☆☆☆ Pimpin My Shelves® ☆☆☆ 〖Update - Page 258〗

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ☆☆☆ Pimpin My Shelves® ☆☆☆ 〖Update - Page 231〗

got caught up so randomn remarks :wave

- Grats on Joker Mime PO, I love anything 89 but I already have the original HT Joker so I don't feel a need for this one. I really only got the HT as a holdover till someone (SSC :pray:) makes a Keaton statue.

- your room is sick man! I sure hope you don't push out on the rolling chair with too much force! :panic:

- Nice touch on opening Ivy with a penguin pajama! And I dig the vine display you got there!! I may still the idea.

- Koto Hulk looks awesome. I have the Sosa Spiderman which is amazing and I'm about to get Venom when he comes out. Hulk is a definite order for me.

- Love the Disney with Mickey :)

- Grats on Black Widow PO. Not for me but I did PO Planet Hulk though. Did you?

Thanks a lot Mel for taking the time to go through my thread updates.

-Yeah the 89 Joker is really cool from HT and the mime joker looks nice in black and white, I just Po'ed it. As mentioned earlier I am planning on selling most of my HT collection since I am going to be focused on 1/4th line. But I will hold on to a few selected 1/6th figures including the 89 jokers.

- Yup I have to take extra care not to bump the chair into the display. Might end up toppling something down. :slap

- Thanks and glad you liked it. Don't worry about stealing the idea as I am not selling my ideas :wink1:

- I agree the Sosa Spider-man does look cool and in fact I was really deciding to get one but then decided not to. And the HULK is looking to be the best Koto piece ever. Seems like they have nailed it.

- Thanks and yes the Gladiator HULK looks awesome so I did PO that as well as the BW. So 2 new POs for next year. :)

Amazing updates Sarv and top quality high res pics as ever pal. Congrats on the Widow PF PO too :clap

sarvesh2000is,

First of all, I love the collection, your photo work, and the creativity it takes to put this display together. It's been inspirational and has caused me to purchased similar statues as well.

I've been trying to locate the (Attakus?) Walt and Mickey Statue, but yet to successfully find one. Google searching comes up with nothing. If you would, please give me the official name of this statue, the manufacturer, and a retailer where I could possibly find another one. It would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for those kind words of appreciation mate. Glad you like collection and display.

The Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse statue is not from Attakus. It is from Classic Walt Disney Collection and this one is Celebrating Walt Disney's 100th Birthday. I have found a listing on eBay if you are interested in purchasing one for your collection - Link.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again,
Sarvesh

Thanks a lot Mel for taking the time to go through my thread updates.

-Yeah the 89 Joker is really cool from HT and the mime joker looks nice in black and white, I just Po'ed it. As mentioned earlier I am planning on selling most of my HT collection since I am going to be focused on 1/4th line. But I will hold on to a few selected 1/6th figures including the 89 jokers.

- Yup I have to take extra care not to bump the chair into the display. Might end up toppling something down. :slap

- Thanks and glad you liked it. Don't worry about stealing the idea as I am not selling my ideas :wink1:

- I agree the Sosa Spider-man does look cool and in fact I was really deciding to get one but then decided not to. And the HULK is looking to be the best Koto piece ever. Seems like they have nailed it.

- Thanks and yes the Gladiator HULK looks awesome so I did PO that as well as the BW. So 2 new POs for next year. :)

Cool beans! You really should consider the Spidey (though he can get pricey now) cause he'll look amazing with the Venom. Magneto is banging too and Hulk will rock. I'm really considering switching my Marvel collection from SSC to Koto.

Cool beans! You really should consider the Spidey (though he can get pricey now) cause he'll look amazing with the Venom. Magneto is banging too and Hulk will rock. I'm really considering switching my Marvel collection from SSC to Koto.

You serious? You like Koto so much that you are planning to switch?? Well I can't deny the HULK is looking pretty damn awesome but don't think I will be turning away from SSC.

nice collection :)

Fanfreakingtastic

nice collection :)

Thanks dude.
23lo1vr.gif

Fanfreakingtastic

Many thanks bro.
23lo1vr.gif

Love the Mandy
Congrats

Hi Chris,

Thank you for those kind words of appreciation mate. Glad you like collection and display.

The Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse statue is not from Attakus. It is from Classic Walt Disney Collection and this one is Celebrating Walt Disney's 100th Birthday. I have found a listing on eBay if you are interested in purchasing one for your collection - Link.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again,
Sarvesh

Hi Sarvesh,

Thanks for the link...I don't think I would've found one anytime soon on my own. I did end up purchasing the linked statue even though it was a bit more expensive than I had envisioned!! (LOL) but still am glad to have tracked one down, thanks to you.

Best regards,

Chris

Ps. Keep up the great work!

