1/4 Hot Toys QS07 Iron Man 3: Iron Man Mark XLII Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/4 Hot Toys QS Iron Man 3: Mark XLII Collectible Figure

Kinda wish it had a Pepper helmeted head as well

I agree, that pose really sells it. I don't even remembering the Mark XLII looking that good on film :)

I like the deluxe base. Prefer the 43 but it's cool nonetheless. Too much gold.

Well, I'm ****ed. I need to cancel my 46 right now lol(only collect one figure to represent a character). Always loved my 42 but had to sold it to buy the 46 (also a mark 7 stealth suit. Yeah, I know I had two IM in my collection, my only exception lol), now I fell in love completely for this. Guess it will be my one and only. Deluxe and everything lol. I think I'm sick... This hobby is killing me. Everyday a new decision to make, God dammit.

Im tempted to sell my unopened exclusive mark 43. I cant determime if the gold looks good only because of the shopped pics or hot toys did the gold properly. I never liked mark 42 until these pics lol...

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I like the weathering on this one. Makes me wish the 1/6th version had a bit more or that we could get a fully battle damaged version.

Wow, that looks beautiful.. :clap ... Rep to the people who decide to have all 3 quarter scale Iron Man figures together... They are really going to complement each other well in a collection. To me it's a no-brainer. 43 with the head sculpt, 42 with visor up and bruised face, and 45 with the helmet on..

Wow, that looks beautiful.. :clap ... Rep to the people who decide to have all 3 quarter scale Iron Man figures together... They are really going to complement each other well in a collection. To me it's a no-brainer. 43 with the head sculpt, 42 with visor up and bruised face, and 45 with the helmet on..

Looks like I'll have some rep coming my way next winter, because I'll definitely have all three of them. :lol

I'm considering that route as well, but I kind of want to wait and see what the future of the QS line is looking like. My ideal lineup would be Mark 3, 6, 7, 42, 45, final MCU armour. Of course, that's a lot of money and space, and I'd have to consider selling my Mark 43 :(

Don't get me wrong; I prefer the 43 right now because I like the colours better, but if HT releases other red 1/4-scale suits, I would prefer the 42 to break up the sea of reds.

Really? They included a flat base with multiple options, full battle damage, a stark helmeted sculpt and people are still complaining it doesn't have enough?

I'm not surprised really. As I said before, its NEVER enough. T

Well, I'm ****ed. I need to cancel my 46 right now lol(only collect one figure to represent a character). Always loved my 42 but had to sold it to buy the 46 (also a mark 7 stealth suit. Yeah, I know I had two IM in my collection, my only exception lol), now I fell in love completely for this. Guess it will be my one and only. Deluxe and everything lol. I think I'm sick... This hobby is killing me. Everyday a new decision to make, God dammit.
Dang, yeah it's tough. It seems you like variety in your collection. Maybe make an exception for 1 quarter scale representation & 1 1/6 scale for IM?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Dang, yeah it's tough. It seems you like variety in your collection. Maybe make an exception for 1 quarter scale representation & 1 1/6 scale for IM?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I think I've OCD cuz this kind of thought just doesnt work for me lol. I've some statues also and if I have a statue of one character (even a comic version), I'll not buy a figure of it lol. The bad thing about collecting like this is because I need to think alot before POing and this is an addictive hobby lol.

I actually think it would be a little weird having the Pepper head.. I mean, are they selling us a statue priced Iron Man or Pepper Potts? I appreciate the coolness factor in being able to get third party heads, and then finally the official Pepper head coming with the Mark IX bundle, for the sixth scales.... but I dunno, if I'm paying $1000NZ for this figure, I'm not dressing it up as Pepper Potts. A character which the MCU has now dropped anyway.

Maybe chuck it in with an EX. I guess that would be pretty good. A bit like the bonus Ultron soldier head with the Mark 45... We still don't know what the secret accesory is for the 45 EX either. Maybe that is a a Pepper head... :lol

Really? They included a flat base with multiple options, full battle damage, a stark helmeted sculpt and people are still complaining it doesn't have enough?

I'm not surprised really. As I said before, its NEVER enough. T
Oh brother. The guy is just saying it would have been neat to have.

I think Play Imaginative made a 1/4 Mark 42 with a Pepper head sculpt. Did this ever release?

maxresdefault.jpg

Good to see that Facebook has all it's usual anti-Iron Man material as usual.. These guys need to get some more material. Or maybe if they used more than just Facebook for information they'd have known for the last six months like the rest of us that this figure is coming..

I don't collect 1/4 scale, but this figure looks amazing. It's everything I wish the 1/6 scale figure were. Besides, they finally made that battle damaged Mark XLII figure! (we all just assumed it'd be 1/6 scale :lol)

With all the extras and improvements upon the Mark XLIII, I expected it to cost more, so it's a small surprise that it's the same price. I'll have to see if this fits in my collection (if HT makes a 1/4 Mark III or VII that looks this good, I'm done for), but this is very tempting.

I think Play Imaginative made a 1/4 Mark 42 with a Pepper head sculpt. Did this ever release?

maxresdefault.jpg

The 42 from PI/CMC just released two weeks ago. Three years after they put it up for PO. And they require full payment in advance, btw. And no, it did not include the head. Or much of anything really. No pepper head. I'm sure there will be one on the secondary market.

This is what it came with...

image.jpeg

But it doesn't matter what any of these companies include. Someone (usually more then one) will complain they didn't include something. Every time. Then you have people who have no interest in a figure who seem to think anyone cares if they share how much they don't have interest in it, like with a "lazy" or "boring" or "yawn". Like dropping into a thread and typing "yawn" is super exciting. Seems more lazy to me. And petty. And trolling. And pointless.

Last edited:

Good to see that Facebook has all it's usual anti-Iron Man material as usual.. These guys need to get some more material. Or maybe if they used more than just Facebook for information they'd have known for the last six months like the rest of us that this figure is coming..

I love the complaint about iron man these days. When storm troopers are 4 behind total iron man figures in under two years. They are making them at a 10:1 clip. If they started making storm troopers back when they started iron man by this point there would be 220 storm troopers. Where there are 50ish iron man. There are nearly as many Star Wars figures as marvel. There are more Star Wars figures in 18 months then DC figures in 15 years. Also, there are 400 not iron man figures to less then 50 stark/iron man figures if you include sneaky and 46 and this. So it's not like they make more iron man then everything else. That's a 4 figures for every stark iron man type figure (including iron legion and war machine and iron monger and whiplash). Even though iron man is the best seller. And it's not like there's some law that says you gotta buy it. Hating on someone else's wants is petty and stupid.

Back