1/6 Death Star Swing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is so beautifully done! The only chance that I did be owning this, is if Sideshow decides to work on this one.:emperor

Awesome, Darth_IMPoor! I admire your talent - and your time!

Perhaps Sisdeshow could take a hint and produce some set pieces like this one, as they are doing with their «Figure environments» line.

I would definetely get a set that would evoke this scene:

Awesome, Darth_IMPoor! I admire your talent - and your time!

Perhaps Sisdeshow could take a hint and produce some set pieces like this one, as they are doing with their «Figure environments» line.

I would definetely get a set that would evoke this scene:

Was thinking of doing this scene as a diorama.

Wow, I can't believe I just came upon this! Amazing work sir, thank you for all of the in progress photos. Maybe with all of the dio's that are being made they should have their own category.

"Quick! We've got to get across. Find the controls that extend the bridge."

today004.jpg

today005.jpg

"Here.....hold this."

today007.jpg

today008.jpg

today009.jpg

"For luck!"

today010.jpg

This has been bumped just for pure awesomeness.

well, a body swap for Leia (perhaps to a female truetype or something) and repainting the heads (at least fixing them up so their faces don't look yellow/orange and have a rubber-ish in sheen) would definitely help with the figure quality issue...

Looks like you've caught the attention of all the newer SSF members Dart_IMpoor! :lol

I appreciate the bumpage. Hard to believe this was the first one. It came out better than I hoped. The encouragement you get on this site is awesome. I know many great threads tend to get buried as the new projects appear, so it's nice to show any newcomers what we've done. And if seeing something like this and the WIP pics gets a newb to start something of their own, all the better.

Thanks for the kind words swsqueakquels. I have to assume the SS crew looks through these pages and who knows, maybe one of these great customs will inspire them to come out with a mass release item. I see the pros and cons of something like this coming out. My biggest con is it's just too limiting. In all likelihood, you put Luke and Leia on it or 2 Stormtroopers. Not very diverse. Also, it would need to come in pieces for assembly or the shipping would be killer. Who knows. I'm just hoping their 1/9 diorama of this scene that should be released soon is cool. I've been waiting on that since the sneak preview!!

Very nice, I'd love to build something like this! Now SS needs to come out with a Leia worthy of this beautiful environment!:chew

Sorry for the Zombie Thread but I just wanted to say "wow".

I love this, when I saw the small image on your sig I was convinced it was a sneak peek from Sideshow from Comic-Con.

Can you guess how disappointed I was when I went to the Sideshow site & I found out I couldnt buy it!!!!

I really love this, great work all round.

Too kind. Thanks j14. It's a shame so many cool projects tend to get buried over the course of time. I wish there was a way to do a Sticky thread with links or something. There's probably alot of newer folks that haven't seen this yet. And if you want a treat, Mr. Dorgmal Snow has so many inspiring threads that are long buried, it's not funny. I'm constantly flattered he thinks so highly of this project.

I'll be working on it again soon enough, and likely making a 2nd one. There are improvements I'd like to make, as subtle as they would be. I was but a wee newb when I made this. As Luke would say "I've learned so much".

Owwwwww Jeff its so good to have you back you big girl :) I have to focus my insults on Feroze mainly since you went MIA... but now your back so get your ARSE in gear old gal and get building or I will climb in my ferret peddled powered flying air machine and drop large lumps of blue cheese on you from and ridiculously high altitude... ow I am glad I got that out my system... great to have you back

Back