1/4 Hot Toys QS07 Iron Man 3: Iron Man Mark XLII Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 1/4 Mark XLII Iron Man Collectible Figure

So conflicted, I had hoped this would come out later ha I really want the 43 ... but now I want this too. agh

Yea, I saw this coming I gonna stay away from the HT 1/4 IM line I though 43 was cool but no way to keep up with a bunch of 1/4 at over $500 a pop then again looking at prices of figures nowadays might as well go bigger and better.

And there he is.. We all knew he was going to join the party. I'm sure that stand is just for demo purposes but that's exactly the extra stand that should be included with the other figures. I wouldn't mind them keeping him bare bones with no Stark sculpt and no intricate base if that means that he can land around $380!

My 1/4 scale dream is Mk3, Mk6, Mk7, Mk42, and Mk43- my keystone armors. I don't like that I'm seeing design wise going forward, so I think I can plan on just having those and my 1/6 HPP.

I can definitely see HT producing the main hero armors in 1/4 with prices hitting $600 to $700, maybe even more. :horror I feel both good and bad for all of you who collect this scale. :lol

I collect this scale but I have a built it self check. I have enough room for exactly 12 figures and I'm not expanding that so if I really really want something that means something else has to go. It's survival of the fittest in my display lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can definitely see HT producing the main hero armors in 1/4 with prices hitting $600 to $700, maybe even more. :horror I feel both good and bad for all of you who collect this scale. :lol

Appreciated!:hi5: yes 1/4 going to get very expensive

Actually hoping for 1/4 Bats, Supes and WW......:yess:

I really like the mk 42 so I may buy just this one if the base is good and it comes with battle damaged parts. It'll be my one and only 1/4 scale(unless they make a MK1).

Haha.. No one ever buys just one 1/4 scale figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1/4 Hot Toys QS Iron Man 3: Mark XLII Collectible Figure

23451624139_395a65662c_b.jpg

23192764963_ccdea02198_b.jpg

23192764803_c0990c7c5a_b.jpg

I can't help be feel a little frustrated when I see these new quarter scales. I really really like them - the proportions look fantastic! But I've already got a nice 1/6 collection going (with several on PO) and just can't justify dropping more money to start adding quarter scales. I wish the 1/6 scales were a little closer to these in terms of proportions and exactness. Either way, I love the collection I've got and cheers to those who hop on this - good looking figure!

I sold all my non HPP 1/6 in preparation, these are the future :lol

the gold color scheme seems to look better on the 42/43 design than red

It's amazing what proper proportions and paint does to a figure. Was never a fan of the 1/6 version but damn is the 1/4 version tempting.

the gold color scheme seems to look better on the 42/43 design than red

I hate the 43 colour splits, especially on the thighs. It's like they were thinking that where ever there's a panel line, they have to have a different coloured panel...can't be having two pieces the same colour next to each other. The only pointless bit on the 42 to me are the gold index fingers and thumbs. I'm glad the 45 and 46 have taken it back to primarily red with small gold accents.

I hate the 43 colour splits, especially on the thighs. It's like they were thinking that where ever there's a panel line, they have to have a different coloured panel...can't be having two pieces the same colour next to each other. The only pointless bit on the 42 to me are the gold index fingers and thumbs. I'm glad the 45 and 46 have taken it back to primarily red with small gold accents.

I'm not sure I follow this. The 43 looks silly becuase the colors change to often...but the 42,doesn't have that? That's what you are saying correct?

Well if so that's odd, becuase they are just swapped. Where the 42 is red the 43 is gold. Where the 42 is gold the 43 is red. You may like the predominantly gold 42(or vise versa on the 43) but saying one is to busy and the other is not is pretty inaccurate. It's the same patterns. Just different colors.

Back