Hot Toys - MMS113 - Blade II - 1/6th scale BLADE Ltd Ed spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah 'tilting' and so on. I'm fine with it on some figures where theres a good hairline to, for the most part, disguise the joint. But Blade would have nothing at all to hide the joint around the entire circumference. The transition from head into neck would be bumpy and the Tattoo - a key feature of Blade - would be broken up and brought out of alignment with every turn of the head. Awful! And it'd have to be a plastic neck too because the tattoo would rub off otherwise.

Yeah for me most poses don't look correct if the head's centerline doesn't follow the center of gravity of the figure. Doing that with the attached sculpted neck is impossible unless the torso is perpendicular with the ground.

For example.

I often cut the necks off heads. Again just personal preference.

Yeah for me most poses don't look correct if the head's centerline doesn't follow the center of gravity of the figure. Doing that with the attached sculpted neck is impossible unless the torso is perpendicular with the ground.

For example.

I often cut the necks off heads. Again just personal preference.

Yeah, for those specific poses the double jointed neck/head would work better, but for the most part - especially if you're just going for a museum pose with a bit of dynamism - the sculpted neck piece looks better, in my opinion. For Blade, it's a must.

Personal preference.

Well then you might as well just have Blade on a muscle body then.

Not if he can't bend his arms more than 45 degrees and can't lift his arms to shoulder level.

For me, it all comes down to the tattoo on his neck. I appreciate HT for choosing not to disturb that area with a cut line, especially since it is obvious HT themselves took pride in getting it as realistic as possible, judging by how much attention it got in the official pics and the backstage image.

Not if he can't bend his arms more than 45 degrees and can't lift his arms to shoulder level.

For me, it all comes down to the tattoo on his neck. I appreciate HT for choosing not to disturb that area with a cut line, especially since it is obvious HT themselves took pride in getting it as realistic as possible, judging by how much attention it got in the official pics and the backstage image.
On conventional Muscle body, its 90 degrees, over this you'll risk breaking it.

Actually they can build a rubber head/neck one piece with some neck head articulation at the based of the skull/head, as with the rubber bodies parts, an internal body frame is required.

Sorry, I said I'd post some quick snaps last week, but events conspired against me. I finished writing my review last night and will be taking the proper photos tonight, but here are the quick 'flash' shots from my shelf. These actually do him a great disservice, as in hand, under natural light it's one of the nicest figures I have seen-

blade1.jpg

blade3.jpg

blade2.jpg

blade4.jpg

blade5.jpg

Blade and DX Batman arrived today. I'll have pics of Blade for you guys later! DX Batman can wait until tomorrow. I got a chance to sneak a peek at both in their boxes. I think I'm more impressed by Blade at first impression.

as much as i love my DX bats...you're right about blade. he's more impressive in the sense that, you can make him do all these kinds of poses because of the martial arts and athleticism shown in the movie.

for purists like myself, i won't pose bats doing a high flying triple jumping dragon kick...cause you never see him do that in the film. however with blade, dudes a bada$$ and if you want to pose him doing a spinning flying swallow quadruple backflip high kick, you can....

granted that's totally impossible to do or even take a pic of...but you get what i mean.

Well, DX Batman can't achieve any of those poses even if we wanted it to. :lol

The Blade figure looks like it can achieve most of the poses from the movie. The outfit doesn't appear too restrictive. Of course, I won't know until I remove him from his box later today.

Well, DX Batman can't achieve any of those poses even if we wanted it to. :lol

The Blade figure looks like it can achieve most of the poses from the movie. The outfit doesn't appear too restrictive. Of course, I won't know until I remove him from his box later today.

dude! whats the hold up man! break him out! nowwww!!!!

you'll be PLEASANTLY surprised....sick figure. so happy i got my two.

I'd love to, but I can't. The mail man arrived just as I was leaving my house. I'm posting from work (on my iphone) and I won't be back until later today.

I can't wait though! I might want to watch the movie later tonight just to re-acquaint myself with his poses. I actually haven't seen any of the Blade movies since Blade Trinity came out.

I'd love to, but I can't. The mail man arrived just as I was leaving my house. I'm posting from work (on my iphone) and I won't be back until later today.

I can't wait though! I might want to watch the movie later tonight just to re-acquaint myself with his poses. I actually haven't seen any of the Blade movies since Blade Trinity came out.

i know what you mean man. like i mentioned i'm in china atm, gonna be going back to NY in a few hrs, and as soon as i get back, i'm gonna watch blade 1 and 2 back to back, just because of this figure.

as for trinity...ehhh...wish the movie never existed.

Yep, thats just waht I said in the review, I'm with you on this guys and I can't pretend it didn't surprise me too. I got the DX and Blade at the same time, and Bats is a freakin awsome figure, but Blade is just more fun, and over all I'm actually slightly more impressed by him.
I guess part of this is my expectation, as the DX had so much to live up to (and I'd still say he delivers), but the Daywalker kind of blind sided me.

Yep, thats just waht I said in the review, I'm with you on this guys and I can't pretend it didn't surprise me too. I got the DX and Blade at the same time, and Bats is a freakin awsome figure, but Blade is just more fun, and over all I'm actually slightly more impressed by him.
I guess part of this is my expectation, as the DX had so much to live up to (and I'd still say he delivers), but the Daywalker kind of blind sided me.

blind sided, that's the word i wanted to say! thanks wook.

when the first pics of blade came out, i was surprised that HT was gonna make him at all. i mean, it's been a few years since the movies came out (with trinity kind of destroying the overall mood), then i saw proto pics and was kind of meh. it looked enough to be snipes, but it was off.

honestly, i wasn't gonna get him. blade had just about left my mind, and it was all DX for me. then i saw the retooled pics, then i saw the actual figure itself....i was sold and i just HAD to get the damn thing.

so glad i did. the extras and the headsculpt, and just remembering how much of a bada$$ blade was/is, def one of my favs. right under DX bats of course...

i mean, as much of a bad mofo blade is, he can't out bad mofo bats. with prep time, bats can take out God.

That's how I felt about Wolverine. I love the character and wanted a Wolverine figure so even if it was average for a HT figure I'd still love it.

It's one of the best figures in my collection the sculpt, the body, the paint, the claws everything was better than I imagined. I'll be getting Blade for much the same reason and really hoping he doesn't disapoint.

Back