1/6 DARK TOYS DTM005 Collectible Figure MAX DX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Full Metal brace from a few years back but the problem again is that the boot connecting part is too narrow to fit many other 1/6 boots. This is why Max as a character can be such a tricky figure to pull off and the mix and match process can have varying degrees of success. In an ideal world it really needs to a complete figure set where all artists involved (be they tailors/sculptors/accessory making artists) are coordinating together on the figure.
That's the plan with SC. They have everything in their team to make a full figure. And they can probably separate it in options I think having the outfit and accessories plus body included should work. I think Waruna can make a Max sculpt that is 100% accurate to Mel at that age.

I'm still available make ole Max's boots, and honestly, they've improved over the years. I don't have this set, though I have been considering picking up loose pieces to use with one of my extra Max heads. I always liked the sculpt/appearance of the cultking boots, as they were nicely detailed, and the DT one's are just recasted from there. At the very least you've got a nice looking pair of boots. I don't have any of these recent releases on hand to examine the leg braces and to see how compatible they are with my current boots.

What you should do is make your boots with a metal leg brace already built into the left boot.

Work on progress on the Premier Toys Max leg brace, took it apart, refit, added some things, nothing painted or finished yet just as fast assembly and fixing to the leg to see how it looks, but think now looks better than how it came out of the box. The new leather knee pad will be a faded/weathered black
20230817_232132.jpg
20230817_232922.jpg
look, not full brown like it is now.

That's the plan with SC. They have everything in their team to make a full figure. And they can probably separate it in options I think having the outfit and accessories plus body included should work. I think Waruna can make a Max sculpt that is 100% accurate to Mel at that age.
Waruna's work has been hugely impressive of late. I did wonder what his version of Max would look like. Well I have a couple of large super high res screen captures of Gibson's front and side profiles from the film if you need them.

Waruna's work has been hugely impressive of late. I did wonder what his version of Max would look like. Well I have a couple of large super high res screen captures of Gibson's front and side profiles from the film if you need them.
Definitely anything in terms of reference would help.

There's plenty of characters in these movies. If they make Doofus, you just don't know...

I have some odd personal favorites that won't get made but I'd love them to... like People Eater.

I truly see Master-Blaster getting made though. With a hefty price for the big guy with little guy on his shoulders.

I want to use one of my Max...probably the Dark Toys one, to do the Beyond the Thunderdome Mad Max, but is quite difficult to find good clear images of him, full body so I can see exactly the clothing layers, in particular the robe like piece and turban he use at the beginning, that is one look I will like to do...or maybe without turban and with the long hair. Seeing the clothing detail is difficult in most photos I have seen/found in the internet...so probably will end doing an "interpretation" of the cloth layers he used.

I want to use one of my Max...probably the Dark Toys one, to do the Beyond the Thunderdome Mad Max, but is quite difficult to find good clear images of him, full body so I can see exactly the clothing layers, in particular the robe like piece and turban he use at the beginning, that is one look I will like to do...or maybe without turban and with the long hair. Seeing the clothing detail is difficult in most photos I have seen/found in the internet...so probably will end doing an "interpretation" of the cloth layers he used.
The black cloth parts of the TD outfit goes over his grey shirt. And is long sleeved. The jacket and pants have stitching repair due to the damage he got at the end of RW. It is the same outfit in Fury Road apart from the shirt and black cloak. But the belts/harness are from Australian military if I remember correctly. The small holster is for a luger p08 or a similar model.
7d61de810f27084e15da4bab8d07deb1.jpg
d7ad7814e660446be9b59d05bd225000.jpg
305a6a86cd197d2f2e4e0342f07af493.jpg
c47f8aea7cdd8aed5470a6d688ae4fdd.jpg
a3780ff2fa3242c8e3faefe89a17eebe.jpg

Interesting enough the look was used as a mix of BTD and FR in the Mad Max video game that came out 2015 for ps4 which I owned and played religiously. So you can get and idea of the belts.
f5113e521f4da524da2db1b85afdac2f.jpg

Last edited:
The black cloth parts of the TD outfit goes over his grey shirt. And is long sleeved. The jacket and pants have stitching repair due to the damage he got at the end of RW. It is the same outfit in Fury Road apart from the shirt and black cloak. But the belts/harness are from Australian military if I remember correctly. The small holster is for a luger p08 or a similar model. View attachment 657144View attachment 657145View attachment 657146View attachment 657147View attachment 657148
Interesting enough the look was used as a mix of BTD and FR in the Mad Max video game that came out 2015 for ps4 which I owned and played religiously. So you can get and idea of the belts. View attachment 657149
Thank you very much for the info greatly appreciated, have several of these photos in my files. I remembered that I did make in leather his two belts and brass round belt buckle with its distinct police dept name, have to find where I store them now!!!😄😄😄😄...and is also one thing less to make!!!😄😄

In Thunderdome he uses a Mauser Bromhandle pistol, among many others, think have a nice old Dragon one to in the spare parts box.

Again thank you for the information and visual reference.

My exact plans. As a matter of fact, just last night I ordered a Dark Toys Max as my foundation for a "Beyond Thunderdome" Max custom figure.

last night I ordered a Dark Toys Max as my foundation for a "Beyond Thunderdome" Max custom figure.

I think its quite possible that Premier will do a Thunderdome variant of Max. I mean, they're doing everyone, so why not keep going.

They must be reading this thread too.

Back