper from Sideshow. It's a shame about it still having the fat chest plate though. I'm hoping SS decides to re-release a plain Stormtrooper with retooled armor and a new helmet sculpt some time next year.

Superb figure and I cannot wait to get mine from Secret Compass along with the Dewback. This is going to be a great piece.

Nice figure over all, but I can not for the life of me figure out why in the world Sideshow still bases the troopers buckets on the old FX style (which is FAR from accurate)? As a 501st member its so frustrating to see this helmet constantly on the Sideshow figures. Marmit was able to capture the helmet far better than Sideshow.

@Hollywood

What's the differences of the helmets? I see some.

S1300010Small.jpg

Marmit, Medicom, Sideshow, Kotobukiya.

Last edited:
Nice figure over all, but I can not for the life of me figure out why in the world Sideshow still bases the troopers buckets on the old FX style (which is FAR from accurate)? As a 501st member its so frustrating to see this helmet constantly on the Sideshow figures. Marmit was able to capture the helmet far better than Sideshow.

Agree though I don't think they are FX based just idealised (which sux), but have learnt to live with them, some angles they look fine

The weathering looks better than the Marmit which, to me, was the best Sandie. Kinda want this now.

Back