‘Dark Council’ - The Theoden and Grima Wormtongue Polystone Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the base will have alot of say in that. If this thing has all of Theodens throne, and some Rohan banners hanging from the wall behind, that might look impressive. Personally the sculpts don't distract me, plus I'm sure the product in hand will look much better, as usual.

I'm sure the base, throne etc.. will be fantastic, but since the likenesses are the most important thing to me I'm afraid I may have to pass on this one. However, I'll have to see the final production shots before I make up my mind one way or another.

The details that FrodoEyes mentions would make a major difference and certainly would add to the desirability of the overall piece. However, for me the key element is that Grima figure --- it just does not look riht to me. Theoden is fine ... but Grima --- ugh!

From the look of this dio, all the SSW versions of Theoden and Grima look better, but it depends for me what the overall piece looks like, ie what's included in the base. As I say I don't think the likeness is that off, and I'm sure it'll improve

I know I will be picking this up about 6 months after it is released but I am very excited to see what it looks like.

I honestly don't think this is a bad looking piece. It's just not one of those memorable scenes that I would want represented in a dio.

9717_press01-001.jpg

Funny, as opposed to others, I like him a lot...best dio of that line IMO.

9717_press02-001.jpg

you know... for such a cool Idea.. its an obvious rush on the likeness. Too Bad. It's the best pose/idea... terrible outcome.

It's really isn't bad, and actually the profile picture is quite good; but I don't feel a real rush to order this - I think it will be around for awhile.

Back