1/3 Alien Big chap maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prime 1 & Coolprops 1/3 Alien Big chap maquette

I doubt prime 1 will be making a big chap of their own in this scale, it seems this is the one then. It's a good start, but it needs work. And I have very little faith in Coolprops to price this fairly, or to produce an high quality production piece. This has been the piece I'm most excited about in as far back as I can remember. I'm not losing my enthusiasm, but it has deflated a little.

Ideally, this will have improvements made to it, and production will be handed over to P1.

Yeah, totally understandable that people have no faith in them. I love what they do(I have a lot of their stuff), but if they mess up the Giger head(like they did with the warriors) then 100% I won't be ordering from them again. With that said, I can't see them messing up the Giger. HR Giger is a god to them and I'm confident they will make sure. This can be their way to atone for their warriors and maybe get back collectors faith in them. At least a step in the right direction.

It does look extremely similar to the 1/4 Marmit, down to the hands etc. Hope they address the issues with it

IMG_4350.jpg

Sorry guys! Screenshots don't work, got it now. But CP confirmed it's the Giger Alien 1/3 maquette. Based on the original mold it says.

Why the ridiculous pose?

Wasted potential.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Here's some pictures from THX, It's stunning! Hoping for an affordable price tag...

tX8PMIe.jpg

bQTWIDg.jpg

8A3fjgc.jpg

lQQBh0o.jpg

GGDqHQR.jpg

Zsd9L6W.jpg

aVeIk9u.jpg

JwlWQ6V.jpg

7ddIRwl.jpg

The 1:10 ARTFX+ Big Chap pose is still simple but so much more menacing and all-round awesome looking. Sure this might get points for proportions, detail and accuracy, but at the end of the day it looks like an actual suit prop replica standing on a model form, not a moving, living film creature. At least that's how I see it, obviously others will differently :huh

The 1:10 ARTFX+ Big Chap pose is still simple but so much more menacing and all-round awesome looking. Sure this might get points for proportions, detail and accuracy, but at the end of the day it looks like an actual suit prop replica standing on a model form, not a moving, living film creature. At least that's how I see it, obviously others will differently :huh
Nah that's exactly it. It's stiff as ****.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Beautiful. Happy with the museum pose.

This thing is so bought. It's exactly what I was hoping for.

Is anyone able to ask what they're hopi g to charge for this thing? A range or rough estimate?

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Is anyone able to ask what they're hopi g to charge for this thing? A range or rough estimate?

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I asked. They wouldn't say. Nice tidbit Mr. Steerpike! Didn't know about the James Cameron thing. So, this will be 32 inches?

I get why some people don't like museum poses, but this is literally that, a copy of the Giger set up and I like how simple this is, it's all about the creature on display and I love it. Just waiting on that price now. I still don't have total faith in CP to actually produce something to this quality but I think I'll take the gamble if it isn't a crazy price of entry. Ideally, they will use Prime 1's factory given they now have close ties with them.

That tiny thing is one of my favorites, I'd love Koto to make that beauty in 1/4. This coolprops is a different beast entirely though, they went in aiming to faithfully replicate the real prop, and they did that very well. There's certainly room for both on my shelf if Koto are listening and wish to produce a more artistic statue with some added life injected...

Back