1/4 Hot Toys QS07 Iron Man 3: Iron Man Mark XLII Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/4 Hot Toys QS Iron Man 3: Mark XLII Collectible Figure

This might be the first 1/4 scale fig I buy. That shiny armor and base are calling to me.

I think I'll actually be content with the flat base for this one.... Less space ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish this came with a 1/4 Base of the Hall of Armor floor as seen in the start of the movie. Least the center part. May have to get a custom made.

wait for the 1/4 hearthbreaker to get a hoa base, according to hot toys this is the "first" 1/4 iron man 3 suit...

wait for the 1/4 hearthbreaker to get a hoa base, according to hot toys this is the "first" 1/4 iron man 3 suit...

By "first" they could be teasing a 1/4 scale Iron Patriot, and only Iron Patriot. At least I hope so. I don't want to see 1/4 scale of HPP suits, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we saw a 1/4 scale version of some of the more popular ones, like Heartbreaker, Silver Centurion, or Shotgun. (Please don't do that to me, HT. :lol)

I wouldn't be expecting a lot of hpp suits anytime soon. I'm sure some may get made but it may take ten years
And if they do iron patriot then they will do war machine and hot rod.

By "first" they could be teasing a 1/4 scale Iron Patriot, and only Iron Patriot. At least I hope so. I don't want to see 1/4 scale of HPP suits, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we saw a 1/4 scale version of some of the more popular ones, like Heartbreaker, Silver Centurion, or Shotgun. (Please don't do that to me, HT. :lol)

Well none of those were particularly good sellers in 1/6, neither was Patriot for that matter. I can see them maybe doing Iron Patriot as they can repaint and resell it as WM2 and Hot Rod and deflate the R&D costs a bit, but in reality most of the HPP that wasn't ultra limited sat on shelves for a long time as it was. Doubling the price won't make them more attractive to all those people that never had the want or space for them in the first place. I think the original 7 are a safer bet, at least to start out and expand the 1/4 line. Who wouldn't want a gorgeous 1/4 Mark 7?

Looks awesome. I was worried that they were going to just give us the figure without any bells and whistles. The Battle Damage sculpting is impressive and at least they did something different with the deluxe base. Haven't seen them do them do the BD this sharp and detailed since the original Mark 6.

13576815_10153618547407344_4777884921788537667_o.jpg

13585042_10153618547137344_6051066619807368829_o.jpg

Well none of those were particularly good sellers in 1/6, neither was Patriot for that matter. I can see them maybe doing Iron Patriot as they can repaint and resell it as WM2 and Hot Rod and deflate the R&D costs a bit, but in reality most of the HPP that wasn't ultra limited sat on shelves for a long time as it was. Doubling the price won't make them more attractive to all those people that never had the want or space for them in the first place. I think the original 7 are a safer bet, at least to start out and expand the 1/4 line. Who wouldn't want a gorgeous 1/4 Mark 7?

Yeah, good point. I still think it's strange that SC or HB didn't sell well, but anyway...if there really is any chance of another IM3 suit, I'd think Iron Patriot would be the next in line.

I know I'd want a 1/4 Mark 7, with a 1/4 Mark 6 to go with it. :D (I wonder if the Mark 7 could pass as an IM3 figure, since he had a scene with it in the movie?)

Looks awesome. I was worried that they were going to just give us the figure without any bells and whistles. The Battle Damage sculpting is impressive and at least they did something different with the deluxe base. Haven't seen them do them do the BD this sharp and detailed since the original Mark 6.

13576815_10153618547407344_4777884921788537667_o.jpg

13585042_10153618547137344_6051066619807368829_o.jpg

Agreed. The Bd is well done

This thing is beautiful. I love the deluxe version base. If I could sell my 1/6 Mk42, I'd be victim to purchase this one... :lol :thud:

$545 regular, $575 deluxe

Great looking weathering, this will be a grail piece for me :drool

Kinda surprised its Jan 2017 - Mar 2017 release, figured it be about ready by now. I'll never use that base (actually right now I can't, the 1/4 Mk43 only fits flatfooted on my current shelf), but I may still get the deluxe, not sure through for $30 more. Guess I have some time to decide!

Can see this releasing early but I'm not entirely surprised by the release date given the new things included. That cover photo on Sideshow looks awesome too.

marvel-iron-man-mark-xlii-deluxe-version-quarter-scale-hot-toys-feature-902767.jpg

Not a bad price. Threw a bunch of points at it and got it for the price of a 1/6 figure. Turn up! Lol

Like this better than 43- it is really a stunning suit.

Preordered. It'll be my first 1/4 but the thing is a beauty so I had to have it. I'm glad it's released next year so I can catch up on some figures. Hopefully we get an Iron Patriot to give it a partner.

And BAM! Awesome job Hot Toys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back