1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:idea ... A 10 year relationship isn't that important right?.... You can always get another one of those right?.... I mean, having a 1:4 scale QS005 Iron Man Mk 43.. you only get one chance at that right?..

:mwaha :naughty

80545-Jack-Nicholson-nodding-gif-Img-P7l1.gif

Problem with 1/4 is that 1/6 is just the "same thing" but half the size and half the price which just appeals to more people. That on top of 1/6th line already being so established that there isn't much room for 1/4. I think we will see more 1/4 but not at a high rate.

Bro.

Compare the 1/6 and the 1/4 Mark XLIII and it's practically night and day. The paint apps and proportions are vastly superior on the 1/4, and articulation seems to be better as well. The 1/6 is a damn nice figure but the 1/4 scale is on a different league.

1/4 is truth.

Bro.

Compare the 1/6 and the 1/4 Mark XLIII and it's practically night and day. The paint apps and proportions are vastly superior on the 1/4, and articulation seems to be better as well. The 1/6 is a damn nice figure but the 1/4 scale is on a different league.

1/4 is truth.

This is true. But to caveat, still need a quality product in the 1/4 scale. Just got the PI 1/4 War Machine and it makes the 12" Iron men look like kid toys :lol There are some killer quarter scale pieces out there now, and we should get another stellar one with this MK43.

Of course. I meant HT in my post but yes I agree. That PA war machine looks sharp...do you have any other 1/4 iron man statues? I'd love to see how it scales next to others.

So does sideshow offer any mulligans? Let's say I have a change of heart and decide I want the 1/4 scale 43 instead of the 1/6 but I have payment left on the latter ... anybody have any experience with them being flexible in putting payments made toward another figure sans cancellation fees?

unfortunately no I don't, not a fan of Statues. I like dynamic pieces. But I ripped out the tape measure to see the height. He is just over 18" about 18.25 if he was stood up like a stick. I think it should scale well with HT Mark 43 considering they typically have undersized the QS figures. I have Bats and the Endo and War Machine is in line with them.

So does sideshow offer any mulligans? Let's say I have a change of heart and decide I want the 1/4 scale 43 instead of the 1/6 but I have payment left on the latter ... anybody have any experience with them being flexible in putting payments made toward another figure sans cancellation fees?

You get 1 my friend. Just like a mulligan and after that you loose your dough.

This is true. But to caveat, still need a quality product in the 1/4 scale. Just got the PI 1/4 War Machine and it makes the 12" Iron men look like kid toys :lol There are some killer quarter scale pieces out there now, and we should get another stellar one with this MK43.

It's like somebody stood Frodo next to Aragorn... :aragorn :ring :frodo

Yup, pricey as it's made up of 80% diecast, if I'm not mistaken. I can;t imagine how heavy that thing would be.

As for QS005 -- this figure would definitely crush other IM figures in 1/6 and 1/4 scale, even if it's representing a newer suit. I can only wish that HT becomes kind enough to throw in an extra head -- a third one which is a helmeted version of that same brilliant RDJ sculpt, with removable faceplate. That would make every collector happy, I suppose, giving us more options for display. While QS001's Bale sculpt is thier best Bale sculpt I don't feel less not having displayed it ever. But this RDJ sculpt -- it would be a shame if it stays in the box, or just displayed like a decapitated head next to the base. It's that good, IMO. If I had more money than responsibilities I'd get 2 just to have both helmeted and unmasked head displayed.

Yup, pricey as it's made up of 80% diecast, if I'm not mistaken. I can;t imagine how heavy that thing would be.

As for QS005 -- this figure would definitely crush other IM figures in 1/6 and 1/4 scale, even if it's representing a newer suit. I can only wish that HT becomes kind enough to throw in an extra head -- a third one which is a helmeted version of that same brilliant RDJ sculpt, with removable faceplate. That would make every collector happy, I suppose, giving us more options for display. While QS001's Bale sculpt is thier best Bale sculpt I don't feel less not having displayed it ever. But this RDJ sculpt -- it would be a shame if it stays in the box, or just displayed like a decapitated head next to the base. It's that good, IMO. If I had more money than responsibilities I'd get 2 just to have both helmeted and unmasked head displayed.

Yes you are correct at 80%. The Head (face plates are die-cast), neck hands, upper arms, shoulder canon, pop out guns and ball joints are all plastic. Pretty much the rest of the figure is die cast. It is ridiculously heavy.

The QS005 is the best looking 1/4 thing I have seen. Tough to top the Enterbay BD T2, but I think that RDJ head sculpt and the armor paint will put it over the top for me.

No doubt about it... if you want a mini RDJ in an IM suit, this looks like the one to get...

I'm not holding my breath that we will see a lot of Quarter Scale figs let alone IM quarter scale though... This one is no.5 of this lineup (including Baby Groot).

People are also holding onto the hope that the entire (or main suits at least) in the IM catalogue will get D/C rerelease too, but only one has been announced so far..

They will eventually.

I actually hope they release it slow. Too many people want things now.

I am happy if they do one 1/4 IM every two years.

That's my worry. I've gone way too far down the rabbit hole already ... don't need to go any further by getting something in a scale I haven't collected before.

I have the same concern :thud:
but I'm just getting this one 1/4 scale figure(shut up) as my definitive modern IM

Back