Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With no free shipping at SS I see no reason to buy from them if you're in the states since you can get it at a discount at most retailers :dunno

If I do really enjoy the movie I'll PO this but at old faithful Alter Ego at $184.99 and approx $12-$15 shipping to the lone star state :yess:

$205 for a pretty flat figure is a lot imo. Cap came with a ton of stuff and more intricate suit. Plus he had to actually be sculpted.

Looks good to me, but does anyone else find where the web patterns meet between his eyes verrrryyy distracting?:dunno

For me its the pattern on his arms and the lines on the blue area of his suit. Looks strange to me. Like Ray Charles stitched it.

These dolls are a luxury. People seem to forget that. And price is determined much more by R&D than by the number of accessories any given fig comes with.

It has nothing to do with the price.:dunno:rolleyes2

Nope, nothing to do with price, after all $205 can't be ridiuclous if nearly every other figure is more than that.

It's about Value. (though that is going unspoken in favour of snap statements about ridiculous pricing)

Fact of the matter is the issue people have with this is the value of what it comes with compared to a figure released one to two years ago instead of value compared to figures released at the same time.

And accuracy, too much accuracy. Some people want the eyes to be a colour that they aren't in the film or just generally don't like the costume

$205 for a pretty flat figure is a lot imo. Cap came with a ton of stuff and more intricate suit. Plus he had to actually be sculpted.

The body on this looks new to a few people here, the costume is intricate what with the webbing and the garfield sculpt will actually be sculpted.

Cap comes with 2 (same mould) shields each painted differently and an alien gun for $10 more than this, so by comparison Spidey could do with being around $10 cheaper.

$10 isn't a big deal to me in this case.

Last edited:
561649_10150898460102344_1257237881_n.jpg

What material is the suit? Will it suffer from any long term damage if it's posed too much like above; such as cracks were the creases are?

Hope we get a lizard. I really hope we do.

We should be getting a teaser for the next figure within the next 24hr

Afterall, When Loki went up for order they showed a Black Widow teaser the next day.

When Black Widow went up for order they showed an Iron Man MK VII teaser the next day.

When Joker went up for order they showed a Batman teaser the next day.

So now that Spider-Man is up for order they should be showing a _______? teaser tomorrow :yess:

We should be getting a teaser for the next figure within the next 24hr

Afterall, When Loki went up for order they showed a Black Widow teaser the next day.

When Black Widow went up for order they showed an Iron Man MK VII teaser the next day.

When Joker went up for order they showed a Batman teaser the next day.

So now that Spider-Man is up for order they should be showing a _______? teaser tomorrow :yess:

I'm (unrealistically) praying for the Lizard teaser. If that doesn't happen, I hope someone on the boards or somewhere does a Kurt Conners sculpt. :pray:

Back