HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny if you offered me both of those figures, I'd take the bottom one.

:lol

What Fiend and I are referring to is the delined stock cape. It hangs just as well is Tonys but it looks and feels more like real leather.
Not as plasticky. Not a negative about Tony, I love his stuff.

LOL! Different strokes for different folks, eh? ;)

Yeah I like the more leathery look of the stock cape. I didn't know you could could deline the stocker. I take it you'd have to cut it open to do that?

That'd be amazing.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...-Armor-Upgrade
2012-04-28_16-22-47_410.jpg

2012-04-28_15-05-23_218.jpg

2012-04-29_20-40-59_976.jpg

Always meant to try that. Looks like a bit of an ordeal though. I wanted to do it to recast the chest area smoother like film version.
And eliminate any rubber of the figure. It's doable I think.

Never planned to get this, but I wanted desperately to see it... it also indicates a good chance of Catwoman or Penguin or both, which is absolutely MUST HAVE. I'm an '89 Bat suit type. Might grab the cape from this one though if its better. Sucky ass '89 cape.

You don't lie. That 89 bats cape sucks major donkey balls.

Stock (delined) cape..

Yup. I like Tonys stuff but the material that HT sourced for the 89 cape is far superior. Its nearly perfect. It has that great leathery bat skin look to it. It just needs to be futzed correctly, or have the wire and lining taken out. Now, I'll freely admit futzing that cape will break even the most patient of men. :lol But if done right its perfect. De-lining and de-wiring is easy though. I owned Tonys cape, I sold it.

How would one go about delining & dewiring the stock cape?

I'd like to know this, too--just got my 89 and I love him, but the cape is a little too thick and billowy. Is it a difficult fix?

Ask jokes and bats or Rory on the DX09 thread, and please let me know how to do it when you figure it out! I suck at it!

in the announcement poster thing on the first page... I really really really hope they make a 1/4 version of this arg

I'd like to know this, too--just got my 89 and I love him, but the cape is a little too thick and billowy. Is it a difficult fix?

You need a small but sharp pair of scissors. Remove the cape completely and locate somewhere where the inner material is sewn to the outer material. Cut the inner material away making sure you stay inside the stitching on the outside edge. You must only cut the inner material.

I've tried to draw a picture - I only have Paint and it looks like I have the handwriting of a child buy I hope it helps.

upload images free

You need a small but sharp pair of scissors. Remove the cape completely and locate somewhere where the inner material is sewn to the outer material. Cut the inner material away making sure you stay inside the stitching on the outside edge. You must only cut the inner material.

I've tried to draw a picture - I only have Paint and it looks like I have the handwriting of a child buy I hope it helps.

upload images free

Now to get an extra cape to do this to....

Thanks for the tip, Jokes and Bats--but I'm all thumbs so I think I'll just stick to futzing the cape! I'm sure I can find a way to fold it properly so it'll lay flatter.

this looks sexy, Wasn't collecting when dx09 came out so this is an instant buy for me. hopefully they include a keaton sculpt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back