1:1 Facehugger in Stasis Tube

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is an update! I picked up a new face hugger to add to the tube made by Dropshipbob off therpf.com forums. The new hugger is more accurately painted with lots of different shades added. The fingernails were shortened and replaced with actual acrylic nails from a beauty supply store. Webbing was added using latex and the dreaded and disgusting probiscus was added. Finished off with numerous layers of clear epoxy resin so the hugger can be submerged into water. Lastly the fingers were better positioned.

Here is a picture of the new hugger (on the left) and the old one on the right for comparison.

DSCN0338.jpg

Detail on the new facehugger:

DSCN0339.jpg

I am currently in the process of making the tube itself waterproof so I will post pictures of the new face hugger in the tube when I am finished.

Thanks for looking :)!!!

heh, i have both of those Halcyon facehugger kits. i think the one with the longer nails is the queen hugger from 3. the acrylic nails are a nice touch, dunno why i never thought of that. are there any plans to make one of the dead facehuggers from Aliens?

heh, i have both of those Halcyon facehugger kits. i think the one with the longer nails is the queen hugger from 3. the acrylic nails are a nice touch, dunno why i never thought of that. are there any plans to make one of the dead facehuggers from Aliens?

Speaking of dead facehuggers, here is a facehugger autopsy diorama I also own made by Dean Dymersky:

DSCN0337-1.jpg

:)

Dead facehugger looks seriously awesome.

Would also love to see the final facehugger in the statis tube with the water and lights.

See you put your other Facehugger up on Ebay I think... not as nice as the newer one but still very interesting..

The hugger is coated in numerous layers of clear epoxy resin. It becomes waterproof as a result. Also distilled water will be used to avoid the problems that can be caused by tap water and the added chemicals in it.

Hmm, ever considered two layers of cylinders instead? So in between you just add water or liquid gel. That way you won't risk damaging the paint work at all and should still give you a similar effect?

Great facehuggers:) really need to finish mine sometime, any tips on painting or effects would be appreciated, good luck on your sales;)

Back