1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
quarter%20scale%20compare_im_zpsxyopsbmo.jpg
I see this picture and I just mentally crop the 42 out.... this is miles better :lol
Dude, better not let the Clown Prince of Gotham see your profile tag :rotfl

I'm seriously about to click pre-order now, just thinking if buying from Sideshow (with like 150 euros more from VAT and fees :( ) or local...
I have cancelled my Diecast Mark III preorder a couple of weeks ago, I should have waited and I could try to have my nrd back, and then order from Sideshow, with that and my reward points it's almost the same price as local...

HT is undeniably better than Maquette, a high end statue trademark. If its 10 years ago , figure >>> maquette, keep dreaming. Maquette is trademark of top details collectibles decade ago and its shifted alot when HT comes. I am so sorry for sideshow that they not going anywhere meanwhile HT keep doing tremendous progress.

Sideshow did a tremendous job on the Pacific Rim statuettes. And the price is reasonable. I think Sideshow does some great work. The Sideshow Mark 42 is 20% less in price. It's just that the bar is raised so far by Hot Toys, that even at a higher price the quality and detail and paint is a tremendous deal for the Mark 43 1/4 scale. It used to be custom built/painted models like the HT IM MK 43 at that size cost over $1,000 or more and still didn't offer the features.

The HT IM MK 43 1/4 scale is a whole new level of amazing.

Sideshow did a tremendous job on the Pacific Rim statuettes. And the price is reasonable. I think Sideshow does some great work. The Sideshow Mark 42 is 20% less in price. It's just that the bar is raised so far by Hot Toys, that even at a higher price the quality and detail and paint is a tremendous deal for the Mark 43 1/4 scale. It used to be custom built/painted models like the HT IM MK 43 at that size cost over $1,000 or more and still didn't offer the features.

The HT IM MK 43 1/4 scale is a whole new level of amazing.

I thought people kind of dissapointed with pacific rim maquette, actual product is not like proto and miss so many details & paint app

I thought people kind of dissapointed with pacific rim maquette, actual product is not like proto and miss so many details & paint app

Wow, I didn't get the Pacific Rim statuettes. So the delivered product didn't match the prototype image in detail and paint app?

Wow, I didn't get the Pacific Rim statuettes. So the delivered product didn't match the prototype image in detail and paint app?

I see that happening with more and more Sideshow statues..... One of the Dinosauria statues that came out recently was done horribly :ohbfrank:
They better not **** up Arkham Joker :gah:

It wasn't even close! I returned mine and SS did refund me completely. I was really disappointed because I wanted a high quality Gipsy Danger statue. My thoughts with pics are in this thread:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...28800-pacific-rim-gipsy-danger-statue-42.html

On a note related to this thread I preordered this from SS. I used $75 in reward points on it.

Just like when they'll finally announce their TDK Bale Bats PF. It'll probably look alright, but I'm sure the HT one will crap all over it no problem. Their 1/4 line is just incredible, even the undersized Endo.

Is Enterbay finally dead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enterbay's found their Iron Man in NBA, and I wish they would continue their 1/4 line with better bodies. But I guess there's only a few licenses that collectors would get in high-end 1/4 action figure form and it seems that HT's got those licenses.

Enterbay's found their Iron Man in NBA, and I wish they would continue their 1/4 line with better bodies. But I guess there's only a few licenses that collectors would get in high-end 1/4 action figure form and it seems that HT's got those licenses.

It's smart they went all in on the nba stuff. I never get why people jump in and try to take on the leader in a field (this case 1/6) with there best product (iron man/marvel MCU). They should go after an under utilized area. The comic figures or older movies or something else. Then once you get established and are doing well then try the head to head if you want.

How are enterbay a 1/4 stuff? I've never seen any in person.

Enterbay 1/4 terminator BD headsculpt really homerun. Just try search 1/1 bust replica, statues or anything. Nothing will beat EB 1/4 T800 BD likeliness. EB actually good company, their headsculpt much better than HT but terrible choice of license. They should choose a newest license and follow trend, if they are smart enough they should go to BvS. 1/4 bat and super will cash a money

It's smart they went all in on the nba stuff. I never get why people jump in and try to take on the leader in a field (this case 1/6) with there best product (iron man/marvel MCU). They should go after an under utilized area. The comic figures or older movies or something else. Then once you get established and are doing well then try the head to head if you want.

How are enterbay a 1/4 stuff? I've never seen any in person.

I would agree. That's why I can't blame EB for focusing on NBA for now. At the moment I praise Threezero for being the smartest, IMO. They have the most diverse licensed line, picking up on TV which HT scrapped and taking licenses HT doesn't care for. It's sometimes risky and can be a faux pas movie reviews pending (eg, Chappie), but still smarter than going head-on to soon with the Goliath and suffer an early downfall like the other David which is Play Imaginative.

As for EB's 1/4 -- I agree with Epitaph04. I have their Batman Begins and BD T800 and both are fantastic. Their early releases (clean T800, Batman, Joker) have cheap brittle bodies, but it seems that they made improvements. BD T800 also have very few reports of QC issues (though the latter batches have details not as well done as the earlier batches). Not sure about their 1/4 Robo as I've not visited its thread for a long time now.

I really think that characters from video games are an untapped arena. Sure NECA and some other companies have made figures but it would be amazing to see EB or HT take a shot. The character designs in this new Mortal Kombat game are great and would translate well. Kratos, Ryu Hayabusa, Marcus Fenix and Samus come to mind as figures that I would buy.

I really think that characters from video games are an untapped arena. Sure NECA and some other companies have made figures but it would be amazing to see EB or HT take a shot. The character designs in this new Mortal Kombat game are great and would translate well. Kratos, Ryu Hayabusa, Marcus Fenix and Samus come to mind as figures that I would buy.

1000% agree.... I'd love a Hot Toys Kratos, some more Arkham figures, any of the big MK characters and any Metal Gear Solid character

True. PCS is pumping out a lot of MK statues, their best are the 1/3 scale IMO, but it would be very cool if HT came out with some 1/4 scale figures from MK. Me and my daughter have just recently started playing MK vs DC so this might be a kind of bridge for her to have more interest in the collection. Even with visible joints, it would be a lot of fun posing MK figures like they were fighting.

Back