Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks ant! How do you like yours?! I've never spent this much on a statue, only been collecting a few years but I saw this at the SDCC and I thought it looked magnificent. Only thing I wished is if the head sculpt had him screaming, your sig pic would have been perfect!! I'm thinking this thing is probably overpriced but i just had to have it.:panic:

:) I think it's amazing the presence of this statue is superb I know what you mean about the face but it's great in person like he's contemplating an attack :)

I agree with Ant. The impact of a wolverine in that scale is something to be seen. Because of the size the subtlety of that portrait can be appreciated...He looks determined and focused to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mine is shipping this Thursday, very excited!!!!!

Exciting time indeed! Congrats!
Even though you've already seen this in person, I'm betting that just like evaluating the size of a large screen TV in a huge showroom, once you have it in your own, smaller, more immediate living space it will make even more of an impact than you expected.
Either that, or you'll wish it was a couple inches bigger :wink1:

If it's possible for something to be both overpriced and enormously satisfying at the same time, this statue has to qualify.

one more thing- even though the determined grimace has become kind of a cliche now (Batman, Daredevil, This, etc) I think on this piece it works beautifully. I love that at this size, the expression is subtle but appropriate rather than bombastic.

Thank you guys for all of your feedback, appreciate it!! :hi5: I got him today and unpacked to inspect, looks all good. I was careful not to get my unending stream of drool on him. :thud: Just can't believe I finally pulled the trigger on this thing. I guess I am in too deep now with this whole collecting thing. Hahaha. Just very thankful I can even purchase something like this and enjoy it.

I have to figure out a spot now! haha, stupid question, but you guys try to keep your stuff away from direct sunlight right? I would imagine UV rays aren't good..fading..etc...

Also, another stupid question...I live in an apartment and I'm quickly running out of space...what do you guys do with your boxes? I was thinking of flattening some of them but that means getting rid of the Styrofoam.....is this wise? I know probably not but it seems really silly to spend money on a storage facility for empty boxes.... :lol

Thanks again guys, can't wait to put him together, thing of beauty!!!!

Thank you guys for all of your feedback, appreciate it!! :hi5: I got him today and unpacked to inspect, looks all good. I was careful not to get my unending stream of drool on him. :thud: Just can't believe I finally pulled the trigger on this thing. I guess I am in too deep now with this whole collecting thing. Hahaha. Just very thankful I can even purchase something like this and enjoy it.

I have to figure out a spot now! haha, stupid question, but you guys try to keep your stuff away from direct sunlight right? I would imagine UV rays aren't good..fading..etc...

Also, another stupid question...I live in an apartment and I'm quickly running out of space...what do you guys do with your boxes? I was thinking of flattening some of them but that means getting rid of the Styrofoam.....is this wise? I know probably not but it seems really silly to spend money on a storage facility for empty boxes.... :lol

Congratulations !!! It's quite an experience the first opening :)
I keep mine out of the sunlight just in case

And my boxes are in my loft apart from my lsf that's at my grandparents as the box is so big lol

Can't wait to see the pics ;)

You might want to keep all the packaging stuff for when you plan to sell him or moving new house :)

Congrats on the LSF :) I wouldn't throw the boxes out if I were you, I will affect your resale value and if you ever want to transport it again it'll be a pain.

Congrats on your new Wolvie LSF my friend :clap it was the second LSF I purchased and despite it being slightly overpriced in my opinion, i never regretted paying the $2K as it's the definitive Wolvie collectible on the market for me in terms of size, pose and overall presence and wow factor! As others have mentioned, try not to throw any of the original packaging as it will always come in useful when wanting to move the statue to a new location or if one day you decide to sell it. Remember, this piece has delicate fabric and stitching which unless stored safely when dismantling him, can pick up stains, scuffs or even bobbles in the fabric so easily and when that happens you'll be kicking yourself trust me ;) any chance of some pics of your Wolvie on display brother? :)

thanks guys for advice, yeah, ugh, so many damn boxes lol.

Would love to take some pics, but still in the box at the moment. I have to make room. Been digging your displays Robert, wow, gorgeous, gorgeous work!! And thank you for the tips, I will be extra careful when holding him. I did notice a slight paint error on the lips, didn't know if it was worth emailing SSC about....

What do you guys generally do for dust? Paint brushes and canned air? I have to have the Godzilla maquette vs Wolvie LSF display! hahaha.

Would love to take some pics, but still in the box at the moment. I have to make room. Been digging your displays Robert, wow, gorgeous, gorgeous work!! And thank you for the tips, I will be extra careful when holding him. I did notice a slight paint error on the lips, didn't know if it was worth emailing SSC about....

What do you guys generally do for dust? Paint brushes and canned air? I have to have the Godzilla maquette vs Wolvie LSF display! hahaha.
thanks guys for advice, yeah, ugh, so many damn boxes lol.

Thanks for the kind words buddy :duff like yours, mine is also re packed and stored away in its box until I have the space to display him in my new home :( in regards to the paint error on the lips, what seems to be the problem? I know on some that the lines of the lips have been painted rather faintly...here is a pic of mine for you to see

tyva2y2a.jpg

jepyma8y.jpg

In regards to dusting, I think the general advice that most people would give wrote PFs or even the larger LSFs would be those soft bristled brushes that girls use for make up to apply blusher...I sometimes use a soft bristled 2inch paint brush and gently go over the collectible every other day. Other than building a display case for your Collectibles, this would seem the best options :hi5:

Thanks for the kind words buddy :duff like yours, mine is also re packed and stored away in its box until I have the space to display him in my new home :( in regards to the paint error on the lips, what seems to be the problem? I know on some that the lines of the lips have been painted rather faintly...here is a pic of mine for you to see

tyva2y2a.jpg

jepyma8y.jpg

In regards to dusting, I think the general advice that most people would give wrote PFs or even the larger LSFs would be those soft bristled brushes that girls use for make up to apply blusher...I sometimes use a soft bristled 2inch paint brush and gently go over the collectible every other day. Other than building a display case for your Collectibles, this would seem the best options :hi5:

Still awesome pics Andy :)

Mines in storage as well the day will come one day :)

Cool pics man! Thanks! Wow, sounds like we all need some more room, hahaha. I live in a apartment, so I'm trying to figure what the hell I'm gonna do. Just for my PF's and Hot Toys, I was thinking Detolfs and Bestas? but haven't decided if that's the best option. Seems like a lot of collectors do that and that's why it's popular. I was thinking of putting my PF's in the Detolfs, I like the glass display. Generally speaking, the shelves should be ok for them? Is it a 13lb max I think? I saw on the recent sideshow blog showcasing the latest collector, he had his PF's in detolfs? I think these are them?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/featured-collector-atim-b/

Here's two quick pics I took. I guess not necessarily a paint defect, rather just the a texture bump on the lip, on the upper lip, right side. Maybe wolvie caught some STD from mystique? :rotfl

So, I dunno, I thought maybe I would ask you guys if you thought it was a big deal or not. Thanks for any input, considering the price of this piece, I thought I would ask... :panic:

Thanks for the brush advice, time to go get some of those suckers! Dust is the worst!!!!!

oh btw, I have to go back and dig through the posts, but is there a specific stand that people bought that compliments this wolvie?

I never noticed until now that he has no lips. Wtf? Is he sucking on his top lip or what? Very weird......my interest kind of died down after seeing that

Back