‘Dark Council’ - The Theoden and Grima Wormtongue Polystone Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, though not for the right reason's. I must admit it has grown on me a bit, though I think the throne should have been painted more intricately, definitely with more than what looks to be two colors. I will probably cave sometime down the road and add it to my collection, if I can get one for $150or less.

You know you will! I'd say everything, or most things, that are wrong with the piece will be improved when shipped.
Hell why did we use to argue? You actually seem like a cool guy ;)
I could live with that Grima, but obviously Weta's bust and statue are hard acts to follow, likeness wise

I like it also. Grima appears maybe abit off but I do like the entire diorama. I ordered one....Now to get some more lotr dios..:D

You know you will! I'd say everything, or most things, that are wrong with the piece will be improved when shipped.
Hell why did we use to argue? You actually seem like a cool guy ;)
I could live with that Grima, but obviously Weta's bust and statue are hard acts to follow, likeness wise

No disagreement there, likeness wise Weta's version's are much better. :D

Production blog posted

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=4887

Theodin-Grima-002.jpg

Theodin-Grima-003.jpg

The production blog image looks nicer than the finished product... maybe its more of a case of bad paint-work on the proto than sculpt.

I still can't ge tover how amazing that horse arm rest looks on the throne. It all looks amazing and you guys wait and see that this will get painted better overseas.:lol The sculpts look spot on in that pic though.

The production blog image looks nicer than the finished product... maybe its more of a case of bad paint-work on the proto than sculpt.

Lately, I feel this has been a case for a lot of products IMO.

Indeed. I still can't get over the blue eyes of Saruman in the production pictures of the Gandalf Vs. Saruman dio. How could they not have noticed that? :confused:

And again, the pre-painted pictures from the production blog seem to look very good, yet the painted version looks (in my humble opinion) pretty bad. Maybe time for Sideshow to hire a new painter? After all, the production pictures are meant to entice people to buy the product, not complain about the horrible paint-job.:(

Glad I passed even after looking over the pics last night. Just not feeling this one. Congrats to those that like it.

Ooooo, one more great post there,lots of words without saying a thing....:rotfl:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyhow, this does look real nice, the sculpt is there and even the paint, but to me the subject of the dio is rather odd,with all of the choices out there and this one was picked......I still love the fell beast dio and think its the best so far, I just hope SS pulls their heads out and makes other more exciting dios then this one....I am thinking that this one will be around the $200 range....

Back