1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say the only thing this doesn't beat on the 1/6th version is the price :)

Actually... I did some math.
Base on SS price: 1/6 version is $345; 1/4 version is $545.
1/6 scale(12") X 1.5 = 1/4 scale(18")
Therefore $345 X 1.5 = $517.5.
So it is $27.5 extra, to the dollar, consider there are a few more LED features. Which isn't too bad consider how high does SS mark up. it is pretty much proportional, pricewise.

Last edited:
Yeah from a $ per inch angle, i was thinking more along the lines of it's bigger, more detailed, more accurate it just isn't cheaper :lol

You can't put a price on the happiness of having a bigger one than the other guy. :)

I really like this. But I wanna see how much screen time this suit has before pulling the trigger on something as space consuming as these.

Id like my 1/4 scale figures to be classic and iconic. Had it been the mark III or VII, it'd be a definite purchase for me.

I really like this. But I wanna see how much screen time this suit has before pulling the trigger on something as space consuming as these.

Id like my 1/4 scale figures to be classic and iconic. Had it been the mark III or VII, it'd be a definite purchase for me.

Completely my point of view.

Judging by the trailers it looks like it'll be the same as the first Avengers.

Mark 43 will be used throughout 3/4 of the film and then the final battle sequence will have him switching over to Mark 45.

My criteria for the purchase is more accuracy to the film suit, the level of detail and finally my feeling about how cool looking this suit is to me.

My previous fav was the HT IM MK IV 1/6 with Gantry. Now that I saw Budget Stark's current Asia Toyshow Fair video and the detail the HT MK 43 1/4 scale has, I have to say I really am personally liking this one best of all. It's like the MK IV taken to a whole new level of detail and industrial design.

Honestly, with the killer display base, paint job, sculpt and detail this 20" tall figure is a pretty great deal at $545USD.

I concur with this post ^
:)

My choice was based off of the overall COOL factor I get from this piece. The suit is badass and the color scheme is a perfect blend of red and gold. The little rib details are pretty awesome and the overall sculpt and design is a thing of beauty. Screen time or not, it's a badass piece. :)

I concur with this post ^
:)

My choice was based off of the overall COOL factor I get from this piece. The suit is badass and the color scheme is a perfect blend of red and gold. The little rib details are pretty awesome and the overall sculpt and design is a thing of beauty. Screen time or not, it's a badass piece. :)

I am with you. Not to mention there are more LED features, and flaps on this figure. Don't get me wrong, I love 1/6th scale. 90% of my collections are 1/6th scale. But the details on 1/4th scale are as good as the 1/6th ones. and they are easier to apply by the artists because it is a slightly bigger to work on.

I am with you. Not to mention there are more LED features, and flaps on this figure. Don't get me wrong, I love 1/6th scale. 90% of my collections are 1/6th scale. But the details on 1/4th scale are as good as the 1/6th ones. and they are easier to apply by the artists because it is a slightly bigger to work on.

The flaps on this are awesome....
tumblr_nmhy831LZG1t0giw6o1_540.jpg

So many posing options too. I am curious as to the stability of the figure when standing on the Ultron Sentry. In one of the pics on SS they have him with his foot on his head. Any idea as to how easily that can be achieved?

The flaps on this are awesome....

They really are, but i wonder how well they will be able to close. I haven't had an IM figure since Mark IV, but I remeber how the flaps would stick out even when pressed to close. They should either be magnetic or have a clipping mechanism.

So many posing options too. I am curious as to the stability of the figure when standing on the Ultron Sentry. In one of the pics on SS they have him with his foot on his head. Any idea as to how easily that can be achieved?

It should be pretty easy using the support pole/grabber/clip provided. I would not attempt it without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi :)
So I don't know if I can resist to this...I would like to wait until Comic con and see if the Sideshow Mark III maquette will show up but I'm not sure I can. I couldn't buy both....what to choose? :duh

:wave

Back