DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Well, I sure am glad there's gonna be a ****ing Batman Who Laughs before Blight, Inque, Mad Stan, Lobo, Metallo, Toyman, Lex Luthor, Lobo, Brainiac, Darkseid, Solomon Grundy, The Question, Jonah Hex, Killer Frost...

tenor.gif

Ahhhhhhh agreed!! So so so many characters they should be making before doing characters that never even appeared in the DCAU

I’m fine with Talon and Batman Who Laughs. Stuff like this keeps the line alive at least.

I’m fine with Talon and Batman Who Laughs. Stuff like this keeps the line alive at least.

The line is still alive. There are many figures to make.
From tas there are:
Tygrus, samurai, hugo strange, clock king, sewer king, bruce, ****, barbara, selina, langstrom, red claw, the wolf, maxie zeus, baby doll, rupert thorne-candice, roland dagget, harvey dent, pamela isley, leslie, lockup, batboat, different outfits for ra’s and talia.

From tnba there are:
Penguin, hatter, ventrloquist, gordon, clayface, calender girl, batwoman, the judge, batmobile, batwing.
Not to mention the JLA joker which I’d prefer instead of the “lipless joker” for a tnba collection.

I suppose most of the unreleased characters are minor and dcc is afraid that they won’t be able to sell enough. Yet they don’t see that most of us would prefer that minor ones instead of a new design, for the sake of nostalgia. To me, collecting this line means somehow to own the sweet taste I used to have back then in 90s. So I don’t really care about dcau talon or red hood or azrael. They never existed.

This what if series would have been a solution to keep the line alive. But not now. Not when there are many original characters left unreleased.

Anyway. How about gcpd rogues? Still no display?

I still just want my Sid the Squid. :(

I’d buy a twopack of JLU Huntress and Question.

I wonder how it is possible that the DC does not take into account the requests of collectors !!!! It's incredible. There are so many important villains that they could release but nothing :dunno

I don’t understand why aren’t they displaying ivy freeze bane and croc. We’ve seen improved versions of batman joker and harley. Why not the gcpd rogues when their release date is even sooner? They will also recieve new paint decos afterall. Would that mean a cancellation like the jokermobile?

I almost wish DCC would do something akin to what Hasbro’s testing out with their HasLab stuff. Leave it up to the consumers to decide what they’re interested in seeing.

I don’t understand why aren’t they displaying ivy freeze bane and croc. We’ve seen improved versions of batman joker and harley. Why not the gcpd rogues when their release date is even sooner? They will also recieve new paint decos afterall. Would that mean a cancellation like the jokermobile?

There’s really no reason to show them. They’re not really going to be that much different from the originals. The Batman, Joker and Harley are a bit more deliberate. No reason to panic. They’re coming.

There’s really no reason to show them. They’re not really going to be that much different from the originals. The Batman, Joker and Harley are a bit more deliberate. No reason to panic. They’re coming.

Hope so :)

Interesting read via ToyArk:

Our own Tony Bacala attended a DC Comics interview session at San Diego Comic-Con 2019. There he got a chance to talk toys and collectibles a bit with Jim Fletcher from DC Collectibles, who is a designer on lines like DC Bombshells, and the DC Core statues. They were also joined by Spawn creator Todd McFarlane of McFarlane Toys. DC action figure fans have been eagerly anticipating what McFarlane Toys will do with the DC Comics license, and have also been wondering what the future holds for DC Collectibles. Below, I’ve summarized what was talked about. There’s some great info from DC Collectibles, where Jim Fletcher clears up a lot of misinformation out there pertaining to some of the action figure lines.

DC Collectibles

All current lines are continuing for now. Specifically mentioned Essentials, Batman Animated Series, all current statue lines.
DC Essentials is NOT cancelled (contrary to reports). On a bit of a hiatus after the next wave. Was originally planned to be a limited line, but sold better than expected, so they are now working to continue and have characters in development.
Batman Animated Figures will see some reissues of the older figures to get those in the hands of people just coming into the line, but a lot of new additions are planned.
Working with Paul Dini to re-write bios for the Batman Animated Figures, as if the show had continued going.
Going to eventually shift Animated series to mostly characters who never appeared in the show (like Deathstroke), which is why they say “The Adventure Continues”.
Asked if they plan to do more of the super articulated DC Prime 9″ Tall Figure (like Batman). They would love to, but want to see how well Batman sells. They do have designs ready if they do continue.
Specifically mentions the DC Lucha Explosiva line is NOT cancelled. It is being retooled to be more extensive, with story, bringing in more artists for updating the character designs.

