1/6 DARK TOYS DTM005 Collectible Figure MAX DX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my Mix & Match Max. Mostly PREMIER TOYS, some Present Toys, and the Dark Toys head on a new body. Aside from the corpse-like pallor of the head, I think I'm satisfied.
IMG_2708.jpg
IMG_2706.jpg

You better off using kit or giantoys. KG Is bit erratic.

Finally pulled the trigger, I should have it by Monday.
Curious to see if with the proper body the heads will look good

Will be my first attempt at weathering, I've seen the tamiya weathering kits but also people talking about pastels chalk.
Any good tutorial or advices. From those who did theirs.
Wich color to use?
How to apply?
And how make them permanent?

Also read about adding red to the face how one would do that?

Thanks
I do my weathering permanent by using acrylic paints, is a little time consuming and it have to be done in "layers" to get the effect or look desired, with Road Warrior Max you have the leather wear and tear color effect...then the dust effect and weathering of all the straps, weapons, belts and such. Right now I am working on the weathering of the boots of the "real leather" Mad Max offering (don remember the brand) and making a new metal leg brace, will post it in the appropriate area here in the forum soon.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures SilverPointShield!

The dog from the Dark Toys set arrived the other day in the post and I'm quite happy with it. I missed out on the original Cult King dog so this will do nicely for my Max.

Who do you guys think made the best and most accurate leg brace so far?
Premier, Present or Dark Toys?

I'm kinda leaning towards Present Toys...

Last edited:
Monday!? And you just pilled the trigger? Once again, I'm jealous of Paris. I bought this on the 12th and its still out there.
Got it from giantoys, shipped the 17.
It's quite fast, usually it's more like 15days.

These custom look great but man that head is big even on a ttm19 😭
Will see in hand 😑
Hope for another better sized HS largely available 🙏

The two Dark Toys head sculpts arrived over the weekend. I took a quick look and they look significantly better than the Premier sculpt, which will be replaced, along with the original body. I don't want to speak too soon, but I think that I may be very close to finally having a good looking Mel Max in the collection.

Just a quick note- I compared the size of the Dark Toys sculpts to several figures I had nearby and they are not out of scale. They may be a tiny bit bigger than some of the regular Hot Toys but sized up well to some customs. I didn't get the "lollipop syndrome" feeling with them.

Paint apps are reasonable but could definitely be improved, especially the hair, in which only one side showed some grey streaks while the other side didn't. A quick dry-brushing should fix that right up.

MAX arrived and it's not as bad as i had feared. The heads aren't as over scaled as some pics would have you believe. And i may not need to swap out the body as i think it works pretty well and is a good match for Gibson.

The closed eye version is easily the best of the two sculpts. All i'm seeing in the clean version is Billy Ray (achy breaky heart) Cyrus and Sam Worthington😕

The only real eye sores are the paint apps on the heads and hands, the baggy jacket sleeve and the horrible vest.

The outfit itself is very thin pleather, so i'm guessing depending on what climate your living in, it ain't gonna last.

DSC_0262.JPG
DSC_0266.JPG
DSC_0161.JPG
DSC_0166.JPG
DSC_0223.JPG

MAX arrived and it's not as bad as i had feared. The heads aren't as over scaled as some pics would have you believe. And i may not need to swap out the body as i think it works pretty well and is a good match for Gibson.

The closed eye version is easily the best of the two sculpts. All i'm seeing in the clean version is Billy Ray (achy breaky heart) Cyrus and Sam Worthington😕

The only real eye sores are the paint apps on the heads and hands, the baggy jacket sleeve and the horrible vest.

The outfit itself is very thin pleather, so i'm guessing depending on what climate your living in, it ain't gonna last.

View attachment 651757View attachment 651758View attachment 651759View attachment 651760View attachment 651761

Finally some good pictures, thank you. The head looks fine after all that. Reminds me of the InArt Joker head in terms of photos causing problems.

Looks like a great Max to start with. Some weathering will go a long way to making this fit right in with Wez. How is the height?

I'm happy because this is the only Max I ordered... and he's arrived for me.

GREAT!!!

Now I have 4 questions:

1) Are there really only TWO right hands and nothing else?

2) Where do you "hook" the binoculars? I have a little silver ring and a little black "hook" on that ring on the binocs, but where does that little black hook go?

3) Is the left jacket lapel stitched down?

4) Is there any magnet on this figure? The gun butt loop on the holster also feels "stitched" in place.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Back