Street Fighter- The Legend of Chun Li

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOE

3 Legged Kurgan
Reaction score
https://streetfightermovie.net/

I’m gonna start with a quick rundown of our uber-cool cast for those not already in the know (c’mon you two, get with the program):

https://streetfightermovie.net/?page_id=9 : CAST PICTURES

CHUN LI
Kristin Kreuk

BISON
Neal McDonough

NASH
Chris Klein

BALROG
Michael Clarke Duncan

MAYA
Moon Bloodgood

HUANG
Edmund Chen

CANTANA
Josie Ho

VEGA
Taboo

ZHILAN
Pei Pei Cheng

suckie has written all over it...i bet a lot of cheesy lines....actors who can't act LOL.

suckie has written all over it...i bet a lot of cheesy lines....actors who can't act LOL.

actors who can't act?

Kristin Kreuk, Neal McDonough, Chris Klein, Michael Clarke Duncan

these guys aren't bad. not top talent by any means, but not bad.

Neal McDonough IMHO is miscasted as Bison, as was Raul Julia before. Bison needs to be large, massive, a bodybuilder type. Its his sheer size that makes him intimidating mixed with the insanely intelligent mind that no one would perceive coming from a man of that stature. Neal is a good actor but don't have what I envision for Bison. I love the Street Fighter Universe, its definitely my favorite fighting game series but I have my doubts that this film will be able to bridge that move into real serious and good movies.

...I'm really doubting that this film will be any good. decent actors, but i just cant' get the first street fighter movie out of my mind...lol

Are Ken and Ryu appearing in this film?”

I’m gonna let a far more qualified man, our Producer Patrick Aiello take a crack at this one. Afterall, he had a hand in the decision:

PATRICK: “Justin, Ashok and Capcom got together and decided to make it more of an origin story for Chun Li. There are just way too many characters in the Street Fighter universe to cram them all into one film. We want to do each one the justice he/she deserves. So, in short, Ken and Ryu will not be appearing in this film. But, that doesn’t mean we wont see our red and white-clad heroes in potential sequels…”

No Ken and Ryu = Me not seeing the movie. WHY would they start the film with a Chun Li origin, she NOWHERE near the most popular character for the game. You would think that they would start out with the most popular (Ken/Ryu) and then work their way down. Oh well, more hollywood idiots being idiots.

The funny thing is that the world of STREET FIGHTER is essentially "the story of Ryu and Ken" and has been told that way in countless media and that's the way I view it. It's disappointing that they won't show up. Their rivalry and friendship can make for an interesting movie.

Mike, are you familiar with the story of why Bison is skinny in the SF2 series compared to when he was monsterously huge in the SF Alpha series? I believe they explained it that in SF Alpha, Bison was at the peak of his power as he was overloaded with Psycho Power (hence getting all the huge muscles). He dies in the end of the series and a new body (the skinny Bison) is made for him by his scientists following the events of SFA. That explains his different appearance in the SF2 series.

Raul Julia is still probably spinning in his grave over the first film! Sad way for a great actor to bow out. I hope Kylie is back in this one though! LOL

I can't believe anybody would think it's a good idea to make another live action Street Fighter movie. Way to strike while the iron is hot. :rolleyes:

I dont know what it is with Hollywood that they secure the rights to game, cartoon characters and proceed to strip away what made them appealing to us fan boys and replace it with Uwe Bo ll ocks!

No Ken and Ryu = Me not seeing the movie. WHY would they start the film with a Chun Li origin, she NOWHERE near the most popular character for the game. You would think that they would start out with the most popular (Ken/Ryu) and then work their way down. Oh well, more hollywood idiots being idiots.

That is the biggest mistake IMO as well. Rye and Ken are the core of the story. And to make it even worse, they weren't the core of the first film and now this one?? What the Hell could they be thinking?

I understand where they are coming from a bit for costuming and such, but I have great fear that this will suck. I will wait until I actually see a preview, but not having Ryu OR Ken is a HUGE mistake and will make me already not want to see it.

That's like making a Batman film without Batman. :duh

Kristin is so hot :D

Kristin-Kreuk-76.JPG

Back