1/4 Hot Toys QS07 Iron Man 3: Iron Man Mark XLII Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/4 Hot Toys QS Iron Man 3: Mark XLII Collectible Figure

orlz54r.jpg

Problem solved.

Dude...that's either comedy gold...

Or you opened Pandora's box.

Predators are popular in Asia. Don't give HT anymore ideas man.

That's Business 101 :lol

And look what happens when they eliminate competition. They rest on their laurels and produce the same old crap. They're complacent and that's never good for business long run.

And look what happens when they eliminate competition. They rest on their laurels and produce the same old crap. They're complacent and that's never good for business long run.

I've bee singing the same tune for a long time. They snatch up as many licenses as they can to, as you so eloquently put it, eliminate their competition. They're too comfortable now and won't take risks.

The most admirable risk they took recently is the daredevil license.

That's it. I'm glad...but...yeah, that's it.

Yeah, it was all a huge **** measuring sham with Enterbay. They didn't have any intentions to release those figures. :lol :(

Now Enterbay are off doing endless NBA figures, HT are doing the same stuff over and over again, other companies aren't really progressing. My hopes lie with Blitzway.

The most admirable risk they took recently is the daredevil license.

That's it. I'm glad...but...yeah, that's it.

The Netflix show deal was a nice surprise, yeah, but let's remember all those other announcements they've had in the past and see if they actually follow through with this one. :lol

Might not have time between Iron Man, Spider-Man, Infinity Wars and all the Star Wars crap that's going to be out on a yearly basis for the next 5 years. Daredevil and Punisher could get nixxed since they're so risk averse now. Or hell, they make the dopey looking Daredevil that no one wants, then say "sorry, the line was successful, we're going to stop at 1-2 figures because these don't sell well". :lol

Last edited:

Tuning, uh, finds a way...

eR7gozy.jpg

Well...there it is... ;)

Yeah, it was all a huge **** measuring sham with Enterbay. They didn't have any intentions to release those figures. :lol :(

Now Enterbay are off doing endless NBA figures, HT are doing the same stuff over and over again, other companies aren't really progressing. My hopes lie with Blitzway.

Yeah they're coming out with some nice stuff.

The Netflix show deal was a nice surprise, yeah, but let's remember all those other announcements they've had in the past and see if they actually follow through with this one. :lol

Might not have time between Iron Man, Spider-Man, Infinity War and all the Star Wars crap that's going to be out on a yearly basis. Fingers crossed on Daredevil and Punisher.

Well of course they're gonna go through with it. DD and punisher are marvel...and what else is marvel? IRON MAN. Soooo, by association, they will get made!

After 1/4 iron man MK47,48,49...

Yay.

Yeah, I remember Enterbay planning to release a 1:4 Endoskeleton back then. Showing all those proto pics and then just disappeared. I think HT got the license, blocked it (or EB was just too slow) and gobbled up some more 1:4 licenses (Predator, etc) so competition ends up getting nothing.

Yeah, I remember Enterbay planning to release a 1:4 Endoskeleton back then. Showing all those proto pics and then just disappeared. I think HT got the license, blocked it (or EB was just too slow) and gobbled up some more 1:4 licenses (Predator, etc) so competition ends up getting nothing.

I really don't like that about Hot Toys, the way they seem to buy licenses just to sit on them out of spite. Speaking of HT and vapourware, remember they said they were doing an MGSV line?

I really don't like that about Hot Toys, the way they seem to buy licenses just to sit on them out of spite. Speaking of HT and vapourware, remember they said they were doing an MGSV line?

When they get to it, the effort they'll put into it will match those of MGS3 snake, boss, RE6 Leon and Ada...

Which means not much effort.

When they get to it, the effort they'll put into it will match those of MGS3 snake, boss, RE6 Leon and Ada...

Which means not much effort.

sadly, I agree with you. I like MGS but I don't buy MGS 3 figures because of the final product.
I still have my raiden, the sculpt is good but the engineering is dissapointing.. now I can only do museum pose with him.

then again, I love iron man and will still buy them. I'm just hoping hot toys will deliver their coming soon figures without taking this long if they ever come out..

:lol I like how some people talk about Hot Toys like they're this evil empire or something. I don't think that they snatch up licenses just to spite other manufacturers. They buy licenses that have potential to sell but I think the big problem they have is being so busy with Marvel, Star Wars, and DC. Like it or not those are what make them money and that's where their focus lies. To me it almost seems like they could have different divisions that focus on different things or possibly expand. Obviously I don't know what that would require of them but in ways it feels like they take on more than they can realistically get to.

Even if they did just buy a license to sit on it, that wouldn't do much good. As there are provisions in license deals that require figures to be released or they lose the deal. And they don't get a refund. So it would be a complete waste of money.

There are many many reasons why they may have aquired a license and nothing has been released. From the partner company not approving the designs or requesting they hold off (Warner brothers is pretty well known for this across all types of merchandise) to delayed approvals (fox does this a lot) to not being able to create the visual or not being able to do it with in a manageable cost risk (green lantern). They may have been required to bid on multiple scales to get the license and found that sales of one scale make producing the other scale to risky at that time, when they have very limited data on how it will sell. Doesn't mean they won't eventually make it, just means they have not yet found the right time for them...and since it's their jobs and their lives and their money on the line, and they have the most information it's hard to argue anyone knows more.

I'd definitely like to see HT branch out and take more risks. Like in addition to figures like Kylo Ren and a bunch of Stormtroopers release Admiral Ackbar, Nien Nunb, Jessika Pava, etc.

I'd definitely like to see HT branch out and take more risks. Like in addition to figures like Kylo Ren and a bunch of Stormtroopers release Admiral Ackbar, Nien Nunb, Jessika Pava, etc.

I'm sure they will eventually happen. Stay tuned?

I'm sure they will eventually happen. Stay tuned?

Oh I don't think that Disney's release schedule will even allow HT to go very deep into any given Star Wars film. They did a great job with TFA heavy hitters but we still haven't seen Luke, Leia, Poe, or final Rey and now they need to gear up for Rogue One. And then Episode VIII, Han Solo movie, etc., all while trying to squeeze in the occasional OT figure. I'm not complaining, this era of "two many awesome SW films" is totally thrilling and surreal but I know full well that unless SSC picks up side characters like Ackbar we won't be seeing any figures of them.

Who the **** is Jessika Pava? :lol

Back