Hi Sarvesh,

Thanks for the link...I don't think I would've found one anytime soon on my own. I did end up purchasing the linked statue even though it was a bit more expensive than I had envisioned!! (LOL) but still am glad to have tracked one down, thanks to you.

Best regards,

Chris

Ps. Keep up the great work!

Hey Chris,

Glad I could be of help. Back then it was not expensive but with limited editions collectibles, as the years go by the prices go high. Nevertheless congrats on getting one for your collection. Do post some pics once you receive.

Cheers,
Sarvesh

Wow your pictures are just amazing!!! What kind of camera equipment are you using?

You serious? You like Koto so much that you are planning to switch?? Well I can't deny the HULK is looking pretty damn awesome but don't think I will be turning away from SSC.

Yeah totally serious because my Marvel collection is not too big yet and is all over the place (as is my Star Wars one).
I have Psylocke Comi 1:5, Black Cat PF 1:4 as well as Magneto and Spidey from Kotobukiya 1:6. The Koto stuff is truly great.

I really like the Beast Comi 1:5 and have POed Planet Hulk 1:4 but I consider him sort of its own piece.
Because I'm late to the game, getting old SSC piece can get expensive and I'm sort of torn...
If the Campbell Spidey comiquettes turn out nice I may focus on SSC 1:5 Marvel, get Daredevil, Beast, Punisher, Thanos, hobgoblin.... but 1:5 is rare and SSC is missing many character in the comiquette line.

If however I don't like the Campbell Comis then I might focus on Koto with Venom, Daredevil, Hulk and hope Sosa makes a fair few pieces before leaving.
Plus I could complete stuff with some Bowen pieces like the Strike Down Thor that I really want.

Wow your pictures are just amazing!!! What kind of camera equipment are you using?

Thanks mate. I usually toggle between my D7000 and D4 with either 85mm 1.4G or 40mm 2.8G micro.
23lo1vr.gif

Yeah totally serious because my Marvel collection is not too big yet and is all over the place (as is my Star Wars one).
I have Psylocke Comi 1:5, Black Cat PF 1:4 as well as Magneto and Spidey from Kotobukiya 1:6. The Koto stuff is truly great.

I really like the Beast Comi 1:5 and have POed Planet Hulk 1:4 but I consider him sort of its own piece.
Because I'm late to the game, getting old SSC piece can get expensive and I'm sort of torn...
If the Campbell Spidey comiquettes turn out nice I may focus on SSC 1:5 Marvel, get Daredevil, Beast, Punisher, Thanos, hobgoblin.... but 1:5 is rare and SSC is missing many character in the comiquette line.

If however I don't like the Campbell Comis then I might focus on Koto with Venom, Daredevil, Hulk and hope Sosa makes a fair few pieces before leaving.
Plus I could complete stuff with some Bowen pieces like the Strike Down Thor that I really want.

Oh I understand now. The SSC pieces skyrocket in price once they get sold out and if you missed out many pieces then it is really going to be expensive to collect them. I haven't really focused on Koto until this HULK. It does seem they have raised the bar. SSC are more into 1:4 than 1:5 as compared. As for me, even though I want to get some of the Bowen pieces, I can't because of space constraints. The only Bowen piece I have is the Mr.Fixit HULK.

Just curious so you are not going to be pre-ordering any future SSC realises either? Or is it just the Marvel line that you are not going to focus on?

Oh I understand now. The SSC pieces skyrocket in price once they get sold out and if you missed out many pieces then it is really going to be expensive to collect them. I haven't really focused on Koto until this HULK. It does seem they have raised the bar. SSC are more into 1:4 than 1:5 as compared. As for me, even though I want to get some of the Bowen pieces, I can't because of space constraints. The only Bowen piece I have is the Mr.Fixit HULK.

Just curious so you are not going to be pre-ordering any future SSC realises either? Or is it just the Marvel line that you are not going to focus on?

I'll PO stuff the I find very compelling because I'm not deep enough into any line/brand/scale to really decide yet.
However I'm very new to Marvel and have yet to read a Marvel comic so the stuff that interests me outside of Spiderman is very much design oriented like the Planet Hulk... and Galactus if the production piece matches.
I didn't get Storm, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision or PO Black Widow, Punisher, Deadpool... cause they mean nothing to me.
That's also part of the reason, because they mean little to me so far they don't warrant 1:4 scale to me and I'd rather get 1:6 and spend $200 on each piece than $350 and up.

Thanks mate. I usually toggle between my D7000 and D4 with either 85mm 1.4G or 40mm 2.8G micro.

I also have a D7000 but I only have a 50mm 1.8G lens and a 18-200mm VRII lens. I am trying to find a lens that is better for taking full figure pics of 1/6 figures. Not really sure if I need a better flash or just a better lens. :slap I am a newby as far a photography goes. How are you lighting your figures?

Back