Todd McFarlane

For the most part, he couldn’t say much due to current licensees still having product out, and coming for 2019.
McFarlane Toys has a 3-year contract for figures.
Todd himself wants to make sure they do as loyal and good a job as possible. Want them to be as accurate to source material (and the artists) as they can be. Wants to make sure they are amazingly detailed figures.
Does want to a bit of his own spin, if allowed by DC Comics/WB. But wants to build up trust with them first.

I really hope if by new additions, they aren't specifically referring to the "Adventure Continues" figures. Which I can easily see being the case since, despite how much we all want them, I really can't see a lot of the remaining characters from BTAS making it into the line. TNBA has a few characters that are possible but I'm not the biggest fan of those designs.

I still think that DCC lost their license to McFarlane and this new line is a very clever way to attempt to not lose their Animated sales. Now with the re-releases, I wonder if that's a clever loophole around not being able to release new characters from the show. Instead, they're releasing old ones but with new deco. I think Jim has done a great job in interviews spinning it all to sound like the line is still going, but the true line as we knew it is done. We can only hope that McFarlane's style matches close enough to DCC's and that they release new characters. I'm really surprised, though, that they will only have the license for 3 years. What's the point and who will get it next?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I still think that DCC lost their license to McFarlane and this new line is a very clever way to attempt to not lose their Animated sales. Now with the re-releases, I wonder if that's a clever loophole around not being able to release new characters from the show. Instead, they're releasing old ones but with new deco. I think Jim has done a great job in interviews spinning it all to sound like the line is still going, but the true line as we knew it is done. We can only hope that McFarlane's style matches close enough to DCC's and that they release new characters. I'm really surprised, though, that they will only have the license for 3 years. What's the point and who will get it next?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

While not impossible, it would be an incredibly boneheaded decision for WB/DC to license a property they own and have part of that license agreement be that they themselves (as DC Collectibles is part of DC Comics) can no longer make new products from that property. If that were the case, however, DC Collectibles would not be teasing modified re-releases from that property, as those would be considered new products. Also, Todd has stated on multiple occasions that his DC line would be in the same 7" scale of his other lines.

I really hope if by new additions, they aren't specifically referring to the "Adventure Continues" figures. Which I can easily see being the case since, despite how much we all want them, I really can't see a lot of the remaining characters from BTAS making it into the line. TNBA has a few characters that are possible but I'm not the biggest fan of those designs.

I was thinking the same exact thing. According to BBTS the “Adventure Continues” figures are due in April 2020. If there are any more BTAS or TNBA figures coming it would seem that at best they wouldn’t come until a few months after April. By then this line would have lost a lot of momentum. I think people are going to be a lot less interested in these a year from now.

I was thinking the same exact thing. According to BBTS the “Adventure Continues” figures are due in April 2020. If there are any more BTAS or TNBA figures coming it would seem that at best they wouldn’t come until a few months after April. By then this line would have lost a lot of momentum. I think people are going to be a lot less interested in these a year from now.

I pretty much have now. Give me a TNBA Penguin and I'd grab it but otherwise I am done.

Guys, while I am waiting the hypothetical release of these in the next future, I have done this customs the last 3 months after I have spent time and money!!! Hope you like it. C'mon DCC, give us other BTAS villains !!! 20190722_002050.jpg 20190722_002032.jpg 20190722_002009.jpg 20190722_002013.jpg

I pretty much have now. Give me a TNBA Penguin and I'd grab it but otherwise I am done.
Yeah exactly. I thought it was a ridiculous amount of time to wait for Scarecrow and Two-Face. At this point we don’t even know if TNBA is even on the horizon. I know there’s not much left but DCC needs to sell to us while they still have our attention. Even if some new BTAS and TNBA figures are in the works but just not shown DCC is giving fans too much time to stray to other toy lines and companies. They should have just finished up now with a few more characters like TNBA Penguin, Mad Hatter, BTAS Clock King, Red Claw, etc.

I know this isn’t BTAS or TNBA but DC Collectibles has the justice league set of 8 at $124. That’s about $15 per figure. I read somewhere this is a low run set.

Back