Prop 1:1 Batman Cowls?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you thank you! defintely going to be the center of my collection/display when i get rid of everything except batman.

ahh i see! thank you thank you guys! you guys are all very informative! now where can i get a two toned tinted resin 89' emblem?

Nice to see the cowl that I sculpted are still out there!

nice to see that i'm going to own one! im excited!!!

Last edited:
very nice product from cape n cowl. I have a few nitpics though. Since i'm a cowl noob, Heres a couple of things i wanna know from cowl experts.

IMG01334-20110831-0107.jpg

1. This cowl does not hold its on shape by itself (all cowls like this?needs a stand to look like it does in the picture) I used a grey goose bottle
2. Its thin in some areas (or atleast feels thin to me)
3. Its very tacky.

I can sort you out with an emblem if you need one.

how much would one cost? thanks!

It all depends on what the cowl is made from and the quality of the latex/urethene used thicker latex/urethene will hold shape alot more but is alot less maliable and can be difficult to sculpt/cast.

Your cowl shouldnt feel tacky at all that maybe a sign that it is ageing and you may want a case or screen to protect it from further damage from the elements. It may be thin in places dependant on the shape of the cast its pulled from etc.

Like i said you can only go with your instincts with custom stuff like this I am about to invest in a Begins cowl and stand it has been a long process and has taken me a long time to find the best quality piece.

All i will say with collecting this kind of thing is be careful especially if buying from ebay.

very nice product from cape n cowl. I have a few nitpics though. Since i'm a cowl noob, Heres a couple of things i wanna know from cowl experts.

IMG01334-20110831-0107.jpg

1. This cowl does not hold its on shape by itself (all cowls like this?needs a stand to look like it does in the picture) I used a grey goose bottle
2. Its thin in some areas (or atleast feels thin to me)
3. Its very tacky.

how much would one cost? thanks!

its new, the seller stated that the auctions are orders that are made, i wouldnt say its tacky, but attracts more dust that the HT OC bats lol. and it smells funny.

The smell is a funny smell but its allright and dust will stick to it just wash it with soap and water then try to keep it in a dust free place-glass cabinet away from sunlight.

its new, the seller stated that the auctions are orders that are made, i wouldnt say its tacky, but attracts more dust that the HT OC bats lol. and it smells funny.
Both the tack and smell means it's a fresh pull. Urethane will always leave a slight tack and attract dust but the smell will eventually go away although it might take a bit of time.

here is the one I have, i used to have the panther one as well, sold it tho.

IMG_3802.jpg

IMG_3803.jpg

IMG_3804.jpg

IMG_3805.jpg

IMG_3806.jpg

yeah... i noticed.. i'm using a makeshift display with a grey goose bottle and a couple of boxes to hold the collarbone part up... when i have some time i'm going to make a cowl stand out of metal.. I don't play on using any mannequin heads.. i like the empty cowl look better.

oh ok, cool. Yah my goal is to build the Chinese Wedding Cabinet replica that was used in Batman Begins where BWayne kept his suit. I have the plans already for it, but im trying to figure out the cowl because its similar to how Toys210 has it. Its not a mannequin head in the cabinet its something that makes the cowl look empty. Id just like to see toys210 stand without the cowl on it so i can see whats holding it up:)

my idea is have a circular platform roughly the size of the dome of the cowl attached to a metal rod (black, inch in diameter) and stick it onto the mannequin

Back