1/4 Hot Toys QS07 Iron Man 3: Iron Man Mark XLII Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/4 Hot Toys QS Iron Man 3: Mark XLII Collectible Figure

I know the previous Downey sculpt was incredible but I'm so used to it. I'd like a new one for this. Wah.

I'm not sure I follow this. The 43 looks silly becuase the colors change to often...but the 42,doesn't have that? That's what you are saying correct?

Well if so that's odd, becuase they are just swapped. Where the 42 is red the 43 is gold. Where the 42 is gold the 43 is red. You may like the predominantly gold 42(or vise versa on the 43) but saying one is to busy and the other is not is pretty inaccurate. It's the same patterns. Just different colors.

It's swapped for the majority but the breakup is different on the thighs and makes it look overly busy. Add to the fact that there's no real flow running down the legs (the panel lines are nearly all perpendicular to the leg) and the whole thing becomes messy. Each to their own I guess.

More shots from Toy Soul today

23550628860_f8921b8154_b_d.jpg

23550817640_005ecff7a0_b_d.jpg

Mark 42 looks so depressed lol.

This forum has such an aversion towards anything that's remotely "busy" looking. Just make everything one color already

I have a sneaking suspicion this will come with a second helmet with a Stark headsculpt inside it, probably to encourage people to buy all of these.

- if you want an unhelmeted head for the Mark 45, you need the Mark 43
- if you want a helmeted unmasked head for the Mark 43, you need the Mark 42

The back...hadn't seen it yet. And I think it's the 42. But could be the 43. Hard to keep it straight..image.jpeg

Any word on when this is expected to be up for PO?

Any word on when this is expected to be up for PO?

Nah, we just have to wait, along with New Avenger Scarlet Witch and a couple of the remaining teased Civil War figures..

I can't help be feel a little frustrated when I see these new quarter scales. I really really like them - the proportions look fantastic! But I've already got a nice 1/6 collection going (with several on PO) and just can't justify dropping more money to start adding quarter scales. I wish the 1/6 scales were a little closer to these in terms of proportions and exactness. Either way, I love the collection I've got and cheers to those who hop on this - good looking figure!

I was like you until I broke down and got my 1st 1/4 scale, and in hand they are just awesome, and at least in my opinion justify sacrificing 2 1/6 scale figures for just one of these.
I also have the 1/4 Mark 45 on preorder.
Again though, just my opinion, as I do still love my 1/6 collection.

I have the 1/4 mk 43 and the 45 on po but will probably skip this.

I was like you until I broke down and got my 1st 1/4 scale, and in hand they are just awesome, and at least in my opinion justify sacrificing 2 1/6 scale figures for just one of these.
I also have the 1/4 Mark 45 on preorder.
Again though, just my opinion, as I do still love my 1/6 collection.

I ended up ordering the 1/4 Mark 43 and I can't get over how awesome it is. They did an incredible job. Fortunately, like you, I also still love my 1/6ths and haven't had any urge to sell them (at least not yet). I'm holding off on the 1/4 Mark 45 for now and and it's up for debate as to whether or not I'll cave on the 42 when it comes out (I'm one of the few that actually really like the design of that gold armor). That said, it's practically the same thing as the 43 so I may pass - we'll see. Hopefully we'll start seeing more quarter scale armors come out!

Is this legit? If it is it, completely SMOKES the 1/4 Mark 43!!!

It's a custom repaint, of the figure you say it smokes.

Well Hot Toys should take notes on this one! I've always thought the mk42 paint scheme looked better with this armor design, even more so with the awesome custom job!

Back