1/3 Alien Big chap maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prime 1 & Coolprops 1/3 Alien Big chap maquette

This looks good.... But man I wish they would start making Big Chaps with the Blind dome that we see in the film and not the see through dome. I think its much creepier when you can't see the skull.
Even the frosty domenon the kotobukiya or the sano was good enough for me. I don't like it to be completely clear.

It does look extremely similar to the 1/4 Marmit, down to the hands etc. Hope they address the issues with it

I thought the same thing but since I sold my23" marmit Alien I couldn't do a side by side. Of corse this has the elbow buttons instead of those ridiculously long spikes the marmot has. The rear view is a lot like sanos version from Roswell so I'm confident they tried to use the original source as reference be using those two figures Hopefully

View attachment 355192
One of Michael Crawford's photos shows this alien is indeed the carbon copy of the original Giger sculpt with the elbow discs and splayed fingers.

This looks every bit as accurate as the Sano and artfx from kotobukiya ( though that one represented the mechanical head also used on the Neca sculpt) vs the Giger skull

Please, could any one post a picture of the two heads to compare? Thanks

PYTHON, Nice photo comparison you posted :yess: This piece ticks a lot of boxes for me.
Were getting closer to the 1:1 i've always wanted, 1/3 scale is a good start, at least things are getting bigger :) .
Hmmm, only negative is the transparent dome.

Why would this be any more expensive than the Giger's ALIEN Head? My guess is same price surly?

C9iHbqc.png

I like it! I'm one of the few that actually likes studio concept/design maquette poses.However, I doubt I will be buying one.

Theres an Al Simmons video on youtube showing this and the bust. It looks like its over 30" tall if the head is 15" tall.

So, should this thread be renamed since it's been confirmed to not have anything to do with P1 and P1 should have their own details in a couple of weeks?

Is anyone actually going to Wonderfest?

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Summer Wonderfest is Sunday, 30th July. It's where Prime 1 will come to life and show all of their stuff. Hopefully that will include Aliens!

Should we be worried for the QC of this statue? I really like it but I feel nervous about the final result...a lot of money and nowadays you can not be sure about what you are buying:(. They show you an awesome product but at the end the final product is usually dissapointing...when we are speaking about 2000€ pieces, no way!

Another question: I'm a litle bit confused, there will be a prime 1 big chap or this alien maquette will be the only one to be produced? Thanks!

Another question: I'm a litle bit confused, there will be a prime 1 big chap or this alien maquette will be the only one to be produced? Thanks!

I believe this is a separate endeavor for CoolProps. So we have yet to see anything from their collaboration with Prime 1. Supposedly they'll be showing off one of their Alien statues at Wonderfest at the end of the month.

Please, could any one post a picture of the two heads to compare? Thanks

IMG_7802.JPG

The top skull is usually associated with Gigers maquette and the one below with the more streamlined profile is most seen with the rimbaldi hero head. It appears to be different sculpts vs just a different paint job

The bottom version looks most like the Neca and artfx+ while the top version looks like the coolprops and Roswell sano version based on the Giger maquette

View attachment 355431

The top skull is usually associated with Gigers maquette and the one below with the more streamlined profile is most seen with the rimbaldi hero head. It appears to be different sculpts vs just a different paint job

The bottom version looks most like the Neca and artfx+ while the top version looks like the coolprops and Roswell sano version based on the Giger maquette

Thank you very much for your answers!!

So I made a few comparison pictures between this and the real suit. The angles aren't perfectly lined up, but it's close enough to show that this thing is very.... Very good.

C9iHbqc.png

W1XBTCl.png

Bear in mind that the second pic is the suit with the stunt head, not the statue sculpted by Giger.

They look the same to me:O
(Like the sano statue. Also if we compare both statues, sano's one look cleaner than the one from coolprops..I am refearing to the dome/mouth) may it us because of the light, but something looks weird to me when we look the alien in front side..)

They look the same to me:O
(Like the sano statue. Also if we compare both statues, sano's one look cleaner than the one from coolprops..I am refearing to the dome/mouth) may it us because of the light, but something looks weird to me when we look the alien in front side..)

The suit is made out of latex and the wrinkles are a giveaway

As far as the difference between sanos and the coolprops statues, the reason the coolprops statue resembles the Marmit is due to the finish. Sanos statue was a flat color scheme and very subtle in the texture whereas the Marmit had a hard wash and dry brush with a glossy finish, hinting at a more colorful texture. The artfx of course is a flat color overall with glossy details and a very precise texture which is the closest I've ever seen to the screen used costume

The suit is made out of latex and the wrinkles are a giveaway

As far as the difference between sanos and the coolprops statues, the reason the coolprops statue resembles the Marmit is due to the finish. Sanos statue was a flat color scheme and very subtle in the texture whereas the Marmit had a hard wash and dry brush with a glossy finish, hinting at a more colorful texture. The artfx of course is a flat color overall with glossy details and a very precise texture which is the closest I've ever seen to the screen used costume

Thanks demorathis, I agree with you with the glossy finish (that I prefer personally) but I am refearing to the sculpt. I don't see the stunt head but the giger's. I can't see any difference between them. Thanks again!

Back