Kristin Kreuk is Chun-Li in Street Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Snoopy

Dark Beagle of the Sith
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I just saw this on comingsoon.net...

Kristin Kreuk is Chun-Li in Street Fighter!

ComingSoon.net has learned that "Smallville" star Kristin Kreuk will play Chun-Li in Hyde Park Entertainment's Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li! Directed by Andrzej Bartkowiak from a Justin Marks script, the action pic starts filming in Thailand in March, 2008. 20th Century Fox will distribute the live-action feature based on Capcom's video game. The movie is focused on female fighter Chun-Li and her journey for justice.

kristinkreukstreetfighter.jpg
kristinkreukstreetfighter2.jpg

https://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=40381

She is nice to look at:

kristin-kreuk.jpg

Still not sold that she'd make a good Chun-Li though.

Saw this film today in a virtually empty theater. It's like a Scifi TV movie - bad writing, some bad performances, fight scenes that weren't all that great. Chris Klein was excruciatingly horrible, Kristin and Moon Youngblood were okay, Neal McDonaugh and Michael Clarke Duncan were passable.

I guess that best thing about this film was that they trained Kristin so she could kick some ass on Smallville.

edit: I should say that I know absolutely NOTHING about the game and have no idea how the characters are supposed to be.

Last edited:
The choice to make a crappy video game movie is the result of a cost-benefit analysis by the major movie studios. Some crappy video game movies (Resident Evil, Tomb Raider) go on to make lots of money, to spawn franchises, etc. Others (Boll's movies, Double Dragon, this) don't. Its a crap shoot, but if they think, "sexy woman + video game = money" then it can happen.

I honestly can't think of a single video game movie, off the top of my head, that wasn't garbage, so making a "good film" is just not a part of the equation here. It might take someone like a Nolan or Sam Raimi to come along and change studios' condescending opinion of video game fans.

I'll just download the screener but i love me some Kristin :D

The choice to make a crappy video game movie is the result of a cost-benefit analysis by the major movie studios. Some crappy video game movies (Resident Evil, Tomb Raider) go on to make lots of money, to spawn franchises, etc. Others (Boll's movies, Double Dragon, this) don't. Its a crap shoot, but if they think, "sexy woman + video game = money" then it can happen.

I honestly can't think of a single video game movie, off the top of my head, that wasn't garbage, so making a "good film" is just not a part of the equation here. It might take someone like a Nolan or Sam Raimi to come along and change studios' condescending opinion of video game fans.

I thought Silent Hill was decent....kinda. Good atmosphere.

I thought Silent Hill was decent....kinda. Good atmosphere.
Yeah, I wanted to like that one, but thought it more crap than good on the whole when all was said and done. Maybe if they tried to explain less, it would have been better. But I will say, irrespective of the outcome, that this was one "serious" attempt at a video game movie. The vast majority of them are exclusively, and openly, attempts to make a buck, and possess no intrinsic artistic value. Sadly, this is also the state of "cartoons" turned into movies, such as Transformers and GI Joe.

Except that Transformers was really fun, and did exacly what it set out to do. Entertain.

GI-JOE will just suck.

Well, agree to disagree then.

But atleast we can agree about GI Joe. I was really hoping that movie would be just dumb fun....but it looks all dumb. No fun. I'll see it on a matinee or something.

I just saw a picture of the Zartan action figure today. He looks. . .about how I expected he would look--stupid and generic:

https://generalsjoes.com/2009/02/28/detailed-pictures-of-movie-zartan-shipwreck/

CGI Snake Eyes flipping over cars, acid destroying Eiffel Tower, Zartan that looks like a regular man on the street, Marlon Wayans, "power" suits. . . :monkey4

Back on topic, though, that Kreuk chick is pretty hot.

There is something inherently difficult about translating a video game story into celluloid. The fact is, most video game storylines are absolute garbage and if a studio were to adhere strictly to the plot arch-for-arch, the results could potentially be worse than what we actually got.

Case in point: Resident Evil: Degeneration. Most fans complained when the live action Resident Evil films deviated from the "vaunted" story established by the games. To right this apparent wrong, Capcom put out RE: Degeneration. That movie sucked, but it stayed absolutely faithful to the plot and aesthetics of the game franchise. No one but absolute hardcore fans were happy.

I don't think the quality of current video game movies is solely attributed to greedy, lazy studios but the fault is shared with the writers of those games. Video games have dozens of hours to connect with the player. A film on average only has 2. Add in the interactive element and the fact that lengthy time spent with a boring, leaden character can make the emotional connection far easier (Ex. Leon Kennedy, there's nothing particularly interesting about him, but his type of character works in context with the game.)

Also, while I do agree with your take on the state of "cartoons" turned into live action films, I don't think that digression from video games turned live action is accurate. Cartoon movies suck for a whole 'nother reason.

I would say that Silent Hill was decent and the Tomb Raiders weren't as bad as this Street Fighter. The first Resident Evil was okay too. But there's not a lot of character development in a video game - the movie makers will have to add that, and sometimes they succeed, sometimes they don't. But all of these made more sense than trying to adapt Mario Bros. to the big screen.

Back