1/6 DARK TOYS DTM005 Collectible Figure MAX DX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a second set of hands to try to modify the hand that holds the shotgun with the finger inside the trigger. Wish me luck :whistle:

We dont know if its is leather (dont think so), pleather or other kind of material but it looks very fragile and as other have stated does not look like it will be last. I have a Geewhiz real leather Max outfit, another from Yunsils pleather is ruined, I will try a new technique using pastels that I recently used in a Macready ruined pleather jacket. (check in my instagram)

Cmon guys, what did you expect? its a direct recast of Cult Kings / Iminime Road Warrior with a few changes and they did not improve much. Changes are:

Smaller heads
Smaller dog (cultking was bigger) this one looks much better but is still big compared to the movie.
Worst paint app on heads and hands
Better body
New shotgun (Cult Kings did not open and was not accurate) I think its a recast of VTS Fury Road Max
We lost one hand to hold the shotgun,with a trigger finger (if I recall correctly it was two fingers with small magnets)
Not sure about the dog food can if it was in Cult Kings, but this one is overscaled.

Last edited:
I will be using the clothing of the "real leather" Max offering (keep forgetting the brand) and will make a new leg brace in metal among other things, will use the head from Dark Toys, probably a repainted battle damage one, the shootgun and dog. The Dark Toys clothing and regular head will use as a starting base for my Mad Max Thunderdome version.
Which one uses real leather? PRESENT TOYS or PREMIER TOYS?

Which one uses real leather? PRESENT TOYS or PREMIER TOYS?
Present Toys supposedly used "real leather".

But if, as you say, an uneven pattern is an indicator of real leather, then whatever Present Toys used can't be genuine leather because it's as even as it gets, see pictures:
IMG_2294.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2295.JPG
    IMG_2295.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 0
That looks like pleather to me.
That's the Present Toys jacket.
I'd also say that it's probably pleather. But it does smell completely different to whatever Premier Toys used on their figure...
I guess only time will tell how it will hold up over the months and years...

Last edited:
Present Toys supposedly used "real leather".

But if, as you say, an uneven pattern is an indicator of real leather, then whatever Present Toys used can't be genuine leather because it's as even as it gets, see pictures:
View attachment 652443
Real leather can be genuine leather aka scrap leather mixed with synthetic materials.

You want real durable leather they gotta be full grain or top grain leather. I talked about it before.

The type of "leather" used in the Premier Toys Max (think that is the brand) is almost the same in texture and feel as the one used in the old Hot Toys DX "real leather outfit" Terminator-2 T-800, to date that figure outfit have hold VERY well to time without any flaking or visual damage. As member POTATO said above there are several ways to make leather products from full grain quality leather to mixed synthetic material leather, and as he said that also play a factor in durability in the long run.

Present Toy leather/pleather is thicker, kinda like T800 mms117.
I had the 3 max in hands and it feels like the safest option on the long run, the other 2 are paper thin.

I got the dark toys just before leaving for Hollidays, the heads look ok size wise what's throwing it off is the tiny neck of the body it comes with.
The body proportions are closer to a normal body than I expected but few details make it not well suited for the HS.
Thin arms and thin calf that make the boots look big.

I was hoping to use the sculpted boots with the present toys legbrace but the lower parts of the dark toys brace are sculpted onto the boots.

I'm at the beach but can't think about anything else but go home and futz with my figures lol

"real leather" like the Present Toys Indy figure - the straps on my Indy jacket were already crumbling when I got it. I'm pretty sure the "real leather" Present Toys used is about 15% real leather, and even that is basically coarse powder.

About the HS if anybody is going to fix with without doing a complete repaint but washes please share your tutorials to tone down the yellow please 🙏
I think I read about watered dark brown washes or red...
I so suck at painting lol

Last edited:
Present Toy leather/pleather is thicker, kinda like T800 mms117.
I had the 3 max in hands and it feels like the safest option on the long run, the other 2 are paper thin.

I got the dark toys just before leaving for Hollidays, the heads look ok size wise what's throwing it off is the tiny neck of the body it comes with.
The body proportions are closer to a normal body than I expected but few details make it not well suited for the HS.
Thin arms and thin calf that make the boots look big.

I was hoping to use the sculpted boots with the present toys legbrace but the lower parts of the dark toys brace are sculpted onto the boots.

I'm at the beach but can't think about anything else but go home and futz with my figures lol
I can top that. I'm in a hospital bed reading your posts at 6am.

"real leather" like the Present Toys Indy figure - the straps on my Indy jacket were already crumbling when I got it. I'm pretty sure the "real leather" Present Toys used is about 15% real leather, and even that is basically coarse powder.
Pretty sure the jacket is real leather

Real leather can be genuine leather aka scrap leather mixed with synthetic materials.

You want real durable leather they gotta be full grain or top grain leather. I talked about it before.
Scrap leather/synthetic mix would make sense. Affordable for companies to make and they can still use the "Real leather" tag as a selling point.

Back