HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MMS67 came with an unmasked head even though we never see his face unmasked while in the BB suit (in the cave scene in Begins, they escape having to explain or magically erase his racoon eyes by only showing the back of his head when he removes the mask)....besides, MMS67 was technically a TDK figure, not under the BB banner. PLUS it was a freaking MMS not a DX.

For all these reasons, DX09 should've had an unmasked head.

MEH.

Joker should have come with a second portrait, tie and a beret.

AWESOME!!!

BUT....I will only get this if he comes with a Bruce Wayne head. Not a big enough difference to have both versions without it. I personally hope for a scratched face version with a ripped cowl. They can save the clean faced version for a Wayne figure.

MEH.

Joker should have come with a second portrait, tie and a beret.

Agreed. That's what I'm saying. DX's should come with at least two heads by default. And it wouldn't be stretching it either....a lot of these characters have legitimate alternate looks in their films, be it masked/unmasked (Batman and other masked characters), makeup/headgear change, "clean"/"battle damaged" (characters with a significant wounded/damaged look, like Terminators).

Yeah but quite a few of them haven't been all they can be though in terms of the overall package (i.e. stuff). Indiana Jones, Michael Jackson, DX 10 Terminator, Mime Joker, etc. All DX really means is PERS, light up base, foam, and snazzy packaging.

I thought what DX 09 Batman came with was perfectly acceptable, especially at $227. DX 08 Joker was overpriced and not "deluxe" enough though in my opinion. My only nitpick with Bats was that they gave us the bloody face plate instead of an angry face. The only thing that character is missing in terms of options is the bolo grapple attachment and a full Battle damaged look. I thought they covered everything quite well, even giving us behind the scenes weapons that he never used that were only blink and you'll miss them on the side of the armory vault door. The only improvement that could be done on him is the way they approached the suit. That's about it.

So yeah, I didn't expect them to give him a Bruce Wayne head. Though I fully expect one this time around along with the glider. If he doesn't have those, he'll only have 4-5 weapons/accessories, one of which would be one we've already seen before (the grapple gun). If you're looking for a regular '89 Wayne, I wouldn't rule out them doing an armory vault set. Especially if the TDK one is a success.

Last edited:
I thought what DX 09 Batman came with was perfectly acceptable, especially at $227. DX 08 Joker was overpriced and not "deluxe" enough though in my opinion. My only nitpick with Bats was that they gave us the bloody face plate instead of an angry face.

I would've preferred the bloody face to have had this scowl, like this:

14736249864_5e891335ea.jpg

But Hot Toys could make that up to us by giving us an unmasked Keaton head for this new Batman Returns figure. Or the giant "bat wings" that popped out of his back when he jumped off the building to get away from Catwoman.

scaled.php

Yeah but quite a few of them haven't been all they can be though in terms of the overall package (i.e. stuff). Indiana Jones, Michael Jackson, DX 10 Terminator, Mime Joker, etc. All DX really means is PERS, light up base, foam, and snazzy packaging.

You didn't think Indy DX had that much stuff? I thought it was one of the more loaded DX figures. It's downfall was a not so great likeness. I agree with you on the rest of the ones you mentioned.

Yeah, I didn't like the open mouth on that one. He would have looked better with a grimace, you're right. I'm not even sure why they opted to include a bloody mouth considering the DX 09's cowl and suit were completely clean, free of damage.

But yeah, I think everyone expects a Keaton Bruce Wayne head and glider cape. It'd be pretty disappointing if it's just a plain figure with a grapple, batarang and a couple of face plates.

You didn't think Indy DX had that much stuff? I thought it was one of the more loaded DX figures. It's downfall was a not so great likeness. I agree with you on the rest of the ones you mentioned.

I thought the robes and double sided dio were cool, I just meant figures without a second head really. I don't think Indy had one. He had that cool pedestal with the idol though.

But Hot Toys could make that up to us by giving us an unmasked Keaton head for this new Batman Returns figure. Or the giant "bat wings" that popped out of his back when he jumped off the building to get away from Catwoman.

What kind of fool would be trying to get away from Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman? :monkey3

Ahhhh Indiana Jones. He's up there with BTTF and Die Hard as a license I've never previously owned toys from but would like to, if well done. Sadly, IMO, it wasn't.

I would've preferred the bloody face to have had this scowl, like this:

14736249864_5e891335ea.jpg

scaled.php

I don't see any significant damage on the cowl, which is why HT just included the bloody face. I see a lot of people asking for those giant bat wings and I don't see the point. 1. They will make the figure more expensive 2. Most people won't even use them, and 3. If the figure uses a rubber suit, there's no way it can move the arms like that, and even if it does somehow, it can't be good for the rubber, which is why most people won't use them. They are pointless and it it will increase the price of the figure...but hey, if you guys want to relive the kenner shadow wing in 1/6 scale, fine.

They are pointless and it it will increase the price of the figure...but hey, if you guys want to relive the kenner shadow wing in 1/6 scale, fine.

I'm just saying it would look cool for display purposes. And it would make the figure markedly different than the DX09. It's doesn't have to come with those giant bat wings. I was even thinking about the rubber logistics of it all... just throwing out options so that it's different.

Either way, the figure will be what? 200 bucks? Or more? So at that price point I'm really not caring so much about what extras they are, just as long as they are cool. Also, for me, the #1 priority over all is the accuracy of Keaton's face & the cowl.

oh I can't wait for this...any idea when it will be on for preorder ? I think I am going to cancel my preorder of the armory and use the money for this and maybe the joker

I don't see any significant damage on the cowl, which is why HT just included the bloody face. I see a lot of people asking for those giant bat wings and I don't see the point. 1. They will make the figure more expensive 2. Most people won't even use them, and 3. If the figure uses a rubber suit, there's no way it can move the arms like that, and even if it does somehow, it can't be good for the rubber, which is why most people won't use them. They are pointless and it it will increase the price of the figure...but hey, if you guys want to relive the kenner shadow wing in 1/6 scale, fine.

:lecture:lecture:goodpost:

I don't see any significant damage on the cowl, which is why HT just included the bloody face.

haha, oh, and I meant the scowl, not the cowl. The scowl on Keaton's face. I would've preferred that with the bloody face, as I think the bloody face has "open lips." Although, that said, a post-Batwing crash damaged version of the DX09 would be pretty cool, too.

Glider attachment or fail. It HAS to have it. It is a very iconic moment in the film, only surpassed by Keaton removing the cowl,

I don't see any significant damage on the cowl, which is why HT just included the bloody face.

b89ofic_111.jpg

BDBatman.jpg

Btmn_1113.jpg

vs.

This.

7085139759_05455ac99b_z.jpg

That goofy faceplate is the only thing I don't like about the figure. The blood looks like ketchup and he's not ****ed up enough to warrant it.

II see a lot of people asking for those giant bat wings and I don't see the point.
1. They will make the figure more expensive 2. Most people won't even use them, and 3. If the figure uses a rubber suit, there's no way it can move the arms like that, and even if it does somehow, it can't be good for the rubber, which is why most people won't use them. They are pointless and it it will increase the price of the figure...but hey, if you guys want to relive the kenner shadow wing in 1/6 scale, fine.

It's iconic enough to warrant them I think.

I used the cape rods on my DX 09 for the cape pose on and off and nothing got damaged (granted I didn't leave them that way). It's a nice option for people that want them, or for photography, or to "play" around with. I don't see why anyone would be adverse to that kind of extra.

Would I keep it displayed with the glider cape? No, probably not (I'm a museum pose kind of collector), but I would try it out and would love to see pics of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back