Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened my Wolverine LSF, and I am am hoping to find out if my concerns are normal. Sideshow has already agreed to send me a new hand, but apparently thats the only replacement part they have. I would specifically like to know if other people who ordered this have a sag behind the left knee, and if so, is it as pronounced as mine.

Attachments

• 20140303_115728-1.jpg
    20140303_115728-1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 458
  • 20140304_111905-1.jpg
    20140304_111905-1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 458
  • 20140303_115929-1.jpg
    20140303_115929-1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 460
I'm just trying to look through my pics I took and none seem to show the back of the knee I don't remember thinking it was saggy though
Here's some pics that almost show it lol

Every time I see this thread bumped just makes me want order this thing. If only :(

Hopefully SS will make new Wolverine PF soon & I'll be a happy guy

Every time I see this thread bumped just makes me want order this thing. If only :(

Hopefully SS will make new Wolverine PF soon & I'll be a happy guy

Have you seen it in person yet? It's probably best not to if your on the fence

I hope there's a new pf soon if they can repeat cap sure wolvies not far behind

I'm surprised nobody has tried ripping off the cloth and fully painting this yet. I am still curious if we will see a Brown costume variant of this........with a switch out unmasked head!

I'm surprised nobody has tried ripping off the cloth and fully painting this yet. I am still curious if we will see a Brown costume variant of this........with a switch out unmasked head!

It's a great idea and I'm sure someone wants to do it. However, you'll need deep pockets to make that happen. First this piece will set you back 2 G's and then you'll have to come up with at least another $700-$800 to customize this piece. Not many peeps can afford to drop those kind of $$$. I hope it does happen. I'm real curious as to what this piece will look like fully sculpted.

Well, I was hoping SSC would exercise a little flexibility and allow me to keep the one I had longer, order another one when the next batch comes in, and then cobble together a complete one without issues between the two. Unfortunately they nixed that idea "we can't allow you to Frankenstein the parts".
Ok. Whatever. That made the decision to just send it back that much easier. If the credit offered had been 15-20% instead of the standard 10%, I likely would have kept it and taken my chances that the stitching would stay intact for a few years. But boxing it up again, I realized just how much I have to man-handle it. And because I rotate my collection consistently, it would have been getting that treatment a couple times a year.

Unfortunately now that it's gone, it's going to be a huge PITA to acquire this again...and I'll still be left crossing my fingers over stray QC issues. The latest batch release got pushed further into the summer which makes it a bad time for me due to travel. So it looks like the earliest opportunity will be early winter again or next spring/summer.

In the mean-time I put up Galactus again in the same spot Wolvie used to be. I love this Galactus and was mighty impressed and happy/awed with it when it arrived last September. But I have to admit that after having had that Wolverine up, Galactus suddenly pales a bit in comparison.
All I know is, despite the annoying price tag, that Wolverine LSF satisfied in a way that no other statue really has for me. I've enjoyed them all quite a bit, but the LSF just had that something extra that was hard to quantify. Chasing down a replacement without issues is now my life's mission in this hobby.

BTW-
packing that thing up, getting it down a flight of stairs, and to the UPS drop off was a MAJOR workout. I do not want to go through that again.
Secondly, there was some question as to the stability of the figure on the base since there was a huge noticeable gap between the sole of the boot and base.
In actuality, that thing wasn't going anywhere. I had to pull hard to get the lower body off the base. That thing was on as secure as could be.

Well, I was hoping SSC would exercise a little flexibility and allow me to keep the one I had longer, order another one when the next batch comes in, and then cobble together a complete one without issues between the two. Unfortunately they nixed that idea "we can't allow you to Frankenstein the parts".
Ok. Whatever. That made the decision to just send it back that much easier. If the credit offered had been 15-20% instead of the standard 10%, I likely would have kept it and taken my chances that the stitching would stay intact for a few years. But boxing it up again, I realized just how much I have to man-handle it. And because I rotate my collection consistently, it would have been getting that treatment a couple times a year.

Unfortunately now that it's gone, it's going to be a huge PITA to acquire this again...and I'll still be left crossing my fingers over stray QC issues. The latest batch release got pushed further into the summer which makes it a bad time for me due to travel. So it looks like the earliest opportunity will be early winter again or next spring/summer.

In the mean-time I put up Galactus again in the same spot Wolvie used to be. I love this Galactus and was mighty impressed and happy/awed with it when it arrived last September. But I have to admit that after having had that Wolverine up, Galactus suddenly pales a bit in comparison.
All I know is, despite the annoying price tag, that Wolverine LSF satisfied in a way that no other statue really has for me. I've enjoyed them all quite a bit, but the LSF just had that something extra that was hard to quantify. Chasing down a replacement without issues is now my life's mission in this hobby.

BTW-
packing that thing up, getting it down a flight of stairs, and to the UPS drop off was a MAJOR workout. I do not want to go through that again.
Secondly, there was some question as to the stability of the figure on the base since there was a huge noticeable gap between the sole of the boot and base.
In actuality, that thing wasn't going anywhere. I had to pull hard to get the lower body off the base. That thing was on as secure as could be.

Sorry to hear about your situation regarding the Wolvie LSF bud :( remind me again of your issue? Was it the pull on the fabric? I'm sure someone will pull through for you to enable you to be re-united with him again one day soon :)

And your comments regarding having Galactus taking his spot...yea, once you see Wolvie in the flesh and infront of you on display, there's not many pieces that could take its place albeit another LSF ;)

Me ready. My wallet ain't :lol ... I just got Megatron, so 2 LSF coming, y not... Just need to hide from moi wife :panic:

Back