【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Looks immaculate

I've grown to like Strange very much in IW.

Is there much difference between the two outfit-wise?

Honestly can't tell which sculpt I like better yet... but those JC Hong pics are insane as always. I wish I had just one of his originals.

Honestly can't tell which sculpt I like better yet... but those JC Hong pics are insane as always. I wish I had just one of his originals.

The Cloak and clothing are different from what I've seen.

It looks like they are using the old patterning and tailoring but with slight changes to some color and embellishments. It’s not major changes or anything most folks would notice.

it's great that those who missed out on the first figure are getting a chance to pick up this one. But I can't help but feel a little bummed out that Hot Toys is making another Doctor Strange so soon. Not because I own the first one, but because I feel like there's probably another figure that may have been made that's now been bumped to make way for Doctor Strange. There's just not enough different about this figure and I kinda wished they would have waited for the sequel for another one, and instead made Ebony Maw, Wong, Nebula, Mantis, one of the other black order figures, etc.

it's great that those who missed out on the first figure are getting a chance to pick up this one. But I can't help but feel a little bummed out that Hot Toys is making another Doctor Strange so soon. Not because I own the first one, but because I feel like there's probably another figure that may have been made that's now been bumped to make way for Doctor Strange. There's just not enough different about this figure and I kinda wished they would have waited for the sequel for another one, and instead made Ebony Maw, Wong, Nebula, Mantis, one of the other black order figures, etc.

This makes sense in isolation but when you look at the bigger picture; multiple Ironman figs, Black Widow, Cap etc. it makes no sense whatsoever.

To me, it makes perfect sense to make a figure of one of the several highlights of IW.

This makes sense in isolation but when you look at the bigger picture; multiple Ironman figs, Black Widow, Cap etc. it makes no sense whatsoever.

To me, it makes perfect sense to make a figure of one of the several highlights of IW.

Yeah it makes sense for them to make this figure - wasn't saying it didn't. But it's pretty much the same figure aside from an updated head sculpt. The other examples you mentioned have many more differences. From a personal standpoint - already having the first figure - I would have preferred something else.

Yeah it makes sense for them to make this figure - wasn't saying it didn't. But it's pretty much the same figure aside from an updated head sculpt. The other have many more differences. From a personal standpoint - already having the first figure - I would have preferred something else.

While I understand what your trying to say..that you would prefer a totally new figure instead..those examples he used where spot on. Cap has the same suit, widow is the same head and same costume with a new vest on top. Don’t get me wrong, I have zero issues with it. The more they can reuse the faster they get made and the more then can make. And the reused stuff helps offset an risk with say a totally new unique body like an outrider or child of thanos that will have most likely limited use potential. And iron man is a whole different thing. He always sells and always sells well.

Same sculpt, but just combed his hair back?

32824861_1057674337717916_5449686450578653184_n.jpg

those examples were not spot on. We agree Iron Man is not spot on. Captain America is not spot on. Completely different head sculpt and look. The outfit is not the same - you've pointed this out in detail. Black Widow is the only one that's close and even her look is fairly different when displayed on a shelf. The differences in this figure come down the head scuplt, which you'll have to get pretty close up to to even notice.

8F98FC60-BD44-4DED-90B8-3A3EF3BFDB54.jpeg

those examples were not spot on. We agree Iron Man is not spot on. Captain America is not spot on. Completely different head sculpt and look. The outfit is not the same - you've pointed this out in detail. Black Widow is the only one that's close and even her look is fairly different when displayed on a shelf.

Cap is the same. As you said I pointed out the movie suits are different, but the figure suit isn’t. Not the prototype anyway. It’s the CW suit with slight changes. A new head. So it’s exactly Dr strange. New head, slight alteration to the costume a couple of new accessories. How is that different?

I was off by 2 bucks. Dang. One of these times I’ll nail it.

Pre-order locked in...but potentially September 2019? That's a long ass wait.

That price is absolutely ridiculous.

Horrible price but selling the first version should offset the cost quite a bit. Question is, should I?

Same sculpt, but just combed his hair back?

32824861_1057674337717916_5449686450578653184_n.jpg

New sculpt looks just a touch wider in the face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back