1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just put the Hot Toys image in the scene (on the right). It looks like the HT IM is leaning back more and shows the stomach more.

scene%20compare_zpsbkeucntb.jpg

This is truly impressive, you can't tell which one is the figure :)

Slowly coming to the conclusion I simply can't miss this. Stayed away from this thread a couple months now, but no more. Most impressive for me are the proportions. He looks bulky in the chest/waist area, exactly what I want. F* it, ordered it and put down a deposit. Time to save up now.

1/4 iron man really looks amazing! :clap

but i don't know if i want to spend that amount for mark 43. perhaps a more iconic mark iii would push me to go 1/4!

I'm holding out for a 1/4 Mk III (as well as a VI) but if HT never get round to making one I pray the Sideshow version will be a great alternative.

I hate anything that hasn't been scaled down to 1/4 it's size. I just walked out of Best Buy with a 15 inch UHD tv.

Hi :)
So I don't know if I can resist to this...I would like to wait until Comic con and see if the Sideshow Mark III maquette will show up but I'm not sure I can. I couldn't buy both....what to choose? :duh

:wave

I would suggest this personally. The sculpt on this is amazing. It's been said in an earlier post that with this piece, they achieved the "man in a suit" look instead of looking like a robot. I love the the Mark III but something about this design is just brilliant!

Do you guys think this will still be available in a few months? I'm trying to save up some rewards points for this, but I won't have them for a little while.

The static 1/4 scale Sideshow Statuette of Iron Man MK 42 is only about $100 less and offers no weathering on the paint application, no articulation and basic lighting. That's what sets the Hot Toys 1/4 scale MK 43 apart. It offers extraordinary detail and accuracy plus a lifelike face sculpt and multiple different special metallic paint applications that mirrors the weathering seen on the suit on screen. And the articulation goes down to the joints of the fingers with replaceable parts and a display base with a partial sentry figure with some moveable parts. Look at the photos below and compare.

quarter%20scale%20compare_im_zpsxyopsbmo.jpg

No slam on the fine statuette that Sideshow is releasing for the MK 42. It is about 20% cheaper. It's just the HT MK 43 is a really good release for the price.

I like the Sideshow Pacific Rim statuettes better for the paint and detail (which are also around 20 inches) than their IM MK 42.

Yeah, seriously considering the HT version instead of what SS is offering myself if future 1/4th Armors are added to the lineup. The size is right. The bases are sweet and the paint apps are fantastic. Don't think many would believe they were poseable unless you told them.

Back