Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lizard figure would be awesome, I just would be afraid of what they would charge for it :lol

561649_10150898460102344_1257237881_n.jpg

I swear to G that if you zoom in you will see MECHANIX on his gloves.

But for real, I would buy a set spidey gloves by MECHANIX. Lets make that happen.

Figure looks amazing IMO, better then previous Spidy figures I prefer this costume I will be picking this up for sure :)

I don't have anything against anybody who wants to buy this, but I think the questioning and complaining stems from the fact that we already got a pretty awesome blue and red Spider-Man figure for $150. That one looks more like the comic version as well, so it's got that going for it too. People see this for $205 and I can understand why they pass. The utility and value for your dollar feeling just isn't there for a lot of people. If you're a hardcore Spider-Man fan and want every version of him, it makes sense to buy it, but Hot Toys could very likely lose the purchase of the casual buyer who might pick this up if the price had been a little more competitive.

I don't have anything against anybody who wants to buy this, but I think the questioning and complaining stems from the fact that we already got a pretty awesome blue and red Spider-Man figure for $150. That one looks more like the comic version as well, so it's got that going for it too. People see this for $205 and I can understand why they pass. The utility and value for your dollar feeling just isn't there for a lot of people. If you're a hardcore Spider-Man fan and want every version of him, it makes sense to buy it, but Hot Toys could very likely lose the purchase of the casual buyer who might pick this up if the price had been a little more competitive.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

Last years Spiderman came with no second headsculpt though, just a cheap looking diaroma and who knows Hot Toys may add something like that to this package

First impression- much more toy-like with the costume- first HT Spidey far more ornate and realistic looking, next to nothing with it...and price? $50 more than orginal?????

Last years Spiderman came with no second headsculpt though, just a cheap looking diaroma and who knows Hot Toys may add something like that to this package

Yeah, but this year's overpriced Symbiote Spider-Man came with a headsculpt and a cheap looking diorama and it was just $5.00 more than this. It also isn't a very good business practice to put up something for pre-order at a higher price that doesn't have everything that will be included listed in the description yet.

I don't have anything against anybody who wants to buy this, but I think the questioning and complaining stems from the fact that we already got a pretty awesome blue and red Spider-Man figure for $150

That would make sense IF there wasn't another Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Captain America and Joker, Bat-Pod, and Tumbler and T2 and City Hunter all up for order too

All of them are more expensive than their previous ones, so why is that this has to be the same price? :huh

People are acting as if this need to be priced even more lower than all other hot toys figures without reason other than, 'because it should' :dunno

Hot Toys could very likely lose the purchase of the casual buyer who might pick this up if the price had been a little more competitive.

:goodpost:

Yeah, but this year's overpriced Symbiote Spider-Man came with a headsculpt and a cheap looking diorama and it was just $5.00 more than this. It also isn't a very good business practice to put up something for pre-order at a higher price that doesn't have everything that will be included listed in the description yet.

Difference IMO with the black suit is that you're going to have to be a big Spiderman fan to pick that figure up (for example I doubt there's too many that have the black suit but not the red and blue). Hot Toys can charge more for this figure though because it's the classic Red and Blue meaning probably even casual Spiderman fans could be tempted to pick him up

That would make sense IF there wasn't another Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Captain America and Joker, Bat-Pod, and Tumbler and T2 and City Hunter all up for order too

Some of those are or are not better than the old versions or are equal to the older versions, though. New Black Widow is better than old for example. I'd say old Spider-Man is better than this one for a lot of collectors and at the higher price, many will very well skip this one.

Some of those are or are not better than the old versions or are equal to the older versions, though. New Black Widow is better than old for example. I'd say old Spider-Man is better than this one for a lot of collectors and at the higher price, many will very well skip this one.

Then it's simply based on each person opinion of a particular version, all of those i mentioned are more expensive than previous figures, so i donm't get why this one is the subject of hate for being more expensive?

This isn't a case of which is better as they are just different versions. If Iron Man MK II and MK VI can live side-by-side why can't this and the Raimi one?

Then it's simply based on each person opinion of a particular version, all of those i mentioned are more expensive than previous figures, so i donm't get why this one is the subject of hate for being more expensive?

This isn't a case of which is better as they are just different versions. If Iron Man MK II and MK VI can live side-by-side why can't this and the Raimi one?

I think this will make a great display with the other Spiderman figures, in fact I'm almost certainly going to pick up the original Red and Blue and the new Black Suit version and use both Maguire and Garfield sculpts to make custom Peter Parker's and display all 5 side by side :yess:

I think with a unique base, this would appeal to me more. Perhaps after I have more invested in this version of Spidey, ie seeing the movie, I'll feel more on the 'it's worth it side' with Nova. But as it stands, seems like its a tad on the high side. But I agree with Novas point about several other figures...but I think they are on the high side too. But comparing this and it's price to the IM figs or a DX is comparing apples and oranges. The IM figs have tons of tooling cost invested into them and the DX figs have, well the PERS gimmic. This has none of that. Doesn't his web shooters have lights on them in the movie? They decided not to add that either? :huh

Back