1:1 Iron man Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just had another look at your collection tugg - i notice u have a crystal skull - i saw them the other day in Kmart - worth getting or just a piece of cheap plastic crap???

i just had another look at your collection tugg - i notice u have a crystal skull - i saw them the other day in Kmart - worth getting or just a piece of cheap plastic crap???

The one with KotCS right? I think it's plastic. Probably is. Not 100% sure.
It's made by SS, and it looks pretty good with the Indy PF. So... yeah, I'd say it's worth getting.

The one with KotCS right? I think it's plastic. Probably is. Not 100% sure.
It's made by SS, and it looks pretty good with the Indy PF. So... yeah, I'd say it's worth getting.

yeah that's the one. ok thanx for the advice. will post my iron man pics next week!

Keep it in the usa sideshow..

Show your support to the country that has bred you!!!

You have been getting greedy w/ bloated prices, cheap labor and porous quality control!!!!!

The chinese have been screwing everyone in the news w/ scandal!!!

Support the country that bred you..

Greed kills..

Csmoore and bowen have been stepping it up lately..

Watch your back..

Bodie has spoken

As much as I agree with Bodie and other forum members on this topic
I cant see SS making these collectables we all love so much in the US.
At the end of the day money talks and anyone who owns a buissnes
knows this and they will do anything to make the maximum income
on their product, one way to achive this is to send work to China were
you can pay those poor saps $3 a hour, who will work for that in the US???
And If by some chance these statues do become manufactured
in the US you can expect a $700 bust to be $1400.
(my collecting days will be over) Its a win loose situation.
Sideshow lift your game and do what is right buy your loyal customers
we pay top dollar for some of these poorly made statues.

As much as I agree with Bodie and other forum members on this topic
I cant see SS making these collectables we all love so much in the US.
At the end of the day money talks and anyone who owns a buissnes
knows this and they will do anything to make the maximum income
on their product, one way to achive this is to send work to China were
you can pay those poor saps $3 a hour, who will work for that in the US???
And If by some chance these statues do become manufactured
in the US you can expect a $700 bust to be $1400.
(my collecting days will be over) Its a win loose situation.
Sideshow lift your game and do what is right buy your loyal customers
we pay top dollar for some of these poorly made statues.

i'm not sure but i'm guessing it's more like $3 a day or even less

while i'm from canada, yes i'd like to see more of this stuff made in north america.
though it just don't make $$$ sence.
a $300 retail statue costs a dealer around $190, which in turn costs a distributor around $125-$150. (these costs are based on my experience of distribution systems) so the landed cost of a $300 statue at ssc door is costing them in the area of $75-$100.

do we really think this piece can be made in the usa for anywheres near that. where labour rates are going to be costing $10 to $15 per hour for anyone that can at least tie there shoes and chew gum at the same time.

Last edited:
i'm not sure but i'm guessing it's more like $3 a day or even less

while i'm from canada, yes i'd like to see more of this stuff made in north america.
though it just don't make $$$ sence.
a $300 retail statue costs a dealer around $190, which in turn costs a distributor around $125-$150. (these costs are based on my experience of distribution systems) so the landed cost of a $300 statue at ssc door is costing them in the area of $75-$100.

do we really think this piece can be made in the usa for anywheres near that. where labour rates are going to be costing $10 to $15 per hour for anyone that can at least tie there shoes and chew gum at the same time.

I was kidding concerning the whole "Made in Canada" part, but it sounds like you're screwed either way. QC would still be an issue here, but not as abundant as in China. However, the cost would take a huge spike... Basically, it's a situation where, "You can't have your cake and eat it too."

I am bad at butchering quotes... so I apologize.

I was kidding concerning the whole "Made in Canada" part, but it sounds like you're screwed either way. QC would still be an issue here, but not as abundant as in China. However, the cost would take a huge spike... Basically, it's a situation where, "You can't have your cake and eat it too."

I am bad at butchering quotes... so I apologize.

:confused::confused::confused:, did i miss something??

Not really perfect imo, I could see the 'waves' at a glance

Look who arrived today. It is an amazing piece. I'm so grateful mine came perfect. Sorry to those who had problems.
Pictures to not do this piece an justice at all. Honestly.

such a Glorious Moment!!!

best feeling in the world opening that box.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/KvnhbDzwE6Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/KvnhbDzwE6Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back