1/6 MARVEL Future Fight - 1/6th scale The Punisher (War Machine Armor) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[...]He's just too small and "street"-looking to be Frank. Punisher is supposed to be a brick wall with a piercing gaze. A Cold-Blooded, Mafioso Hitman/Operator type. God's honest truth, Kovacs over at Altered Carbon was more of a Punisher than Bernthal.

[...]

I haven't read Punisher since his first comic a loooong time ago. I understand that high-level military operators -- spec forces guys and so on -- are often imposingly large likely due to physical requirements, but given the tight urban environments he's working in, I can buy a smaller, agile Bernthal-type Punisher for the most part.

[...] with Bernthal as The Punisher: he just comes across as some dumb bruiser with no skill, just a comical tolerance to damage. If you take a look at many of the real life high-level Operators, you'd be hard pressed to find guys that are the type to run around shouting and yelling when it comes down to time-on-target. It's simply a cold execution of well-trained protocol.

More 'Sicario' than 'Rambo'. Netflix Punisher had a little of that, but often went off the rails with the comical damage tolerance. As many times as he showed himself to be highly skilled and calculating, he was just as often a loose cannon with no plan other than 'attack the enemy first' and tended to stand around in the open waiting to get shot, stabbed, bludgeoned etc. while yelling a lot.

That was such a great scene in AC, and yeah Mackie is not cool enough.

I think you guys really nailed it in some of these comments, as to a big problem I have - aside from overall looks - with Bernthal as The Punisher: he just comes across as some dumb bruiser with no skill, just a comical tolerance to damage. If you take a look at many of the real life high-level Operators, you'd be hard pressed to find guys that are the type to run around shouting and yelling when it comes down to time-on-target. It's simply a cold execution of well-trained protocol.

That reminds me how in DD season 2, when the bad guys found his apartment and raided it and captured him, I thought for sure he had some booby traps waiting for them. But nope, he just got overpowered and captured. I was kinda like wtf, Punisher should be smarter than that.

More 'Sicario' than 'Rambo'. Netflix Punisher had a little of that, but often went off the rails with the comical damage tolerance. As many times as he showed himself to be highly skilled and calculating, he was just as often a loose cannon with no plan other than 'attack the enemy first' and tended to stand around in the open waiting to get shot, stabbed, bludgeoned etc. while yelling a lot.

Yeah it did seem to vary a lot, as to when he would be calculating and when he would just charge in unprepared (like when he took on those guys in the gym), but I just took that as him being in a mood to be in a really messy and brutal fight now and then and inflict as much pain as possible. Which of course was a lot more fun to watch than when he was just shooting people.

Plus I was just watching some videos where a professional boxer talked about what a sh--ty and horrible fighter Matt was on Daredevil the entire time, so I'm not sure if I really care that much about what looks realistic on these shows. :lol

Yeah it did seem to vary a lot, as to when he would be calculating and when he would just charge in unprepared (like when he took on those guys in the gym), but I just took that as him being in a mood to be in a really messy and brutal fight now and then and inflict as much pain as possible. Which of course was a lot more fun to watch than when he was just shooting people.

Plus I was just watching some videos where a professional boxer talked about what a sh--ty and horrible fighter Matt was on Daredevil the entire time, so I'm not sure if I really care that much about what looks realistic on these shows. :lol

LOL...I'd have to go back and re-watch DD, but what Netflix Marvel seems to do, is ratchet up both stakes and 'realism' by making fights uncomfortably messy and having the protagonist get beat up a lot.

From what I do recall, DD gets hit *a lot* -- more so than a pro fighter generally would -- and like Punisher, puts himself in very bad situations with no plan.

For a superhero to survive in the real world, I would expect them to be much better at planning and picking their battles, and in addition to that, being as elusive as Mayweather, Lomachenko or Ali to avoid being damaged and concussed repeatedly, with possibly the speed and brutality of Tyson to help them finish things quickly, in addition to great technical skill with weapons, joint locks and parkour.

They'd need to maintain themselves at above Olympic level just to do the job for any length of time.

Batman's gadgets would help a lot, as would things like traps and fast-acting anaesthetic gases or darts. Kevlar too, depending on the kind of superhero you are.

Anyone watch Vikings? While not historically accurate or realistic in many ways, I liked the fight choreography for Ragnar in his prime -- he was really elusive in close quarters with wicked timing.

I used to train and compete in Muay Thai, and there are some very high level fighters I trained beside that could easily beat the hell out of multiple unskilled, unarmed assailants without getting hurt. But introducing weapons, the element of surprise, skilled and motivated assailants -- and the game would change quickly even for them.

You just can't get hit in the head that much, realistically. Even if you're up you're slow, sleepy and stupid.

Ha yeah, I don't know anything about fighting, but it did always seem strange to me how rarely Matt and Frank tried to avoid those punches and kicks. Which I guess was supposed to make them seem tougher.

Ha yeah, I don't know anything about fighting, but it did always seem strange to me how rarely Matt and Frank tried to avoid those punches and kicks. Which I guess was supposed to make them seem tougher.

