1/6 Death Star Swing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am so glad you are back D_IP..........:lol
your dios are a sight to behold.....:clap
whats next on tap?

Thanks Jim. It was fun and I'm pretty proud of it.

And barryo, I'm cooling it on the new dios for now. My main concern is tweaking what I have and making it better. I am going to re-visit this dio because I think it would look even better if it was about 4" off the ground. That would make the ramp pop even more. But to do that without seams, I may have to do the whole front over. Alot of work, for technically not much, but I'm betting it'll be worth it.

I'm re-doing some of the custom figures I had too. Of course, pics will follow as I get to them.

This dio is sheer, sheer genius. Period.:bow

I like your thought on increasing the height by several inches. I also got this random, stray thought that if you paint a forced perspective "chasm" on a piece of glass and illuminated it in some clever fashion, it would add to the drama (and the amount of display space necessary) for this piece. Mind you, I'm not clever enough to figure out exactly how that would work, but I think it could be done?

Thanks man. Hopefully I still have a Bom with my name on it (for sometime soon anyway)

So here we go.....

The destruction of a classic (in my own mind anyway). Why is Pooh in there? Cause C-Bob likes pooh (or is it Poodu), and because it's funny. Also starring in this shot-the sole survivor of the Great Sideshow Purge of 2011, Gonk!

IMG_0252.jpg

Gentlemen, I can rebuild it. I have the technology. I have the capability to build the world's first Death Star Chasm that's 4" off the ground. This will be that dio. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster, taller.

Last edited:
Actually, I'd need 2 more: The Stormtrooper one is up and way over

7a.jpg

And then there's the one they swing to directly across

n671305666_1269415_5224.jpg

And believe me Chaka, I'm kind of inclined to do it. Instead of a bunch of half-assed mini-dios, go all-in on one. I'll have to think on that.

Alright guys, here's the idea. Excuse the brutal drawings......have Photoshop, don't know how to use Photoshop:monkey3-so you get the "Paint" blueprint. Not to scale, as if THAT needs mentioning.

2 separate,curved pieces, both relatively narrow so I can break it down and move it.

insideplan-1.jpg

outsideplan.jpg

It'll be 5' high, not sure how long the across section will be yet. I figure that's enough room to get Luke's ramps 6" off the floor, and the Stormtrooper ramp should end up being a pretty accurate story up with 5" or 6" above the door.

I think I'm gonna frame both sides with 1"x1" and use paneling for the walls. It's pretty thin, it's flexible, and cheap. Sound like a plan?

Back