1/3 Alien Big chap maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prime 1 & Coolprops 1/3 Alien Big chap maquette

Edit, forgot we are in the 1/3 maquette thread. Posted about the head in the other thread. :)

Last edited:
Re: Prime 1 & Coolprops 1/3 Alien Big chap maquette

The ES on Freeze was super low as well. They would prolly want to sell somewhere between 1-2,000 of each of these characters I'd imagine. That'd be hard to do at a huge price tag. Most of the youngins around here don't even remember, but even the CM Pred only sold 600-700 pieces at a 2k price. I'm sure there a lot more collectors with deep pockets these days though.

While I love a low ES as much as the next guy, I'd rather sacrifice collectibility for affordability on these personally. Prime 1 usually have low ES anyway, double the usual even is no real issue imo if it keeps the price down.

I also don't mind more simple bases etc for the same reason. Both the Aliens and Predators are large characters anyway so will be imposing enough without elaborate bases in this scale.

I've had both the CM Giger Alien and SS version. There is nothing spectacular about any of those paint apps from a detail stand point. Primes paint app won't be significantly better than those

If Prime 1 just wants to give these an old CM or SS Alien style paint job,then I guess that's one way to keep the price down.

Sounds lame to me lol!

I don't think CP will be in any position to be making pricing decisions with the deal when Prime is so much larger and better at making collectibles.

CoolProps will most certainly be involved in the pricing decisions.It's just naive to think otherwise.

I'm dying to see more of this.

Snap, I actually messaged Prime 1 asking for details. They were decent enough to reply, but as expected they were very much tight lipped.

Cool. They shouldn't tease then not put out though...that's just cruel lol. Hope to see more soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol. Nice.

At least you tried man. At worst, you're reminding them that people are out there and interested in this. lol. Cuz you know, I'm sure they were wondering. ;)

A for effort though man! lol.

Here's some info about upcoming Coolprops products that Neny Dee posted on Facebook earlier today. I had suspected that the teaser image for the 1:3 Big Chap was probably just a t-pose, since I didn't think Prime 1 would go in a museum style direction. From what he says about the bases/poses on the 1:3 line it sounds like they will be fairly dynamic, which makes me very happy. I can't wait to see more!

"My meeting with COOLPROPS Japan.
First of...we had a blast of a time with soooo much infos to share and trust me when i say guys....the Owner of Coolprops is not just another businessman ... NO !!!, he is a true geek and fan just as hardcore as we are. I consider him a friend and very humble and decent guys. He has a huuuuge and impressive collection of original movie props and he said why enjoy these cool pieces alone...why not share it with other enthusiasts and fans so thats how and why he founded coolprops.

All these goodies coming from his own collection. How cool is that. He was listening to all the criticism and concerns and promised that all will be taken care of and yes some things didnt work out as planed but i can tell you guys...there are so much more cool things coming your way. All you Alien and Predator fans will be very impressed.

The new upcoming Big Chap Alien head should be released by end of the year which is super awesome and should look exactly like the prototype. One of the Big Chap heads is now exposed in the Giger Museum in Switzerland....what an honor !
This is also the reason why the price had to be increased because license and inolvment of the Giger estate did cost some extra bucks but you will get something special along with the Big Chap head and i'm pretty sure you will be very satisfied with the head. It comes from one of the original movie used molds ...it's not a new sculpt so again your chance to own a little piece of movie history.

The collaboration between Prime1 & Coolprops is not yet confirmed allthough it looks like it's gonna happen. I did see some 1:3 prototypes of the planed statues and OMG !!!!! They look so incredibly beautiful....you will love it. Apparently all 4 Alien movie Xenos will be made in 1:3 with huge bases and awesome poses. Cant tell you more right now but it's jaw dropping from what i've seen.

In terms of lifesize stuff there will be new Predator stuff coming but not confirmed yet when it's gonna happen as first the Alien heads need to be despatched . But a lifesize Wolf head and perhaps lifesize AVP Elder head might be coming ....They look amazing and the paintjob will be way better than the one from Sideshow.

Like i said right from the start COOLPROPS is definitely a new major player in the market and despite some hateful and poisenous ******** some collectors tryin to spread and do them harm.... Coolprops is doing extremely well and sold out already all Alien heads to all distributors. Just for Info....YES all 4 Alien heads (Dog, Warrior blue and brown, New Born)....are all limited to less than 300 pcs each. So i suggest you buy one now before they are all gone and will cost double in 2-3 years. The big chap will have a run of 1000 pcs.

Expect more fantastic stuff from Coolprops soon and support one of the coolest collectible companies for all the goodies they bring to the fans. I definitely will as a friend and as a customer.
Thank you COOLPROPS !!!!!"

Guys, is this what I think it is? The CoolProp Prime1 1/3 scale Big Chap?

IMG_9348.jpg

Hurry up and tell me how expensive this will be so I stop fantasizing about it.

I saw that! Must be Coolprops, since it's right beside the Giger. I asked about new products and CP said there will be.

Back