DAM Toys Ghost in the Shell 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyekye

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
2045 Version WIP Prototypes of Kusanagi and Bato display @ Shanghai WF
384245791_857952562440285_2178777454969581415_n.jpg
382974832_857945349107673_5522290784104224297_n.jpg

382980802_857955099106698_7439797764139235214_n.jpg

I also wish it was SAC, I was just posting that too lol. Well at least we know with DAM that these will come with tons of guns and accessories. Maybe they'll make other series if these sell well.

I also wish it was SAC, I was just posting that too lol. Well at least we know with DAM that these will come with tons of guns and accessories. Maybe they'll make other series if these sell well.
A shame it's 2045 and not Stand Alone Complex.
Yeah. I agree... Maybe they got the license cheaper through Netflix?
Anyways, it feels like they are doing - "If you buy this, we will release SAC!"

I want these 2 versions
tumblr_m7jiocWtwV1rwsrqao1_1280.jpg
181388269_956808100a_o.jpg

Man those looks for both of them would be so cool to have in 1/6, they'd be the centerpiece for the cyberpunk theme I'm trying to build up!

Man those looks for both of them would be so cool to have in 1/6, they'd be the centerpiece for the cyberpunk theme I'm trying to build up!

I want these 2 versions

Give us a 1/6 Tachikoma.

IMG_3734.gif

I want these 2 versions
View attachment 667899View attachment 667900
i have the medicom, not sure which scene the tightsuit is from. noticed medicom has thick lios compared to the show.

also have the black suit from gits2 comic.

I'm in for the Major, I loved the 2045 design!

I’m bummed. I want Batou from the most recent movie with Scarlet. I like the anime versions alright but really want a good Pilou Asbaek head sculpt for my pair of figures..
Man we didn't really even get a Scarlett from the movie with Scarlett lol, I'm still salty about how pretty much all the merch from that movie turned out. A Batou would've been nice for sure too.

I’m bummed. I want Batou from the most recent movie with Scarlet. I like the anime versions alright but really want a good Pilou Asbaek head sculpt for my pair of figures..

I wasn't a huge fan of GITS2 Innocence, but that version of Batou would create the softest transition for DAM, given their existing category of weapons already produced. I just don't see the point in a Batou without a ton of BFGs involved. We can't see the Major's pistol, but best guess is it's the classic Seburo. The odds of getting a Togusa is close to nil IMHO, so would wish they made his revolver and gave a copy each to both the Major and Batou.

The weapons loadouts on these could be really incredible. I hope DAM loads these with guns, realizing that's going to be the main selling point outside of more hardcore fans.

It's unfortunate the 2017 film was a bomb, because a successful widespread initial filmcould have spawned sequels, more series, good merchandise, and of course, more figures. It's unfortunate in some ways. It's a chicken vs the egg problem. Stand Alone Complex has the best chance to organically mesh with a Western audience, but something like that simply won't get real financing at that scale, enough to make it honor the source material. And GITS1, IMHO, and I don't want to ride into heresy here, the core story is a bit dated. It was ground breaking in the mid 90s, when things were different, technology was different, the way people communicated and saw the world differently, but in 2017, I don't think it could translate as well. You are trapped honoring the source material to not incite the legacy fans, but get written into a corner from appealing to newer potential fans. A POV through Togusa would have been far more helpful to new viewers of the franchise, then Motoko and Batou could have operated like quasi surrogate "parents" for him in Section 9, which would have eased the story and grounded it better IMHO.

I'd just like to see lots of guns with these figures. That's my best hope on it.

Man on one hand I'm super down for anything more cyberpunk. On the other, these will have a stylized look matching the anime (as they should) so there's consistency loss in a display.

speaking of innocence there were 2 1/4 BJD of the geisha androids.

Back