1/4 Hot Toys QS07 Iron Man 3: Iron Man Mark XLII Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/4 Hot Toys QS Iron Man 3: Mark XLII Collectible Figure

Who the **** is Jessika Pava? :lol

A risky figure for HT to make which I thought is what you wanted. :lol

1a3dc885549678592f2127d8d656d428.jpg

She was also super cute. :love

:lol I like how some people talk about Hot Toys like they're this evil empire or something. I don't think that they snatch up licenses just to spite other manufacturers. They buy licenses that have potential to sell but I think the big problem they have is being so busy with Marvel, Star Wars, and DC. Like it or not those are what make them money and that's where their focus lies. To me it almost seems like they could have different divisions that focus on different things or possibly expand. Obviously I don't know what that would require of them but in ways it feels like they take on more than they can realistically get to.

Evil empire may be pushing it, however the shady crap they do doesn't make them Angels. It doesn't matter if other companies do it, it's still effed up. I understand the whole mentality of "eliminating" the competition...but at least produce something while you're out there locking up licenses right? Could it be a case of biting off more than they can chew? It may very well be...but whose fault is that? If that truly was the case and they couldn't handle it all, rather than do the right thing by fans of certain franchises by leaving it to some other promising start up company take a crack at it, they license hog, therefore leaving said start up company to look elsewhere to make a name for themselves. That's what they're doing.

I remember in an interview with Howard where he explicitly states his frustration of companies being loose with their IPs. It was a long time ago, but he was talking about either marvel (before Disney acquisition) or DC and the way they allowed other companies to make 1/6 scale product. In other words, he was unhappy there was competition.

It's the nature of business. Either undercutting one another, or prevent the other from getting a foot through the door. It happens all the effin time...but it doesn't make it less messed up. It's the norm, the standard...but for the love of Christ, if they're gonna ****-block other companies, at least make something! If they don't intend to, then forfeit and stick to what is working for them! Don't punish the fans because of some stupid **** measuring contest.

As for the fans...Before HT secured the big guns I.e Dc and Marvel, they had aliens and predator (I don't think their first terminator figure was "legal"...but whatever). It was because of those fans were they able to rise in power. Sure they had moderate success with their military line...but cmon, aliens and predator! But now they focus on the new kid on the block, the hot girl that moved in next door...ok who wouldn't right? Anyway...

Aliens, predator, and terminator don't bring in the numbers an Iron man or a Batman do...but those numbers are nothing to scoff at.

Yeah, it was all a huge **** measuring sham with Enterbay. They didn't have any intentions to release those figures. :lol :(

Now Enterbay are off doing endless NBA figures, HT are doing the same stuff over and over again, other companies aren't really progressing. My hopes lie with Blitzway.

I don't like what Hot Toys is doing but the other companies also make poor choices. Years ago World of Warcraft what huge. None of these companies came out with figures for it. They still can today but they are too busy securing licenses for obscure movies. Producing a hight quality Lich King and Illidan would give a company a huge amount of publicity and profits while making Howard cry into his cereal.

I don't like what Hot Toys is doing but the other companies also make poor choices. Years ago World of Warcraft what huge. None of these companies came out with figures for it. They still can today but they are too busy securing licenses for obscure movies. Producing a hight quality Lich King and Illidan would give a company a huge amount of publicity and profits while making Howard cry into his cereal.

So is hot toys announcing any more figures in the near future!? 1/4 war machine would be perfect. If not I don't know if I can pass this up to out next to 43.

So is hot toys announcing any more figures in the near future!? 1/4 war machine would be perfect. If not I don't know if I can pass this up to out next to 43.

If what you want is Iron Man, you are set.

I would say if any MCU figure has a chance next to Iron Man, it's War Machine....

Well War Machine is basically Iron Man built like a tank with a different actor head, so given the similarities it would almost seem bizarre if we don't see one IF the QS line really starts pushing out more IM figures.. 3 in a row now, with the safe money being on Mark 46 next.

