1/6 Desert Sands Sandtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing how much better this one is in its weathering. Doesn't look like the other three at all.

True, but seeing them grouped together....I like it that each one has a distinctive look.

Just got this today (was a bit of good shock really...no "quantum notice", just BAM! Here it is...) and...wow!

It truly is a deluxe offering. Looking at all of the gear, it's going to be a blast coming up with a unique combination to outfit this trooper with.

The deco is outstanding, paint apps top-notch...love the return of the sand base, and again...the gear options are terrific.

Makes one wonder...wouldn't it be a treat to see Sideshow offer "deluxe" treatments of other military figures....rebels, Republic, Imperials and/or the many other forms of soldier in the SW galaxy?

(I'm gonna keep saying "Hoth" until we see an ultimate offering of those great rebels and Imperials decked out in their extreme weather gear)

If they came as packed as this great Sandtrooper offering, they'd be most welcome!

Pics later....

I'm waiting for my quantum notice and can't wait to get this figure in my hands and introduce him to his other Sandtrooper shelf buddies.

I got The Sandtrooper Yesterday. It's fantastic!! A lot better than the previous releases. Now I can't wait until I get the Dewback.

Got my Sandtrooper last night. Best. Figure Ever. The details on the weapons are amazing not to mention the sheer number that you get. I'm of the camp that the gray pauldron exists and I actually prefer it for grunts.

The Hasbro dewback works perfect as an alternative to the SSC one. Sure the details aren't as nice as the SS version but I think a separate saddle could be constructed inexpensively and, if you have the skill, a custom paint job for the dewback would look awesome. You can check out some of my photos of this on Facebook.

Mine shipped yesterday!
Is the body floppy like the other ones? I have the Corporal and Squad Leader and also a Stormtrooper Commander from SS and they are the floppiest figures I've ever owned. So, did they fix it?

i have had this for two days and still haven't had the time to open him & go over everything. work & family = sandtrooper buzzkill............:lecture

edit:..........the wife told me i have to post just kidding & a :)

okay she just left again...............:mad:

i have had this for two days and still haven't had the time to open him & go over everything. work & family = sandtrooper buzzkill............:lecture

edit:..........the wife told me i have to post just kidding & a :)

okay she just left again...............:mad:

:lol

Factory paints look far better... Are you planning on stripping it down and doing a repaint, Barry?

Morning... :wave

:lol

Factory paints look far better... Are you planning on stripping it down and doing a repaint, Barry?

Morning... :wave

morning flosi.............:wave

well, if mine looks as good as some of the pics i've seen i probably will leave it as is as it matches my marmits pretty well. i may take the orange pauldron squad leader & strip him down to match this one. those apps were a bit too brown.

Congrats on those who got this he looks great. I was able to pick up the sand base from TA to go with my Sandtroopers so that was a plus. To bad SS didn't start the paint apps like this, the old sandtroopers look even worse next to this one.

Hey Barryo post some pics of your repainted Sandtroopers I would like to see them.

the only ones i've repainted/added paint are my marmits. & the only other ssc sandtrooper i have besides this one is the orange pauldron, all i did to that was touch up a few details on the helmet. but here's a shot
sand1-2.jpg

i will try to take a big group shot of them this weekend. dewback (hasbro repaint) & transport included.........:panic:

From what I remember Hot Toys helped with making the Pro body for the armored troopers. Therefore, there's still a chance that Hot Toys can make their own Stormtrooper:pray:

Anyways, I just ordered a bunch of loose parts from this set over at TA. Gonna update the armor on the previous Sandtroopers that SS released.

GO GET 'EM!!!!!!

they did some work on the actual armor as well. casting methods. material selection, painting methods, ETC.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone ever reads the QnA's :lol

Back