I watched those guys sometimes on Netflix and the 'gritty realism' wasn't very realistic and could take me out of it

The first time I got punched in the face for real was a revelation :rotfl -- not only can it hurt (sometimes it doesn't exactly *hurt* so much as ring your bell and disorient you), you really do see stars, or your vision blurs albeit briefly. There are flashes of light and darkness.

(Disclaimer: I'm a lightweight. Bigger dudes tend to do much more damage to each other).

If you get hit in the head repeatedly for any length of time it makes you kinda sleepy and dumb.

The first time I fought a guy in the ring was also a revelation. Going from training to facing someone that was trained and highly motivated to make me unconscious was a game changer :rotfl -- only one thought went through my head by the second round -- "Holy **** fighting is really *tiring*!" -- and I was in great shape. When you're inexperienced you forget how to breathe and you stiffen up.

So you get past inexperience and can go the distance -- that's still not accounting for repeated head trauma and bodily injury from weapons.

So to bring it back to Punisher and Daredevil -- none of those fights should last that long with the kind of damage being dealt out, and radioactive super powers or not, Matt should probably be punch drunk from repeated head trauma by the beginning of Season 2. Punisher should be dead early on.

As for their career longevity -- I once had the opportunity to train under and speak with Razor Ruddock. He fought Tyson in 1991 (rematch); they went twelve rounds and Ruddock survived the fight without being knocked out in spite of a broken jaw and his eye swollen shut.

It's fair to call that superhero-level toughness. I watched that man hit a heavy bag in his fifties and it was still frighteningly powerful.

By his own account, neither he nor Tyson were ever the same after that fight.

That doesn't bode well for our Netflix heroes who get pounded on all season long without a break or even proper medical attention.

I get that these are comic book heroes, but a more plausible approach to certain situations could make them even more compelling, if we're going for some level of 'realism' -- or just put 'em in spandex and have at it!

Anyway, sorry for the tangent. The only thing I geek out over more than comic-book heroes and toys is combat sports.

That video made the figure look better.

But yeah, I was discussing the same thing on my podcast about Matt's boxing which is atrocious. Also, they think having Bullseye knock DD down repeatedly in every fight was "drama" but I was scratching my head wondering how the hell Matt could get knocked down so often and it was all basically inconsequential.

That video made the figure look better.

But yeah, I was discussing the same thing on my podcast about Matt's boxing which is atrocious. Also, they think having Bullseye knock DD down repeatedly in every fight was "drama" but I was scratching my head wondering how the hell Matt could get knocked down so often and it was all basically inconsequential.

That video is edging me towards a purchase, but still not sure if it'll fit with where I'm going with my collection. I think it will probably command stupid aftermarket prices though...

DD is a trained, prodigal martial artist with omni-directional super-enhanced senses. I get that he needs to be challenged, but he shouldn't be leading with his face. :lol

That video is edging me towards a purchase, but still not sure if it'll fit with where I'm going with my collection. I think it will probably command stupid aftermarket prices though...

DD is a trained, prodigal martial artist with omni-directional super-enhanced senses. I get that he needs to be challenged, but he shouldn't be leading with his face. :lol

I’m not sure this thing will command crazy pricing. At least not in the near term as I bet it’s a big seller. Maybe somewhere down the line it’ll creep up in value. You never know though. I’m in on it now as I like it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hasbro is releasing this:

5DC9CC70-D8D1-4D2B-9EAD-FDE1ED967D1F.jpeg

It’s again, from ‘Future Fight’, but I don’t see the helmet in the game, or artwork. Is there official ‘Future Fight’ artwork out there with his helmet on? I’ve seen Marvel’s Iron Punisher helmet in the comics, but it ain’t as cool as this.

View attachment 460202

It’s again, from ‘Future Fight’, but I don’t see the helmet in the game, or artwork. Is there official ‘Future Fight’ artwork out there with his helmet on? I’ve seen Marvel’s Iron Punisher helmet in the comics, but it ain’t as cool as this.

Maybe they got the design from some concept art and decided to utilize it for this figure and other related merchandise. I can't seem to find alot of concept art for future fight available online however. Another possibility is that Hot Toys designed the helmet themselves for this figure and had it approved by Marvel. Great signature btw, season 2 was amazing!!

Maybe they got the design from some concept art and decided to utilize it for this figure and other related merchandise. I can't seem to find alot of concept art for future fight available online however. Another possibility is that Hot Toys designed the helmet themselves for this figure and had it approved by Marvel. Great signature btw, season 2 was amazing!!
Cheers. Season 2 was ok.

I can’t seem to find an official image (with helmet) of this Punisher online either. You could be right. Maybe HT created the design, & got the ok from Marvel, or some Future Fight concept art was used.
https://www.marvelfuturefight.com/en#character

He's not there, there's like 5 blank spots at the end, so might be one of them. Or they might just reskin the regular War Machine character. Never played the game so not sure.
Thanks. I actually play the game. I’m quite familiar with it. I have this character, & have been going through his attacks, & I don’t seem to see him flip his helmet on anytime.

View attachment 460202

That helmet is lazy as ****. Rather than do a proper Warmachine helmet, they just slapped that paint job on the mk7 helmet, and it looks dumb.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That helmet is lazy as ****. Rather than do a proper Warmachine helmet, they just slapped that paint job on the mk7 helmet, and it looks dumb.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I think it looks awesome, that’s why I bought it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back