So far Batman is the only 'humanised' character figure in the QS line. Cap would seem the most likely and popular should more actually happen? I'd love a Loki... the villains just don't get enough love from Hot Toys. Even Loki is still missing in the sixth scale from his debut appearance. We needed Thor 1 and Avengers, not Avengers and The Dark World...

As for the fans...Before HT secured the big guns I.e Dc and Marvel, they had aliens and predator (I don't think their first terminator figure was "legal"...but whatever). It was because of those fans were they able to rise in power. Sure they had moderate success with their military line...but cmon, aliens and predator! But now they focus on the new kid on the block, the hot girl that moved in next door...ok who wouldn't right? Anyway...

Aliens, predator, and terminator don't bring in the numbers an Iron man or a Batman do...but those numbers are nothing to scoff at.

It was actually - MMS01 and 02 had legitimate licensing and packaging with logos etc. Just no likeness rights.

Well War Machine is basically Iron Man built like a tank with a different actor head, so given the similarities it would almost seem bizarre if we don't see one IF the QS line really starts pushing out more IM figures.. 3 in a row now, with the safe money being on Mark 46 next.

So far Batman is the only 'humanised' character figure in the QS line. Cap would seem the most likely and popular should more actually happen? I'd love a Loki... the villains just don't get enough love from Hot Toys. Even Loki is still missing in the sixth scale from his debut appearance. We needed Thor 1 and Avengers, not Avengers and The Dark World...

What 3?

QS005 Mark 43, QS006 Mark 45, QS007 Mark 42

Id be very surprised if we dont get MK's I-VII in 1/4 scale at some point. Id be down for 2,3,4,7 and maybe 6.

Id be very surprised if we dont get MK's I-VII in 1/4 scale at some point. Id be down for 2,3,4,7 and maybe 6.

I sold all my iron man for the die-cast mark 3. i would definitely go for 1/4 mark 3 as the definitive iron man.

Glad someone else is saying it! I would probably drop the Mark 4 because to me it looks too similar to the 3, but I would also love that lineup.

Ah that explains it. Only reason why I thought it wasn't legit was due to no Arnold likeness.

It certainly explains the pizza face. :lol

I don't believe HT got likeness rights until MMS19 Rocky - that's the first figure that I can find specs for that list an authentic portrait with the actor's name.

I think HT going back to classic films from the 70's, 80's and early 90's is going to become less and less likely in the years ahead. There's just so many comic book films and other sci fi movies coming out every year that they have well and truly enough work to keep them busy. Reality is they've already made figures from the Terminator films. They've done plenty of predators, Ripley and Aliens are being redone. We have had Marty and the DeLorean, 89 Batman and Joker and even Batman Returns. Then there's the RoboCop figures and the OT Star Wars.
There's certainly a few characters out of those franchises that they could do (Catwoman, Doc) or re do (Kyle Reese), but they aren't going to go that deep into some of those lines, particularly if they haven't sold well.

Imo ThreeZero is the company that buys up licences and doesn't give them the attention they deserve. Only 2 Zombie pets released from TWD in what 4 years? Now that is taking the p!ss

Quarter Scale Mark 42 or 45 ? Cant decide

Well ask yourself what you prefer more? Aesthetics? Accessories? The 42 was a major part of IM3, whereas the 45 is just another armor used only in the finale. The 42 has a unique color scheme while the 45 has the standard color scheme. So you need to decide which one looks better and or which one provides more for you to pose it with.

Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of the 42 look. But the figure does come with a lot cool **** to give the collector plenty of display options. I really loved the look of the 45 and have 2 of the 1/4 POed. But can admit his onscreen time was severely limited. And the figure doesn't come with much when compared to the 42.

The choice is yours man.

Quarter Scale Mark 42 or 45 ? Cant decide

I know it's not one of your options, but I'd say Mk43. Classic red and gold like the 45, but exactly the same suit as the 42 if you're more into that design. What sets it over the edge is the head sculpt.

Sorry I can't give a direct answer as neither of them appeal to me in the 1/4 scale. To me, unless you have money to just be spending on 1/4 scales, I just want one that has all the bells and whistles. It has to be my absolute favorite armor (which is none of the 1/4 that are coming out) and have an amazing full head sculpt, no compromises.

Back