Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't know how much production costs went in to making the suit though, not to mention how much the Garfield likeness cost....

Then it's simply based on each person opinion of a particular version, all of those i mentioned are more expensive than previous figures, so i donm't get why this one is the subject of hate for being more expensive?

This isn't a case of which is better as they are just different versions. If Iron Man MK II and MK VI can live side-by-side why can't this and the Raimi one?

I didn't say they can't. However, you can't blame people for passing either.

Indeed, all figure prices have gone up, even Sideshow's products. It's not a good thing long-term, many have mentioned the comic book boom of the '90s and the bottom falling out.

I do think this is overpriced compared to Raimi Spider-Man, but only slightly overpriced in terms of value for what you're getting when compared to other figures currently up for Pre-Order.

I'm a Spidey fan so i'm willing to pay $10-$15 more than it should cost.

The rampant call of this being ridiculously overpriced are very hypocritical as many of those postes have order figures that cost more and come with equal or only slightly more.

I didn't say they can't. However, you can't blame people for passing either.

No of course not, but the idea of it being one or the other and it costing a bomb is redundant as other new figures of the same characters cost more but are given a free pass. :dunno

What are the chances their will be any surprise items though? I mean, I would have thought this would get an EX for sure with all of the negativity that has surrounded the costume. :dunno

Loki is $15 MORE than this, so that means all of the above posters are priced out of that too and consider it even more ridiculous

:dunno want for a figure trumps price. Just because Babydoll is $50 cheaper than Spidey doesn't mean I'm going to buy her. I don't understand your argument, sorry. I don't want Loki. He could be $50 and I still wouldn't.

Indeed, all have gone up, even Sideshow's products. It's not a good thing long-term, many have mentioned the comic book boom of the '90s and the bottom falling out.

I do think this is overpriced compared to Raimi Spider-Man, but only slightly overpriced in terms of value for what you're getting when compared to other figures currently up for Pre-Order.

I'm a Spidey fan so i'm willing to pay $10-$15 more than it should cost.

The rampant call of this being ridiculously overpriced are very hypocritical as many of those postes have order figures that cost more and come with equal or only slightly more.

I think everything is overpriced now, to be honest. If it's something I really love or something I can get for a decent price, I'll pick it up.

However, I'm currently working on a list of stuff that I'm going to get rid of as I want to consolidate my collection into the stuff that I really love from now on, because I can't keep up on the stuff that I just like anymore with the number of releases and prices they're coming up with all across the board.

I know they've been yellow for this movie,but it still looks off.
They look better with the white material like Tobey had.
The Spiderman 3 figures are so much better that this one and it's unofficial head sculpt will be an easy pass.

This will sit in stock for months and months- was really hoping to be wowed by this ( I like the new costume) but HT translation not very good IMO. $200 for this???

This "likeness cost" crap is getting OLD....really if you truly think that is valid.......HT is gouging and that is simple. Buy it or don't but don't cry endless tears for poor HT taking it on the chin with costs...:slap

I think it's the hungry community that has caused these higher prices from hot toys, with people lapping up $220-$300 for certain figures and estimating $400-$500 for hulk, hot toys are thinking they can charge more for figures across the board.

For instance The Boss shouldn't be $215 but Hot Toys thinks it can charge that because people by other figures of that price.

What are the chances their will be any surprise items though? I mean, I would have thought this would get an EX for sure with all of the negativity that has surrounded the costume. :dunno

Well before the Joker Ex, the last one was Classic Pred i think, so it's not as common as it once was.

With every new release the price of a Hot Toys figure goes up ever so slightly. Depending on how many figures are released over the next year/two years we could be looking at $350/400 for a standard 1/6 figure by 2014. Where does it stop?

This will sit in stock for months and months- was really hoping to be wowed by this ( I like the new costume) but HT translation not very good IMO. $200 for this???

This "likeness cost" crap is getting OLD....really if you truly think that is valid.......HT is gouging and that is simple. Buy it or don't but don't cry endless tears for poor HT taking it on the chin with costs...:slap

All stay in-stock for months though :lol

What would you consider a good translation?

I mean i consider this very good as it captures the suit almost perfectly in my view, but what is it that doesn't jive about the execution for you?

It's up $205....ouch!

1306720430001.gif

With every new release the price of a Hot Toys figure goes up ever so slightly. Depending on how many figures are released over the next year/two years we could be looking at $350/400 for a standard 1/6 figure by 2014. Where does it stop?

When enough people have to start choosing carefully.......HT will implode on greed eventually...luckily they still produce occasional gems like Joker 2.0

When enough people have to start choosing carefully.......HT will implode on greed eventually...luckily they still produce occasional gems like Jake Sully

:goodpost:

________

I hope we see the Garfield Sculpt at SDCC.

Sculpt can be a big deciding factor for alot of customers. Keeping it blurred for too long is not a good idea.

Value is really a personal thing. I have no problem spending $500 for a figure if I think its worth it. For $205 plus shipping, all of the avengers have free shipping by comparison, this is a bit high for this figure, in my opinion. I may change my mind, and still get it, but right now, its the first Marvel or DC figure in 2 years that I haven't rushed to PO. And Spidey is my favorite hero.

Just because one person thinks something is a good value, doesn't mean everyone should. I don't think we should worry about if others are getting this or think its worth it. Be happy if you like it and are getting. If you're not getting it, be ok with that decision.

Back