1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for tip. Over the top :hi5:

giphy.gif

Amazing! I never doubted how great of an add this would be but seeing it more and more obviously makes us buying it so stoked. That head sculpt is by far the best RDJ sculpt and definately on par with the RoBo and 1/4 scale Bale Batman releases for excellent accuracy.
I also always display with the helmets, but always display the various busts, faceplates and cool accessories along side or around the figure.
That face alone will attract a lot of attention. Who doesn't love some RDJ?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The figure is so epic I no longer collect 1/6th Iron Mans with the exception of "exclusive" editions. Since I expect HT to release a 1/4th for other IM armors.

Just too much epic-ness to this.

This is just my own view, but for "mechas/robots" the bigger the better - small ones look like a toy. For "humanoids" 1/6th is as far as I go given I feel if you make it bigger the less realistic it looks given our ability to poorly sculpt a human as opposed to armor. Despite the great job HT etc does on human sculpts, it can never be perfect. IM's at 1/6th look ok to me, but still feels and looks like a toy. Armor/metal/robots just looks great at bigger scales because they scale so much better.

Just my view, please don't flame.

That head sculpt is just too good. It would be a shame to pose this figure without the Tony head sculpt. I have his 1/4 running buddy from Play Imaginative EX with full head sculpt coming in tomorrow. I will pose this and Rhody both holding their lids together. Should make for an awesome display if the scale is in line.

I saw it in person at the sdcc and this things was amazing. Doesn't matter how many pictures I look at it, they just don't look as good as this is in real life. I kept coming back to the Sideshow stand just to look at it.

The figure is so epic I no longer collect 1/6th Iron Mans with the exception of "exclusive" editions. Since I expect HT to release a 1/4th for other IM armors.

Just too much epic-ness to this.

This is just my own view, but for "mechas/robots" the bigger the better - small ones look like a toy. For "humanoids" 1/6th is as far as I go given I feel if you make it bigger the less realistic it looks given our ability to poorly sculpt a human as opposed to armor. Despite the great job HT etc does on human sculpts, it can never be perfect. IM's at 1/6th look ok to me, but still feels and looks like a toy. Armor/metal/robots just looks great at bigger scales because they scale so much better.

Just my view, please don't flame.

No doubt about it... if you want a mini RDJ in an IM suit, this looks like the one to get...

I'm not holding my breath that we will see a lot of Quarter Scale figs let alone IM quarter scale though... This one is no.5 of this lineup (including Baby Groot).

People are also holding onto the hope that the entire (or main suits at least) in the IM catalogue will get D/C rerelease too, but only one has been announced so far..

Problem with 1/4 is that 1/6 is just the "same thing" but half the size and half the price which just appeals to more people. That on top of 1/6th line already being so established that there isn't much room for 1/4. I think we will see more 1/4 but not at a high rate.

Problem with 1/4 is that 1/6 is just the "same thing" but half the size and half the price which just appeals to more people. That on top of 1/6th line already being so established that there isn't much room for 1/4. I think we will see more 1/4 but not at a high rate.

I think that's perfect. I like the 1/4 releases but I'd only but them the odd time :D

Damn those pics/video have me salivating for this piece. :drool

That head sculpt is so impressive. I know that the head sculpt will most likely stay consistent with the production piece.

But I just hope the final paint app stays as impressive. Simply beautiful.

Starting to regret going with the 1/6 43 ... This thing is gorgeous. Maybe I willsell the 1/6 version to go with this...and get the 45 to put I my Avengers detolf instead ha

:idea ... A 10 year relationship isn't that important right?.... You can always get another one of those right?.... I mean, having a 1:4 scale QS005 Iron Man Mk 43.. you only get one chance at that right?..

:mwaha :naughty

Back