1:1 Facehugger in Stasis Tube

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Detale78

Super Freak
Reaction score
DSCN0278.jpg

Still a WIP....

I've always wanted to do this. There was someone I saw who was selling something very similar but he filled with some sort of liquid and had lights in it too..Guy was selling it for EUR 700 before shipping. yikes!

How would you be able to fill it with liquid and not have the paint peel off?

DSCN0278.jpg

Still a WIP....

Really nice ,wanted to make something similar where did you get the tube and end caps from?

Still have a 1/1 facehugger wip and will probably never finish it but you never know,would look great in a stasis tube like this maybe you could sell some?

Yeah I plan on adding water to the tube but need to seal it off completely first so it wont leak. You need to use distilled water. In in order to prevent the paint from peeling off I coated the facehugger in numerous coats of 2 part clear epoxy resin which gives it a waterproof seal. I plan on adding a light to the display as well. The tube is made of acrylic so that is basically the most expensive part since acrylic is not cheap especially in a rounded shape like this. The rest is made of resin and metal components switches, ect that are non functional but for display purposes only. Thanks for the nice comments this has been one of my dream props for a long time. The stasis tube is from what I heard molded from the same ones used in the film Aliens if not is modeled after it so is extremely accurate.

Last edited:
Yeah I plan on adding water to the tube but need to seal it off completely first so it wont leak. You need to use distilled water. In in order to prevent the paint from peeling off I coated the facehugger in numerous coats of 2 part clear epoxy resin which gives it a waterproof seal. I plan on adding a light to the display as well. The tube is made of acrylic so that is basically the most expensive part since acrylic is not cheap especially in a rounded shape like this. The rest is made of resin and metal components switches, ect that are non functional but for display purposes only. Thanks for the nice comments this has been one of my dream props for a long time. The stasis tube is from what I heard molded from the same ones used in the film Aliens if not is modeled after it so is extremely accurate.

Would love to see how that looks , with the right light on it and filled up.(Think it will look very cool!):hi5:
Hope to see some pictures of that someday.
But filled up or not, a cool thing to own, thats for sure.

Back